[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

and another question: i thought it was due to the new update, but im missing the "Vibration only" Mode in these Options:

Yes, I'm missing the vibrate mode too.

Many thanks for all the work on this Paul ;)

That doesn't show like that for me, odd...

P

just flashed back to r10, works fine... (no odd black squares in the "Call" Tab)

Edited by hacki

Guest grentuu

Is anyone able to get romgripper working with this? Both the standard and the ++ versions install and download roms but when you press the play button nothing happens.

I have rebooted and cleared cache - no joy?

Guest Donkey Oaty
If GMaps can do it, anything should be able to do it, they all work the same way.

Sounds like a BW back end issue.

P

What's a back end issue? How do I fix it? Thanks for the reply

another bug noticed: google maps baked in with the kitchen works (positioning with gps and with wirless networks), but navigation does not. it just loops after beeing started at (translation) "Availability of Navigationfunction is checked". in the notification bar at the top screen gps locks for a short time but then the dot gets blinking again...

should i edit the gps.conf for an austrian NTP server? (since i live in austria...)

EDIT: Deleted it via Titanium Backup, reinstalled via Market, working like a charm =)

Edited by hacki

Guest haamiah

Hi all.

Thx Paul for magnificent work.Using r7 and works fine so far (20 h use).

But i noticed that camera is very worsened quality of pictures...tryed to read about it in the forum but couldnt found no answers.

Its a pitty for everything seemed to work fine but the quality of pics...some fix ?

I use SFran from Optimus (Portuguese) and a Blade B03.Thx for all the hard work.

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Hmm, I have had a horrible time with this ROM, (r11). Multiple FC's of the gapps service, Launcher Pro always FC's after reboot, etc. Just lots of annoying instabilities

Android doesn't really know which contacts are the same. You could have two contacts with the same name from different accounts, you wouldn't want them merged.

No its actually supposed to automatically join contacts with the same name and display a link to their facebook etc on the single entry. FLB used to do this so I don't get why this ROM doesn't. It syncs fine but just fails to merge contacts.

Any ideas?

Edited by jtc42

Guest yeawhatever

Blimey... looks like paul has been busy!

I am on r8 (baked on the weekend) and maually fixed the contacts issue.... was looking at updating to r9 which paul promised on monday.... just looked and cant believe how many releases!!!!

just wondering to come from r8 baked do I need to flash. I did full flash for that because of facebook sync. Seen there has been some more development on this.

Sorry if this question has already been asked, I have got a good few pages of comments to catch up on ;)

Guest t0mm13b
Hmm, I have had a horrible time with this ROM, (r11). Multiple FC's of the gapps service, Launcher Pro always FC's after reboot, etc. Just lots of annoying instabilities

Did you wipe data and wipe cache (the two options in clockworkmod)?

The way I generally do this is do the wipe on data first, then cache, then I reboot, and go back into ClockworkMod and install from the zip.

So far have had zero problems, apart from a small glitch in the GB theme in which teh contacts are a bit clipped (am using stock dialer, and on the contacts tab, the square box around the android is clipped on the top, ie the white box is missing a top line) but that's a theme issue.

Other than that, thumbs up....

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
Did you wipe data and wipe cache (the two options in clockworkmod)?

The way I generally do this is do the wipe on data first, then cache, then I reboot, and go back into ClockworkMod and install from the zip.

So far have had zero problems, apart from a small glitch in the GB theme in which teh contacts are a bit clipped (am using stock dialer, and on the contacts tab, the square box around the android is clipped on the top, ie the white box is missing a top line) but that's a theme issue.

Other than that, thumbs up....

100% wiped and everything. And then another install after the first time it failed. Restoring backups from Titanium, and it all went kaput on restart

Did you 'clear data' on Contacts?

P

Yes I tried it on contacts, dialer and call log but still the same. Can make calls from contacts but not with the dialer.

Guest sandriderman

Hi, Thank you very much for all the updated ROMS. I have used all of them from 1 - 11.

On ROMS 1 - 9 I found that the google maps navigation (on aerial photo map layer) would restart my phone after about 60 seconds. This no longer happens so very pleased with that.

I do find that waking up the phone does not allways connect to my WIFI, although it often does after perhaps 20 seconds (some times it does not).

I did get lots of FC on the contacts thing but Force Stopping the Contacts Storage and Clearing Data seems to have resolved this.

Thanks again ;)

PS, the Blue Gingerbread Thin Circle theme is great.

Guest sulligogs

Paul,

Just want to confirm that my Wifi is working completely with r10. It reconnects when waking up my Blade.

That was all I ever wanted really!

P.S. Downloading r11 because I'm a flash-phone junkie.

Downloaded R11 (came from FLB6), wiped everything. Hole system switched to German exept "Messaging" app. It is still in English. How can I get this to German.

BTW: Had a FC on 1st boot concerning .media

Thx,

alpinestars

Edited by Guest

Guest targetbsp
100% wiped and everything. And then another install after the first time it failed. Restoring backups from Titanium, and it all went kaput on restart

I don't know what your previous rom was but if you restored system settings from 2.1 into 2.2 it makes a horrible mess like you're describing. Even the green, supposedly safe ones. You can only really restore your apps it seems.

Guest Totyasrác

Just a quick note on r10: after using Sygic MobileMaps10 with GPS enabled I quit the navigation - and lose data network, also not able to receive any calls (neither can start one). Need to restart phone. But will install r11 right now and check back about it.

Otherwise: Paul, you're THE MAN, thanks a lot for all ;)

So does nobody else have the problem of contacts from different account not joining? Even if I manually click Join between a contact and their Facebook entry, they just don't.

Is it JUST me having this problem? If so, Ill just try reinstalling. It's a bit annoying since it's a really useful feature ;)

Guest Simon O
Yes, on mine too. Flashed up from R10. Strange. ;)

I'm sure Paul would appreciate a bit more information so he can sort the bug out. Did you bake the rom with the gingerbread additions or not?