[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest peter0118
ZTE Dialer FCs with mine also :)

I really like it a lot - hope to see some solution (preferably without reinstalling ;)). Did wipe, of course.

(Hello. Magyar vagyok, használd a phone alkalmazást, a programmenüben)

Guest Totyasrác
(Hello. Magyar vagyok, használd a phone alkalmazást, a programmenüben)

(Nekem a ZTE Dialer KELL ;) Addig persze a másikat használom, de hiányzik...)

Guest t0mm13b

How do you reset the screen-lock back to default instead, I swipe the lock from left to right, I don't like the menu key acting as a unlocker....can this be reset...?

Did not realize my error when I picked the rom from the kitchen....

sheesh, Paul, you sure do know how to put together this kick-ass rom!!! Cheers!!! ;) :) :D

Edited by t0mm13b

Just noticed that AAC audio files can't be played in R7 - "Sorry. The player does not support this type of audio file." This does work fine in kallt_kaffe's Japanese Jellyfish RLS7, and also worked fine in Eclair.

Apart from that, this is a great ROM. I'm particularly pleased that Bluetooth Voice Dialing works a treat - something I couldn't achieve with JJ7.

How do you reset the screen-lock back to default instead, I swipe the lock from left to right, I don't like the menu key acting as a unlocker....can this be reset...? ;)

Yeah I would like to know this too please. Bit concerned it will unlock itself in my pocket as all you have to do it press the menu key twice.

Guest t0mm13b
Yeah I would like to know this too please. Bit concerned it will unlock itself in my pocket as all you have to do it press the menu key twice.

My fault - uncheck "Enable menu key unlock installed to /system partition * This option allows the menu key to be used to unlock the device." that when baking the rom!!! ;)

Guest Amarielle

Ok update on the dialer issue. Although calls can be received, it will not show the contact's name. I assume this is related to the FC on the dialer. Kind of a big issue now ;)

My fault - uncheck "Enable menu key unlock installed to /system partition * This option allows the menu key to be used to unlock the device." that when baking the rom!!! :)

Yeah well I'm not on Ad Free ;)

Installed R8 now and did a wipe of everything. Cant find the calculator even tough I ticked the box in the kitchen. And when I enter a thread in handcent and then exits with the back key I get a force close on handcent.

Guest yeawhatever

Guys you can make and recieve calls.... you just have to set the working dialler to be the default..... However I have just tried this and when you ring, it doesnt display name of person ringing, just the number. This was an issue which flib had, and posted a replacement file to flash via recovery. Will do a nandroid and then test and report back

Guest nedian05
Guys you can make and recieve calls.... you just have to set the working dialler to be the default..... However I have just tried this and when you ring, it doesnt display name of person ringing, just the number. This was an issue which flib had, and posted a replacement file to flash via recovery. Will do a nandroid and then test and report back

i also have same problem. No name only number.

WiFi HASN'T been fixed in r7 or r8 either. However, Sebs Froyo build does fix it... interestingly. With the "Wifi fix" wpa_supplicant.

Same for me after some more testing. I guess I'll change to Seb's rom.

@Paul Is your release so different to flibs that my themes would need porting to your newer version? Basically framework-res.apk and services.jar...have you made changes to these?

Yes, and you need to make sure you re-sign framework-res with the platform cert.

Also, the framework-res is different depending on whether you bake in menu key unlock too...

A gingerbread theme would just cap this off tho... :)

P

;) Hmm I flashed r8 (haptics back) but I had previously on r7 flashed BlueGingerBread FLB G2 r6 in your themes thread (nice by the way...) then made a few mods to it and flashed it again on r8 and seems to be working fine.....

Guest Frankish

My first theme specifically made for R8...

Gingerbread Theme

screenshot36.pngscreenshot39a.png

Download Gingerbread Theme

Please note if you use themes made for other roms they may work but they will break Nandroid restoring. This theme can be used on a rom Nandroid backup, it can be applied to existing rom or even added to rom zip before boot.

Guest yeawhatever

Humm bit tricker than I figured... got the required file I need to replace in system/app from flib

was a case of cp using terminal.... that wasnt installed, so ripped it from another rom.

but now getting error "cant copy, file exists"....seem to remember paul saying system is RO now.....

whats best way, clockwork ???

Hopefully Paul has been watching and will release an r8a or something with the minor fixes needed

Apart from the small niggles like contacts not showing when you receive a call it's a great rom