[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest extremedigital
Have you heard of the app SyncMyPix? http://www.doubletwist.com/apps/android/sy...roid.syncmypix/ You allow it access to the facebook app and it pulls down pictures from your facebook friends and matches them to the contacts on your phone (for which I use Google Contacts, as you metnion in your post). It does a fairly good job of matching names (they don't all necessarily have to be a perfect match), plus you can tie/merge two together manually for those it misses. The only downside is that it doesn't keep the photos up to date without doing a full sync again.

The native facebook-google sync would be the ideal solution (once it's all fixed 'n' working), but I think this app helps a bit for now!

Hi Stuart thanks for that info i will try SyncMyPix

Thanks Paul, you certainly are the main man......I am sure you get to the bottom of the very small niggles with this rom, ALL in ALL it is a brillant Rom so thanks for your efforts.

Yeah i think the majority of people foibles for want of a better word is to do with facebook syncing previously when we didn't expect it nobody cared and now we tearing our hair out trying to get it to work LOL ;)

Same as XenoPhoenix

If you select sync all contacts then you get all your facebook contacts showing however you cannot merge them with your exists contacts

If you select sync with existing contacts then nothing shows at all.

As an aside even if it was not a facebook contact you wanted to merge ie you wanted to merge 2 normal local contacts you cannot do this from the phone. you would have to do so from your gmail account on the pc and then let it sync back to the phone.

Edited by extremedigital

@Paul:

If you select sync contacts, I get duplicate contacts with photos from Facebook that don't merge with the ones on my phone.

If I select only sync existing contacts, I get nothing. No photos or data is added to existing contacts.

Hope that clarifies ;)

This seems to be the problem. The people reporting no syncing probably ARE syncing but the contacts dont join. This means they only show up if you check Show All in Display Options, not default, so appear to not sync. Hope this helps. Syncing does work, joining doesn't, even manually.

Guest blue25i
- Unable to add Google account on Edge / 3G - I don't see this, I just added an account successfully on a mobile data connection

same problem on another blade. both using clockworkmod 2.5.0.9 - could this be a problem? what version are you using?

Edited by blue25i

Wow, lots of posts! ;)

Right, let's try and deal with all the ones I can see:

I think a lot of the 'contact sync issues' are caused by using a SmartDialer compatible ContactsProvider, but I also know a lot of people like the SmartDialer (me included). Bah. :)

P

Lol! I guess it's good to have a few eager testers. Or is it bad?

I'm just glad you're a nice guy, Paul. Otherwise we'll all be speaking to the it's-not-a-bug-its-a-feature hand.

Guest evilpaul
Paul will you fix the flash problem whereby if you go to the youtube mobile website you can't play any of the videos?

Flash is not supported by the hardware used in the phone, so if you want to watch YouTube videos you have to use the dedicated application.

Guest extremedigital
This seems to be the problem. The people reporting no syncing probably ARE syncing but the contacts dont join. This means they only show up if you check Show All in Display Options, not default, so appear to not sync. Hope this helps. Syncing does work, joining doesn't, even manually.

Hi jtc42 good point forgot to mention that however selecting Show All in Display Options does exactly the same as selecting sync all contacts in the facebook app. ie it will drop all your facebook contacts into your contacts but doesn't merge any.

Yes you are correct you can Sync ALL your contacts but the nicer option of Syncing just your existing contacts doesn't unfortunately.

@Paul:

If you select sync contacts, I get duplicate contacts with photos from Facebook that don't merge with the ones on my phone.

If I select only sync existing contacts, I get nothing. No photos or data is added to existing contacts.

Hope that clarifies ;)

Ah right, interesting... basically the FB app 'can't see' the existing contacts then I reckon.

P

Guest Al_Jolson
Has anyone got m.tvcatchup.com working?

Everything I try to play says Error Sorry, this video can't be played.

Paul will you fix the flash problem whereby if you go to the youtube mobile website you can't play any of the videos?

I get this as well. Videos don't seem to be able to play via the browser. I tested with Dolphin as well as the stock browser but it happens on both. Sorry Paul, is this something that you think you might be able to resolve?

I'm using the latest version of your ROM and its working great apart from one thing, that being access to the sim card. I couldn't access my contacts from the phone so just typed them in but when I go to export to sim card I get the message:

Sorry! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly please try again.

This happens every time I try to export to sim, is there a fix to this?

When I try to import I get a box with loading on and the spinning circle but written behind it is no contacts on your sim card. I had no problem accessing them from another mobile or on the orange free 2.1 rom I had on previously.

Edited by GB-UK

Guest Donkey Oaty
I get this as well. Videos don't seem to be able to play via the browser. I tested with Dolphin as well as the stock browser but it happens on both. Sorry Paul, is this something that you think you might be able to resolve?

I have exactly the same problem using r10. Neither HQ or LQ video will play.

Guest Phoenix Silver
I'm using the latest version of your ROM and its working great apart from one thing, that being access to the sim card. I couldn't access my contacts from the phone so just typed them in but when I go to export to sim card I get the message:

Sorry! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly please try again.

This happens every time I try to export to sim, is there a fix to this?

When I try to import I get a box with loading on and the spinning circle but written behind it is no contacts on your sim card. I had no problem accessing them from another mobile or on the orange free 2.1 rom I had on previously.

strange works here ;)

i have r11

Guest hmcguirk

I have exactly the same problem using r10. Neither HQ or LQ video will play.

Sigh. This has already been answered on this and countless other pages, again and again. The Blade hardware does not support Flash.

Great work Paul!

Guest fox2000

Hi Paul, does you rom fit a 128MB system partition?

I'm asking that because I repartitioned my Blade and don't want to break things :)

many appreciations for your outstanding work, though ;)

Edited by fox2000

Guest Donkey Oaty
Sigh. This has already been answered on this and countless other pages, again and again. The Blade hardware does not support Flash.

Great work Paul!

The iphone famously doesn't support flash but that can play tvcatchup!

Guest XenoPhoenix
Hi Paul, does you rom fit a 128MB system partition?

I'm asking that because I repartitioned my Blade and don't want to break things :)

many appreciations for your outstanding work, though ;)

This was answered earlier in the thread, basically nearly, but not with all apps installed into /system, however if you remove some of the larger apps, namely Google Maps and install that from market instead, the ROM should fit into as 128MB /system.

Edited by XenoPhoenix

A quick question if I may.

Touchpal still does not seem to work properly. In particular, when the dictionary option is chosen, which enables prediction etc, the app just closes down and the keyboard disappears. Any ideas?

Edited by fraxos

Guest Donkey Oaty
m.tvcatchup.com used to work perfectly on the blade, though I havent tried it for a couple of weeks so its hard to know when it stopped working.

Yes, m.tvcatchup.com used to work fine on the blade so clearly it isn't a matter of flash being a problem.

However, in the interest of science I just reverted back to 2.1 and it doesn't work on that either. It is clearly buggered!

Nothing for Paul to worry about though, so might as well forget it.

Cheers

Guest hmcguirk
m.tvcatchup.com used to work perfectly on the blade, though I havent tried it for a couple of weeks so its hard to know when it stopped working.

I don't know, and cant test, as I'm not in the UK, but it is quite possible they changed things on their servers to treat Android browsers differently, and perhaps they now assume Android supports Flash. Just a guess really.

Guest XenoPhoenix

m.tvcatchup.com doesn't work on my HTC desire (testing without flash) either so I think this is a problem with their servers rather than this ROM.

Edited by XenoPhoenix