[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest deusum86

Hi there

I just signed up for a free account at modaco and downloaded the Alpha 3 for my zte blade which i bought yesterday from ok mobile in switzerland (has a tft screen).

I'm trying to get a wirecard or sth like this to become a adfree user...;)

I'm not sure if it is a bug or not, since it's my first Sensefree Androidphone..:P but i'm not able to sync contacts with hotmail exchange servers. E-Mail push and calender works fine but contacts won't sync. Tried everything (deleting contacts data, removing the account and setting up again (with wifi and without)).

On my HTC Magic with 2.2 Froyo Sense Contacts work well. Also on my collegues HTC Desire Z the hotmail exchange sync is working. So I wanted to ask, if hotmail exchange contact sync isn't possible with 2.2 Stock or if it is maybe a bug on this rom?

Thx in advance for your comments and the great work you're doing!!!

I had a similar problem first. I checked in my outlook and all my appointments where in a non-default calendar. Moved them all to the default one (the only one that cannot be deleted) and everything worked. Hope this helps.

Strange - I have just done another data wipe and then reinstalled the ROM and the calendar sync is now working! I wonder if our Exchange server was having a bad day yesterday!

One thing I did do which I am not sure if it made any difference, was that I deleted all existing mobile devices associated with my Exchange account so it that might have fixed it? Anyway, all working now ;).

Edited by robm82

Paul,

some feedback on Alpha 4, upgraded from Alpha 3. Alpha 3 worked fine, Alpha 4 not at all. It keeps rebooting every minute or so. Furthermore it won't recognize my sim ("no sim card"). Tried different kitchen versions (default, fat and a custom one) none of which worked. Same problem every time. Wiped the phone before install.

Flori

With a pin set on the sim and the stock lock screen? If so, read the previous few pages of this thread, it has been discussed.

Guest Donkey Oaty
I've just had a frozem touchscreen. Wanted to start adb logcat but no devices were seen by adb for some reason...

So no log could be saved ;)

But one interesting thing that might be connected to this issue (either to adb not seeing the phone OR the freezing itself): I wanted to get something from my SD to my PC and after connecting the data cable nothing happened, couldn't get to "Mount USB storage" at all... Hope it'll help a bit.

I've experienced this also.

I've had the screen freeze and need to take the battery out.

This morning the screen was fine but after connecting the the PC nothing was recognised. It went onto charge but would not brng up the option for usb transfer. I had to do a reboot before it worked.

Guest AlphaVision
Paul,

Some feedback on Alpha 4, upgraded from Alpha 3. The only difference (which is a negative) is pressing the app button on the home screen, the transition is very jerky. This was noticeably smoother on Alpha3 compared to Alpha 1+2.

Its a bit of a shame and spoils an otherwise perfect ROM.

Any particular reason for this?

Thanks

Louis

Same here. Otherwise - perfect! It may not be fixe-able because it uses alpha transition which is a lot more CPU consuming than the previously used method...

Had my first lock-screen freeze last night unfortunately, otherwise, very happy.

Having a few issues with not actually getting calls though, they seem to go through to voicemail. I've tried ringing it a few times and it takes quite a while to actually connect, if it does at all. This is with full signal bars too. Anyone any ideas?

Guest Totyasrác

New issue - dropped data network for some reason. Nothing helped (airplane mode on/off, switching APN back and forth etc) - had to reboot. Weirdo :P

EDIT: Nevermind - T-Mobile 3G data is currently unavailable ;)

Edited by Totyasrác

Guest hmcguirk
Had my first lock-screen freeze last night unfortunately, otherwise, very happy.

Hey, I wonder, does anyone have any indication how many devices are suffering from these screen lockups? Only those who notice it are going to mention it, but are they a tiny minority or a majority of devices? I'm eager to upgrade to a stable ROM, but it's hard to judge the risks - I even upgraded to a premium plus account

Guest JolyonS
it's hard to judge the risks

Only way to find out is to give it a try - the screen lockup problem is hardly catastrophic so if you do experience it you can just roll back to the backup you'll sensibly have taken before upgrading.

Guest Totyasrác
Hey, I wonder, does anyone have any indication how many devices are suffering from these screen lockups? Only those who notice it are going to mention it, but are they a tiny minority or a majority of devices? I'm eager to upgrade to a stable ROM, but it's hard to judge the risks - I even upgraded to a premium plus account

Don't forget that this ROM is still in the ALPHA phase - not even beta (to be publicly test). Use it at your own risk ;)

(Othewise excellent ROM with minor issues so far - and getting better day by day!)

just to confirm, the issue with the backlights not working, is this the lights behind the 3 button bar at the bottom of the phone because mine are working fine, red one comes on when charging, flashes green when i've got a text etc, are we talking about the same thing?

just to confirm, the issue with the backlights not working, is this the lights behind the 3 button bar at the bottom of the phone because mine are working fine, red one comes on when charging, flashes green when i've got a text etc, are we talking about the same thing?

No, they are talking about the backlight so you can see the buttons in the dark/low light

As has been stated many times in this thread, no.

The charging and notifications etc. work fine, what doesn't work is the white lights that should come on in low ambient light.

Guest Simon O

The charging and notifications etc. work fine, what doesn't work is the white lights that should come on in low ambient light.

Exactly. The reason why is that the Chinese phone doesn't have white backlit buttons on an automatic sensor so support isn't compiled into the kernel. Of course if we ever get the Froyo kernel source then we can fix it... but don't expect it so soon. I have, however, asked a few contacts to bug ZTE for the code.. fingers crossed.

ok, thanks for clearing that up. ;)

How is everyone finding the power usage on alpha 4? Mine seems horrendous so far. At the start of lunch I had 48%. An hour later it was 30%. I had 3G turned on but no WiFi or GPS. I've now had it on charge all afternoon (just shy of four hours) and it has only reached 82%! It seems to be using almost as much power as the charger is putting out.

Guest oliphillips
How is everyone finding the power usage on alpha 4? Mine seems horrendous so far. At the start of lunch I had 48%. An hour later it was 30%. I had 3G turned on but no WiFi or GPS. I've now had it on charge all afternoon (just shy of four hours) and it has only reached 82%! It seems to be using almost as much power as the charger is putting out.

When you flashed the rom did you have a full battery?

I was experiencing problems exactly like you and I worked out that I must have flashed the rom with a low battery which led to some problems. I used the Battery Calibration Guide and wiped the battery stats and it is fine now. Try out the procedure in this thread:

http://android.modaco.com/content/forum/32...bration-protip/

This may help :)

Guest Luke2642

Great work Paul, and everyone that's helped you... I've had a good experience today so subscribed for year to show my support :)

I just bought a San Francisco today from my local orange shop, then...

1. Unlocked it:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-and-zte-blade/

2. Installed normal mode USB drivers:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...te-usb-drivers/

3. Put it in recovery mode and installed these usb drivers:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...rivers-and-adb/

(otherwise it showed <waiting for device> when using the fastboot installer)

4. Installed Clockworkmod:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...rkmod-recovery/

5. Booted with into ClockworkMod, backed up, wiped data, wiped cache.

6. Selected Mount in ClockworkMod, and selected USB, copied on alpha3-update-modacocustomrom-blade-kitchen-unsigned.zip, onto the sd card, renamed it to update.zip

7. Selected the update.zip option in ClockworkMod.

8. Rebooted to nice new phone.

Good work!

Guest netdudeuk

I suspect that the phones boots up with the MoDaCo pic. Is there a way for it to boot up just like an unmodded phone, with the green android logo ?

Thanks