[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Donkey Oaty

I also don't seem to have the gingerbread theme and my clock is white on white. I selected gingerbread apps. Tried straight over R8 and with a full wipe.

Guest savior7
I also don't seem to have the gingerbread theme and my clock is white on white. I selected gingerbread apps. Tried straight over R8 and with a full wipe.

Exactly the same for me.

Is there any way I can set the stock dialer to be dafault? It doesnt show up in the app drawer but its in the application list in settings. I wanna uninstall the ZTE one because it always seems to cause hell to my battery.

Aggh! With r10 I can't read the clock!

It's white on a light-grey status bar. How do I make it black again?

Also the message icon is middle-grey with white lines showing on a light-grey status bar - it looks like a filthy smudge.

The status-bar date still shows back (thankfully) when I press on the status bar.

Can these things be changed back?

And... any chance of turning off (or commenting out) these debug messages which show up at the rate of nearly 40 per second:

<7>[01-17 17:49:10.797011] [535: akmd2]evbug.c: Event. Dev: input2, Type: 3, Code: 1, Value: -105
<7>[01-17 17:49:10.797011] [535: akmd2]evbug.c: Event. Dev: input2, Type: 0, Code: 0, Value: 0
<7>[01-17 17:49:10.908973] [535: akmd2]evbug.c: Event. Dev: input2, Type: 3, Code: 1, Value: -92
<7>[01-17 17:49:10.908973] [535: akmd2]evbug.c: Event. Dev: input2, Type: 0, Code: 0, Value: 0[/code]

Odd, will look into the clock issue, working on the debug messages too.

P

How did you reinstall it? Because I can't reinstall it from the Market.

I didn't burn it in the ROM, delete it with adb and install it from ROM.

When you log in the first time with the app it should setup your sync.

I've installed the latest rom after going add free but am having a problem with my sim contacts, its not picking any up! Any idea on how to get my contacts back, thought i might have deleted them so checked on another mobile and they are all there?

Guest XenoPhoenix
Is it syncing the information though? Can you see facebook information inside the contacts app?

Sorry I should have stated, it appears to be not syncing at all, I'll have a look at removing with adb and installing from market as RalfB suggested in a bit and report back

Guest Donkey Oaty
OK, the 'white bar when expecting black' is related to the menu key unlock function. Bake without that (for now) to get the full theme. I'll fix tomorrow!

P

Thanks for identifying the fault so fast! Anyone would think you were paid for doing this!

Guest Destrukt

hello,

first post and all that but i am going mad.

Installed R8 and could join contacts together by going to contacts>menu>edit>menu>join but in R10 the option isn't there.

how do i join contacts? is it something in the baking i'm missing? if anyone can help i'd appreciate it.

Guest XenoPhoenix

Removing Facebook and reinstalling from market didn't fix the sync issue for me. The Facebook account appears in accounts and sync with sync contacts but syncing it does nothing.

hello,

first post and all that but i am going mad.

Installed R8 and could join contacts together by going to contacts>menu>edit>menu>join but in R10 the option isn't there.

how do i join contacts? is it something in the baking i'm missing? if anyone can help i'd appreciate it.

Maybe this has something to do with the Facebook issue, maybe it can't join contacts anymore, is therefore not showing the contact pictures.

OK, the 'white bar when expecting black' is related to the menu key unlock function. Bake without that (for now) to get the full theme. I'll fix tomorrow!

P

Yeah it's black, way cooler ;).

Guest nedian05
Is it syncing the information though? Can you see facebook information inside the contacts app?

I initially selected to synchronise the existing contacts and it did nothing. Than I removed facebook from account setting and clear the data from application setting. I added the facebook account again and this time selected all contacts. This time all the contacts from facebook appeared with pics except those which were already in contacts from outlook account.

Edited by nedian05

Is there any way I can set the stock dialer to be dafault? It doesnt show up in the app drawer but its in the application list in settings. I wanna uninstall the ZTE one because it always seems to cause hell to my battery.

Sorry to bump but if I were to just uninstall the ZTE dialer using Titanium, would it revert the dialer to the stock one automatically? Or would it just unleash a world of hell?

Guest t0mm13b
Aggh! With r10 I can't read the clock!

It's white on a light-grey status bar. How do I make it black again?

Also the message icon is middle-grey with white lines showing on a light-grey status bar - it looks like a filthy smudge.

The status-bar date still shows back (thankfully) when I press on the status bar.

Can these things be changed back?

And... any chance of turning off (or commenting out) these debug messages which show up at the rate of nearly 40 per second:

<7>[01-17 17:49:10.797011] [535: akmd2]evbug.c: Event. Dev: input2, Type: 3, Code: 1, Value: -105

<7>[01-17 17:49:10.797011] [535: akmd2]evbug.c: Event. Dev: input2, Type: 0, Code: 0, Value: 0

<7>[01-17 17:49:10.908973] [535: akmd2]evbug.c: Event. Dev: input2, Type: 3, Code: 1, Value: -92

<7>[01-17 17:49:10.908973] [535: akmd2]evbug.c: Event. Dev: input2, Type: 0, Code: 0, Value: 0

That's USB HID's event debugging.... that can be switched off!!!

No contact syncing seems to be working. Facebook, Twitter and Last.FM all show as syncing contacts but no information is actually displayed. Not exactly a deal breaker but it's a mild annoyance. Works in FLB (and that uses the stock dialer.... *winkwink*) Yes I know I'm obsessed with the stock dialer but it's just better than the ZTE one which causes huuuuge partial-wake usage >.<

any reviews for r8? desperately looking to upgrade from mcr 4!

Does it sync existing contacts with your Facebook contacts, and links them to show contact pictures?

After playing around with it a bit more I have only found a few issues but I'm just gonna consolidate them into 1 post.

-NO contact sync works except Google. Facebook, Twitter and Last.FM all sync but information is not displayed on contacts.

-Stock dialer cannot be accessed or set as default as far as I can tell. May link to the point above (as sync is working on FLB with the stock dialer).

-Multitouch not working on keyboard, I've tried 3rd party versions and none are working with multitouch (was working in FLB)

-Has those USB HID debugging events

-USB Tethering not working

Edited by jtc42

Guest dneill2006

Just flashed r10 and I must say possibly the smoothest froyo I've seen so far on the OSF ;)

I was previously running Japanese Jellyfish RLS7 but thought I'd give this a try and so happy I did! :)

Nice work as always Paul :D