[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Exit Strategy
Unlock the phone link in the stickies

I have already unlocked the phone and tried putting another SIM in but it doesn't ask for a code or anything. The service still seems to work it just displays this on the lock screen.

Guest AlphaVision

I was wondering should the google voice work also when you are offfline, or you should always have internet connection for it. I always get No Connection or Connection error message when trying to dictate an SMS.

Guest Pelemane

Looks nice, runs smooth and awesome bencmark results (950+) :)

but everytime it goes to sleep the screen freezes and i have to take battery out :D

and camera doesnt work

and if i change language to finnish only half of the texts are finnish and half are english ;)

I wiped and did everything many times and correctly but it just freezes ;) i have finnish zte blade with TFT and 5mp cam

Any ideas what causes freezing?

maybe i just have to use the Finnish Fillyjonk but it sucks that i paid ad free to bake this and it doesnt work :(

i tried alpha3 prebake too but it does the same thing..

I have just download a bake with A2SD+ and have my SD card partitioned appropriately. Yet when I try to do "a2sd check" at the terminal emulator the response I get is that a2sd does not exit. Any ideas?

Guest Frankish
I have just download a bake with A2SD+ and have my SD card partitioned appropriately. Yet when I try to do "a2sd check" at the terminal emulator the response I get is that a2sd does not exit. Any ideas?

Maybe you are used to using the Darktremors a2sd where this command works. It does not with this version it is one simple script. Download Titanium backup or Quick system info. A2sd is clearly working as you can see in these programs.

Guest bagatov

Installed alpha 4 three days ago and everything has worked perfect until today; have had 6 screen lockups where the digitizer stops working after sleep in five hours. Have an uk san fran with the zte lock screen. Havent installed anything today or changed anything.

Guess it's back to 2.1

Maybe you are used to using the Darktremors a2sd where this command works. It does not with this version it is one simple script. Download Titanium backup or Quick system info. A2sd is clearly working as you can see in these programs.

Frankish,

You are absolutely spot on! I completely forgot that this was not the old a2sd. Many thanks for your help with this.

Guest beerglass007

Hi all

Is it common for the home screen to lock and you can't unlock ?

I had a phone call come in today and couldn't answer it because the touch screen seemed locked or dead. I ended up removing the battery to unlock the phone from the hung state

Many Thanks

Guest Treacles
Hi all

I had a phone call come in today and couldn't answer it because the touch screen seemed locked or dead. I ended up removing the battery to unlock the phone from the hung state

Many Thanks

This happened to me once on the FLB G2 ROM once or twice as well, dont know about MCFR though as im waiting for R4 to be pre-baked and released

Anyone know when this might be happening?

Guest Pelemane
This happened to me once on the FLB G2 ROM once or twice as well, dont know about MCFR though as im waiting for R4 to be pre-baked and released

Anyone know when this might be happening?

It happened to me almost everytime when i left phone alone for a while :) but when it was connected to computer it didnt do that ;)

Guest Lord_Snake

Hi to all,

this is my first post on MoDaCo... to start, please appologise my english level but its not my maternal language.

I'm beggining on the android world and I'm loving it... I'm using at this moment the alpha4 and its the best that I've tested.

Bugs that I've noticed (beyond the refered on the firsts posts):

- Using the NoLED application - wich is so cool! - if I got a missed call/new e-mail/new sms/etc, I can't unlock the phone with the power button. It has to be on the home;

- The lockscreen isn't very fluid - yeah, its better than the stock one because it starts on loop... It was very nice if that bug could be fixed, because the stock lockscreen its super fast;

- The sound level on max its much lower than in other ROMs. Sometimes its hard for me to ear the other person on the calls (I don't like to have the phone to near my ears).

Hope this could be fixed on a new comming release...

As the rest, the ROM is very nice...

I just waiting for this fixes and on the future an updated kernel of this...

Thanks and Keep the good work!!

Edited by Lord_Snake

Guest bugeyes
Hi to all,

this is my first post on MoDaCo... to start, please appologise my english level but its not my maternal language.

I'm beggining on the android world and I'm loving it... I'm using at this moment the alpha4 and its the best that I've tested.

