[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Solved the problem with handcent crashing, the standard messaging app crashed to. So I tried to wipe the data for sms/mms and the reboot and after that it seams to work. So I guess that the titanium backup data that I restored from the sms/mms log from r4 dident work in 2.2 android.

New, weirder issue.

Contact sync works.... But it wont merge contacts. I have 3 contacts with identical names, one from Google, one from Facebook and one from Twitter. Same on every contact O.o

Guest SniperZoz

@Paul

Wow - things are moving faaast .... r8, r9 ... r11!

Question - way ago (3 days ago!) i installed r8 .... and did the SQL fix thingy. Can I go ahead and install r11? Maybe with a cache & data wipe? Or do I have to anyway reverse the procedure - if so can you point me to how to do that (I can probably deduce it on my own cos' i know sql - but better sure).

Cheers!

Also - r12 coming soon ;) ?

Guest whatcolour

This rom is nearly perfect at it stands! Don't use fb and wifi does reconnect.

Only two very MINOR issues (that can well be ignored):

- Calendar widget still mdpi, that is under the "Choose widget" screen

- Chinese bookmarks

Is r11 is available for Premium Members only? Or how to make kitchen show download button?

Or Ad Free. Dead cheap, worth every penny ;)

Unrelated but has noone got any ideas about why contacts from different accounts wont merge?

Guest KasioPC
Or Ad Free. Dead cheap, worth every penny ;)

Unrelated but has noone got any ideas about why contacts from different accounts wont merge?

Android doesn't really know which contacts are the same. You could have two contacts with the same name from different accounts, you wouldn't want them merged.

Possibly not rom related but can't get the battery mod in the UOT kitchen, it comes up with loads of errors tried 3 times now

Seems to be something to do with not being able to open png's

Guest extremedigital

Looks good so far....

However Titanium Backup crashing on Root request a reinstal sorted that....

Also same problem as usual Facebook sync will not merge my existing contacts i will try baking with stock contacts instead of ZTE smart version to see if sync will merge...

If you select sync All then all Facebook contacts are added however it still doesn't merge any ??

Otherwise this is one solid rom, thanks Paul

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Everything was working fine (r11) but first reboot...and Launcher Pro is crashing constantly. Can I adb uninstall it whilst it's in it's crash/restart cycle?

Odd, I don't have this at all, wiped?

oh dont wanna wipe and setup the whole phone again ;)

if there is no other way okay, but i hope there will be another way (and if its only to delete all contact data *g*)

and another question: i thought it was due to the new update, but im missing the "Vibration only" Mode in these Options:

post-808972-1295375774_thumb.png

Edited by hacki

Guest bluesnow
Not sure but I think the kernel defaulting to "performance" mode may have affected sleep.

Was this changed since r8 because wlan sleep policy set to never was working for me

Guest Frankish
Possibly not rom related but can't get the battery mod in the UOT kitchen, it comes up with loads of errors tried 3 times now

Seems to be something to do with not being able to open png's

Probably my dirty method of themeing. You would have to build a theme up from stock framework if you wanted to add circle battery.

Guest Donkey Oaty

Is there a problem with the google geolocation? Since upgrading from r10 to r11 beautiful widgets weather can't decode my location.

Google maps is finding my position via 3G and wifi ok

Is there a problem with the google geolocation? Since upgrading from r10 to r11 beautiful widgets weather can't decode my location.

Google maps is finding my position via 3G and wifi ok

If GMaps can do it, anything should be able to do it, they all work the same way.

Sounds like a BW back end issue.

P

Guest DarkCounter

Hmmm, great thx for r11, just flashed and everything seems to be smooth and nice ;). Only thing I experienced is a bit strange: I baked r11 with the stock dialer and have all contacts from my google account (as expected) plus all contacts from my SIM-card. In all other ROMs I had the option to deselect the SIM contacts - in r11 I don't see this option. Am I missing something?

post-786976-1295376686_thumb.jpg post-786976-1295376692_thumb.jpg

Edited by DarkCounter