DOA

Guest Wizard

So I got two Vegas off DHL yesterday, one works fine, but the second one won't switch on. When the power is plugged in, the blue LED flashed, but after a few mins went solid, so I figure it's fully charged. But I can press that power button as much or for as long as I like, nothing happens. After 1.5hrs of battling with DSG stupidity and inefficiency I've managed to arrange a swap when the new stock comes in, but thought I'd mention I had a DOA. The QA doesn't seem too good as I think I saw at least one other DOA mentioned on Twitter.

If you need to return one or swap it out, don't call TheTechGuys for tech support, totally useless, barely heard of it. One of them actually suggested I try turning it off and back on again lol. Also don't bother with the sales people, they can't help either. To handle returns etc you must call the customer service team, only they can action swaps.

Rather than sit here like a lemon from 9am to 5pm for the courier to come to collect I've arranged to drop the device at a local store, and DHL are going there. I think you can only take them to the store if it has been prearranged with the CS team.

What an appalling waste of time and a bad experience, but I keep reminding myself it's a 10" tablet for £250, and the one I have that works is running like a dream. My slug of a Win7 netbook will be going straight on eBay, bye bye!

Guest Qwertymon
So I got two Vegas off DHL yesterday, one works fine, but the second one won't switch on. When the power is plugged in, the blue LED flashed, but after a few mins went solid, so I figure it's fully charged. But I can press that power button as much or for as long as I like, nothing happens. After 1.5hrs of battling with DSG stupidity and inefficiency I've managed to arrange a swap when the new stock comes in, but thought I'd mention I had a DOA. The QA doesn't seem too good as I think I saw at least one other DOA mentioned on Twitter.

If you need to return one or swap it out, don't call TheTechGuys for tech support, totally useless, barely heard of it. One of them actually suggested I try turning it off and back on again lol. Also don't bother with the sales people, they can't help either. To handle returns etc you must call the customer service team, only they can action swaps.

Rather than sit here like a lemon from 9am to 5pm for the courier to come to collect I've arranged to drop the device at a local store, and DHL are going there. I think you can only take them to the store if it has been prearranged with the CS team.

What an appalling waste of time and a bad experience, but I keep reminding myself it's a 10" tablet for £250, and the one I have that works is running like a dream. My slug of a Win7 netbook will be going straight on eBay, bye bye!

If you can speak to a staff member that knows what they are doing, hopfully one of the techguys, they can tell customer service for you over the phone (they will have to ring them first not you) that they have tested/can vouch for the issue. IM just hoping other stores techguys are as competent as ours.

Also if they cant arrange a swap (I know they should be able to), you can ask for them to repair the device, but thats up to 28 days :/ ans far from a good service, but the lack of stock may mean that they just cant swap. Im glad to see you got through to CS and got a exchange though ;).

There will always be faulty goods with electronics, its not something thats just going to go away unfortunately.

How did you get hold of the CS team?... im still trying to arrange to get mine sent back for being DOA.

Originally was suppost to be collected on monday, but the dhl driver wouldnt take it because it didnt have a label on it (because i hadnt been told i had to have one)

Guest Qwertymon
How did you get hold of the CS team?... im still trying to arrange to get mine sent back for being DOA.

Originally was suppost to be collected on monday, but the dhl driver wouldnt take it because it didnt have a label on it (because i hadnt been told i had to have one)

08445610000 should take you through to them, you can just ask to be put through to them as well.

They are all the same people just the numbers you ring/numbers you choose give them different actions on interacting with you.