[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

An option to get stock dialer, instead of ZTE one, would be much appreciated...

I prefer the one where you start to dial a number and it brings up a list of people in contacts starting with that name and you can simply choose which one you want.

Very handy for contacts that have more than one number

I've no idea which dialler is though

An option to get stock dialer, instead of ZTE one, would be much appreciated...

I want stock dialer as in r8 ;)

in r8 when you open contacts, there are 4 tabs, phone, call log, contacts and favorites, in r10 there was no phone tab and added an useless group tab :) hows this in r11?

I completely agree, why have a separate app to dial a number, if you want to use the phone - either to call a contact or dial a number manually it makes sense to have it all in one place. Please include the dialler with... phone, call log, contacts and favorites please (as an option in Kitchen).

P.S. Thanks for all your hard work on this Paul, awesome, just plain awesome.

Guest james1uk
You both want different ones. ;)

I'll add them each as kitchen options.

P

Great. Just what i was after. Thankyou :)

I prefer the look of the stock one. But alot of people prefer the function of the zte one. Its great to have the choice.

The stock dailer has tabs at the top and the zte one has the feature of showing the contacts as you type/dail on the keypad.

Edited by james1uk

I completely agree, why have a separate app to dial a number, if you want to use the phone - either to call a contact or dial a number manually it makes sense to have it all in one place. Please include the dialler with... phone, call log, contacts and favorites please (as an option in Kitchen).

P.S. Thanks for all your hard work on this Paul, awesome, just plain awesome.

I like the 'Smart Dialing' feature.

Anyhow, yes, the SmartDialer will be default, but there will be an option to use the Google stock dialer instead coming to the kitchen.

P

Anyhow, yes, the SmartDialer will be default, but there will be an option to use the Google stock dialer instead coming to the kitchen.

P

Thanks again Paul, I am beginning to realise how bad the phone was when I first got it now we are getting close to a stable 2.2.

Thanks again Paul, I am beginning to realise how bad the phone was when I first got it now we are getting close to a stable 2.2.

Yup. It's the second sentence after recommending the phone "but you'll need to update the firmware" or "you'll need to bring it to me to update the firmware"

thanks Paul!

Sam

Guest Destrukt

Nice one paul,

I appreciate all the hard work of yourself and everyone else on the site towards ROMs.

Certainly ad free was a great move for me, plus you cannot ever go back to stock on this device after you have used a Custom ROM.

Fantastic work all round

Added option for stock Contacts (which also removes SmartDialer).

It's now down to you guys to tell me if this is ready for r11 primetime. ;)

(note: not implemented the gps.conf changes yet, will do so shortly).

P

hi paul any luck with the ASDAmobile apn I have entered the info as given in the asda mobile web site and it did work in r4 but now i cant send or receive mms

mifran

Guest whatcolour
Added option for stock Contacts (which also removes SmartDialer).

It's now down to you guys to tell me if this is ready for r11 primetime. ;)

(note: not implemented the gps.conf changes yet, will do so shortly).

P

Great! Since this is a *big* release, removing default Chinese bookmarks in Browser might be a step further to perfection :-)

Guest Al_Jolson

Did we get to the bottom of the inconsistencies with the kitchen? I saw a few people mentioning the same thing I get, where I select Calculator and it doesn't appear, yet I de-select News & Weather but it does still appear.

Are these just random dodgy bakes?

hi paul any luck with the ASDAmobile apn I have entered the info as given in the asda mobile web site and it did work in r4 but now i cant send or receive mms

mifran

By r4 do you mean the 2.1 release? Has it ever worked on Froyo?

P

Did we get to the bottom of the inconsistencies with the kitchen? I saw a few people mentioning the same thing I get, where I select Calculator and it doesn't appear, yet I de-select News & Weather but it does still appear.

Are these just random dodgy bakes?

Just fixed them. ;)

P

Guest bluesnow
Tbh whenever I see "Wifi Fix" I always hope that it will solve that awful wifi sleep issue

What exactly is being fixed? Just general optimization / bug fixes?

Haven't had a sleep issue till r10. I have my wlan sleep policy on never sleep but since r10 its disconnects on phones sleep no matter what setting I have it set.

By r4 do you mean the 2.1 release? Has it ever worked on Froyo?

P

whoops sorry your right it was the 2.1 so i have no idea if it works with 2.2 probably not

is 2.2 different for MMS settings ?

mifran

Guest HELLienadO

P

You're the man =D

Obrigado / Thank you

Guest n00kie bear

Can't quite believe I'm posting this for the fear of looking very silly ;) Just loaded R11 after taking a nand backup. All went fine and everything is looking good but I lost tweetdeck somewhere in the process and needed to reinstall it. Anybody else or am I just special!