[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest blue25i
- Unable to add Google account on Edge / 3G - I don't see this, I just added an account successfully on a mobile data connection

"fixed" - wrong standard apn settings (wap)

thanks for looking!

Using R11 with ZTE Dialer (I prefer it over stock one) and Gingerbread options. Installed after full wipe. Thanks a lot for great work put in making this ROM.

Two problems:

1. Call Log entries shows black box with white borders for call entries having multiple records. (Already reported and screen captured by others).

2. Facebook sync is creating duplicate records even for contacts with same names as facebook ones. (Also reported by others).

Guest tronads
Yes, m.tvcatchup.com used to work fine on the blade so clearly it isn't a matter of flash being a problem.

However, in the interest of science I just reverted back to 2.1 and it doesn't work on that either. It is clearly buggered!

Nothing for Paul to worry about though, so might as well forget it.

Cheers

Yes, I was just going to post that I had tried them in a regular PC browser and couldnt get them to work their either, so it might be a red herring. Thanks for taking the time to revert and test though, quickly ruling it out and stopping Paul wasting his time on a red herring.

Guest DarkCounter
Hmm, did something change in the latest versions which affects battery usage? I'm asking, because my blade has been plugged of now for ~5,5 hours and there is only as little as 31% left. And I did use the phone only during my way to work (about half an hour). All the other time the display was switched off, mobile data is on 2g only. Battery usage states Android system uses 95%.

How do I find out, which system components use most of the battery? Possible apps which could cause CPU or network usage are Tweetdeck, Twitter, Regen-Alarm, Maildroid. Any help is appreciated!

Bump. I lost further 12% the last 3 hours on airplane mode. Without switching on the display. What the heck is going on? Do I have to uninstall apps and have an eye on the battery after each?

Guest fox2000
This was answered earlier in the thread, basically nearly, but not with all apps installed into /system, however if you remove some of the larger apps, namely Google Maps and install that from market instead, the ROM should fit into as 128MB /system.

ok brilliant, thank you for your answer ;)

If I'm not going wrong, removing apps basically means only to delete .apks directly from the .zip, isn't it?

ps. your link isn't working, it just redirects me on the homepage, but that happens with any link in this forum... dunno why, sorry for haven't being able to search :)

Guest targetbsp
Bump. I lost further 12% the last 3 hours on airplane mode. Without switching on the display. What the heck is going on? Do I have to uninstall apps and have an eye on the battery after each?

Use Spare Parts battery info and change it to show partial wake. That will show you which app is keeping the phone awake

Guest DarkCounter
Use Spare Parts battery info and change it to show partial wake. That will show you which app is keeping the phone awake

Well, it's the android system as far as I can see (along with some other apps with much less activity). Anyone alse experiencing this problem?

I just paid for a modaco subscription and baked an R11 rom, I think i found some minor bugs or maybe i'm doing something wrong;

If I set a speed dial button in call settings and hold the corresponding button in the dialer it doesn't do anything. I am using the stock dialer not the ZTE smart dialer.

The messaging app only allows me to enter contacts manually by typing their name or number, but there is no selection list or a way to select multiple contacts.

Guest XenoPhoenix
ok brilliant, thank you for your answer ;)

If I'm not going wrong, removing apps basically means only to delete .apks directly from the .zip, isn't it?

ps. your link isn't working, it just redirects me on the homepage, but that happens with any link in this forum... dunno why, sorry for haven't being able to search :)

Fixed that link now, here is its again. Yes it effectively just removes .apks from the zips so the total size when extracted is smaller. As paul mentions though, if the update is too big ClockworkMod recovery simple stops extracting it.

Guest Totyasrác

New issue - concerning r11: connecting to PC via USB cable does not bring the "Mount SD" dialog up any more...

It was mentioned before just wanted to point out that I have the same issue.

Edited by Totyasrác

Guest rochitka
New issue - concerning r11: connecting to PC via USB cable does not bring the "Mount SD" dialog up any more...

"Glad" to hear its not just us and we have a defect San Fran phone.

