[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest swoopsta
You are in Ad Free group, so you can choose the "Test Options / Stock Froyo Lockscreen" option in the ROM bakery at the bottom in the second post of this thread.

Ok, is that the only option - reflash ?

PS sorted out the USB issue by hacking the android_winusb.inf with the new device ID

All,

I tried A4 on my OLED/3MP SF and I am really stoked. Some parts are not fully localized esp. SMS/MMS is completely in English, most other parts of the system are running fine w/ German language. Same to standard launcher, it's also in English.

Any chance to change/add the German support?

I hope we all get a Christmas gift --> A5/B1 ;-)

@Paul: Thanks for your good work!

Thx,

alpinestars

In the gingerbread themes (maybe other ones) there is a fix for the coarse location

I was loolking for this , looks like frankish has put this in as it appears to be in framework (read the the thread). Anyway if you install the theme on r3 , coarse location should work

Just decided to give this a try. Looks good. Paul thanks for making this available.

One issue/remark until now.

On the screen before unlocking it says (No Service) even though the signal strenght indicator gives a strength and I can make and receive calls.

Anyone an idea how to fix this?

(btw the signal strength indicator itself does not seem too solid either. Without moving the phone I see quite some differences (including no bars)

Frans

I don't want to put any pressure on Paul, but has he lost interest in this ROM or something?

Maybe he thinks it's a lost cause with the possible official release of 2.2 for the Blade coming any day now?

It's just that it's not progressed any further than alpha4 for some days now.

Any news Paul? We'd love you to progress it.

Merry Christmas :)

Guest Maringer

We know the Chinese/Japanese Blades with Froyo are reportedly going to be available during the next week so I think it is quite understandable that development of this particular Alpha has come to a halt, especially when you consider the time of the year.

Hopefully Paul (and others) will be nice and fresh, ready to work on the final released version of Froyo! Fingers-crossed that the screen freeze problem will be rectified in the released ROM as this is the only thing stopping me moving to Froyo at present.

Guest Stryke69

I'm sorry if my question is already answered in the last 95 (!!!) pages, but I have a little odd behaviour when shutting down the SF, it gives a short vibrate. Does anyone have a solution for that? I'm on r3.

I'm sorry if my question is already answered in the last 95 (!!!) pages, but I have a little odd behaviour when shutting down the SF, it gives a short vibrate. Does anyone have a solution for that? I'm on r3.

I guess all the phones do that. Mine does.

Guest hetticom

Hey everyone,

I just flashed this image to my phone and it seems to work quite well. At first, I installed the update for the android market. But could anyone tell me, why every(!) download in the market fails? Using the browser does work and I've got a HSDPA connection (provider Vodafone DE). APN is set correctly.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance,

Christian

Guest rufree2talk

I kid you not Mr. P, but this is unarguably the best ROM out there... even better than some of the 2.1 versions... I have loaded it onto my Switzerland ZTE Blade and it works so so nicely... I am in the process of loading up my Paypal account via bank transfer and will go Ad Free soon...

everything works as expected, wifi fix too... Superuser was "not repsonding", so all I did was update the application from the Market and it worked too... A-GPS was not included but a quick search rectified that too...

the lockscreen looks awesome and much better than the tired stock look... just that when every other animation on the device seems to work smooth, the pendulum motion of the lockscreen needle seems a bit jagged around the edges... that is honestly all that I have in terms of negative feedback... rest everything works fine...

Guest jonas_football
I kid you not Mr. P, but this is unarguably the best ROM out there... even better than some of the 2.1 versions... I have loaded it onto my Switzerland ZTE Blade and it works so so nicely... I am in the process of loading up my Paypal account via bank transfer and will go Ad Free soon...

everything works as expected, wifi fix too... Superuser was "not repsonding", so all I did was update the application from the Market and it worked too... A-GPS was not included but a quick search rectified that too...

the lockscreen looks awesome and much better than the tired stock look... just that when every other animation on the device seems to work smooth, the pendulum motion of the lockscreen needle seems a bit jagged around the edges... that is honestly all that I have in terms of negative feedback... rest everything works fine...

i also find the rom very good and smooth!!!

however am disturbed by the lock screen! its quite jerky and sometimes takes a few tries to unlock.

i would like to put back the stock lockscreen...is that possible?

other than that, really good work on the rom :)

i would like to put back the stock lockscreen...is that possible?

You need an Ad-Free Modaco account, then it's an option in the kitchen. If I'm honest though I REALLY recommended it, doesnt cost a lot and the kitchen is a godsend.

Guest Frankish
I was loolking for this , looks like frankish has put this in as it appears to be in framework (read the the thread). Anyway if you install the theme on r3 , coarse location should work

Yeah its only a string in framework and my theme thread even had the stock theme but with location fixed. :-)

Guest Totyasrác
You need an Ad-Free Modaco account, then it's an option in the kitchen. If I'm honest though I REALLY recommended it, doesnt cost a lot and the kitchen is a godsend.

Also - when it comes to the SanFran if any place is worth supporting (I mean with a couple of bucks not just talkin' about it) it is MoDaCo community.

:)

Guest Paul Stemmer

Please help!

I'm using clockworkmod 2.5.1.3 with sd card partitioning 512/0. I used wipe, factory reset and clear dalvik cache.

I jinstalled the alpha4 with use hardware acceleration, a2sd and a2sd+.

The system boots up but I can't install apps from the market (for example adfree, quick system info or fancy widget). Every time the system reboots.

What's the problem? I tried nearly everything :-((((

Guest dragon2611
Please help!

I'm using clockworkmod 2.5.1.3 with sd card partitioning 512/0. I used wipe, factory reset and clear dalvik cache.

The system boots up but I can't install apps from the market (for example adfree, quick system info or fancy widget). Every time the system reboots.

Must be something to do with A2SD? I cooked without A2SD and my market works fine.

Also not sure if you're supposed to install both A2SD and A2SD+ isn't it one or the other?

Guest Paul Stemmer
Please help!

The solution for me (but not for every app):

The clockworkmod sd card partioning creates an ext3. I need (or the alpha4 needs) an ext2 partition. So I create the partition with gparted.

AND HERE IS MY FINAL SOLUTION:

- Clockwork 2.5.1.3 with ext2 partition via gparted

- alpha4 kitchen with ONLY A2SD (and not a2sd+)

=> EVERYTHING IS OK!!

Thanks Paul!

Edited by Paul Stemmer