Bugs that I've noticed (beyond the refered on the firsts posts):

- Using the NoLED application - wich is so cool! - if I got a missed call/new e-mail/new sms/etc, I can't unlock the phone with the power button. It has to be on the home;

- The lockscreen isn't very fluid - yeah, its better than the stock one because it starts on loop... It was very nice if that bug could be fixed, because the stock lockscreen its super fast;

- The sound level on max its much lower than in other ROMs. Sometimes its hard for me to ear the other person on the calls (I don't like to have the phone to near my ears).

Hope this could be fixed on a new comming release...

As the rest, the ROM is very nice...

I just waiting for this fixes and on the future an updated kernel of this...

Thanks and Keep the good work!!

your English is better than a lot of English speakers, i wouldn't worry about that!

It happened to me almost everytime when i left phone alone for a while :) but when it was connected to computer it didnt do that ;)

That is happening (probably) to ALL TFT-Blades, atleast Saunalahti ones.

The issue is not, unfortunately, limited to TFT Blades only. I used to have these lock-ups on one of the OLED blades (and that was on 2.1 so I guess that it is not strictly Froyo problem), but with the second one, everything seems to be OK so far on Alpha 4.

However, it seems to me that this is either a driver issue or hardware problem (which I hope it is not). I really do hope that some of our great Android-and-Blade magicians will make some trick to remedy this problem :)

Guest bagatov
The issue is not, unfortunately, limited to TFT Blades only. I used to have these lock-ups on one of the OLED blades (and that was on 2.1 so I guess that it is not strictly Froyo problem), but with the second one, everything seems to be OK so far on Alpha 4.

However, it seems to me that this is either a driver issue or hardware problem (which I hope it is not). I really do hope that some of our great Android-and-Blade magicians will make some trick to remedy this problem :)

I wonder if it could be related to some sort of overheating. I believe I've noticed a pattern where my UK Blade seems more likely to lock-up when it is in the inside pocket of my jacket/blazer (and the phone seems rather warm afterwards). However that is not always the case, so I can't really verify it. Since I had so many lock-ups yesterday in a timespan of five hours, I'm gonna try and not put my phone today in any pocket, neither trousers or jacket.

Most likely, it has nothing to do with overheating, since it never does so on 2.1 - unless the 2.2 version are more "demanding" for some reason when they go into sleep mode...

Trying to figure this one out, but it is not easy.

Edited by bagatov

Hi all

Many Thanks

Yes, I've had Alpha 4 since it became available and I've just had my first lockup. I was just listening to music with headphones for my morning commute and by the time I got in the office and took the headphones off the touchscreen wouldn't respond.

I wonder if this is something to do with losing / reclaiming network? This seems to be a case when people are in the process of receiving calls from idle (mine is just soon after I got off the tube.)

It's very strange for a touchscreen phone to stop responding.

but everytime it goes to sleep the screen freezes and i have to take battery out :)

99% of the time when this happens its because you have noled installed and don't know what it is or how it works.

When you get a call or text message see if you get a coloured square on your screen before you press any buttons,

if you do your using noled, press the menu button and see what happens.

I've only ever had it lock and had to take the battery out, until someone told me it was noled

When the phone locks next time press the MENU button not the power button and you should get the unlock screen

Edited by Lew247

99% of the time when this happens its because you have noled installed and don't know what it is or how it works.

When you get a call or text message see if you get a coloured square on your screen before you press any buttons,

if you do your using noled, press the menu button and see what happens.

I've only ever had it lock and had to take the battery out, until someone told me it was noled

When the phone locks next time press the MENU button not the power button and you should get the unlock screen

I've had it when I've never even had NoLed installed, I've had it probably a dozen times now, never on Paul's 2.2, and I don't think ever on 2.1. My brother's had it on the stock rom though as well, without NoLed installed either.

Guest Olly232

I bought a Nokia charger that has a micro USB connector and when I tried it the screen became unresponsive. When unplugged it came back to life. So I'm wondering if there can be any connection with power usage which causes the screen problem.

I just installed setCPU and upped min speed to 320MHz. Hopefully, I won't get any freeze anymore.

Been using Alpha 4 for a week or so now so just wanted to report two persistent bugs that no-one else has mentioned yet. Hopefully just me but would appreciate if anyone else can check these;

In "Task Manager" if I tap the "Resources" tab at the top the application gives a fatal error and closes.

In the normal email app, if I open an email, then press menu->forward the app gives a fatal error and closes.

Cheers.

Guest targetbsp

This is a limitation of the NoLed app itself rather than the rom.