Also, does anyone else use widgetsoid / extended controls / switchpro power widgets? With r11 on our San Fran we can't get the data connection toggle widget to work. This is the biggest annoyance out of all the bugs as widget power bar is the first thing I install and data connection toggle is the most important one for me (due to data connection being a massive battery eater!)

Guest Arr Too

I explained about the browser video issue (i.e. the web page not invoking the dedicated player like it does on 2.1). Something about the 2.2 configuration means the browser is either lying to the site about its capabilities or the site is assuming too much. It could be as simple as the browser saying (via User-Agent) that it's running on 2.2 -- hacking it to 2.1 helps but isn't perfect.

Guest juniperz

Have just tested - it didn't immediately bring up a Mount dialogue, but if you slide down Notifications, there is a row which says "USB Connected - Select to copy files to/from your computer". Press that, and you get the USB Mass Storage screen with "Turn on USB Storage".

Guest andysee

Paul - thanks.

went from r8 to r11 last night - needed a wipe though.

fixed the dialler problem for me.

question about busybox

in your ROM version 1.17.0, Titanium Backup version 1.16.1, can you align ?

Guest andysee
Have just tested - it didn't immediately bring up a Mount dialogue, but if you slide down Notifications, there is a row which says "USB Connected - Select to copy files to/from your computer". Press that, and you get the USB Mass Storage screen with "Turn on USB Storage".

there's no auto pop up - look in notifications.

first time on r11, my laptop started asking for USB drivers too - I just ignored that.

Guest Totyasrác

Nope - there's nothing like that @notifications... There used to be two rows about SD mount and debugging. Debugging is enabled but there's just no notification about USD being plugged in. Will check if ADB sees the phone soon and report back.

EDIT: Nope, ADB doesn't appear to recognize the phone... ;)

Edited by Totyasrác

Guest XenoPhoenix
there's no auto pop up - look in notifications.

first time on r11, my laptop started asking for USB drivers too - I just ignored that.

That's interesting... on my r11 I AM getting the mount dialog auto poping up. I do have the USB drivers installed though...

That's interesting... on my r11 I AM getting the mount dialog auto poping up. I do have the USB drivers installed though...

Works fine for me too. Weird :s

When you connect the usb lead in on 2.2 roms there is NO mount dialogue that pops up

all you get is an icon in the top status bar

slide it down and see the options it gives you - even one that says Select to copy files to/from your computer

This has been said many times, will people Please read the whole thread before asking questions as it's more than likely what your asking was answered already.

This obviously is aimed at people who have not used a 2.2 rom before and were used to the on screen pop up

"Glad" to hear its not just us and we have a defect San Fran phone.

Also, does anyone else use widgetsoid / extended controls / switchpro power widgets? With r11 on our San Fran we can't get the data connection toggle widget to work. This is the biggest annoyance out of all the bugs as widget power bar is the first thing I install and data connection toggle is the most important one for me (due to data connection being a massive battery eater!)

That happened to me. I rebooted the phone and it worked fine. It's happened to me before r11

Guest rochitka
WHen you connect the usb lead in on 2.2 roms there is NO mount dialogue that pops up

all you get is an icon in the top status bar

slide it down and see the options it gives you - even one that says Select to copy files to/from your computer

This has been said many times, will people Please read the whole thread before asking questions as it's more than likely what your asking was answered already.

This obviously is aimed at people who have not used a 2.2 rom before and were used to the on screen pop up

Am quite aware of this. No notification appears in the notification bar (even when expanding the notification area). This is definitely a bug and not something people are misunderstanding.

Have just learnt from a recent post (thanks samjam) that the widgetsoid etc. problem with the data connection not toggling off/on might be fixed by rebooting once more. (I had rebooted a couple of times since installing r11)

As I don't have access to the phone for a few days I request all who have the USB mount problem to reboot once more (and the PC itself) and give it another go as maybe it is just a case of the rom/scripts "settling down"? (I tried different USB ports also - that didn't help me - but give that a go also)

Edited by rochitka