[ROM] [eclair] Finnish Fillyjonk RLS5 [2011-01-05]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Len Ash
Simple sensible reason actually -- one goes to the full contact list, the other to starred favourite contacts ... :)

Oh - not sure which one I "binned" then.... but everything AOK. Lucky.

Guest theInquisitor
Its only the French operator that left out that option afaik.

Look for "Mobile Network" (rather than Mobile Data) under Wireless and Network Settings ...

I just checked my own device and I don't have any menu item which allows disabling data. Also I installed APNdroid and the "APN on/off widget" - both do not have any effect if I try to disable data over the cell network. So I can't disable data under Fillyjonk RLS2.

Changing the APN to an non-existant one doesn't help me either because my carrier (o2 Germany) accepts any APN - even "2girls1cup"!

Guest johannes140
I just checked my own device and I don't have any menu item which allows disabling data. Also I installed APNdroid and the "APN on/off widget" - both do not have any effect if I try to disable data over the cell network. So I can't disable data under Fillyjonk RLS2.

Changing the APN to an non-existant one doesn't help me either because my carrier (o2 Germany) accepts any APN - even "2girls1cup"!

Hmm, for me APNdroid works fine (on T-Mobile DE), even though i also don't have the android-native option to disable data connections.

Guest Kthulhu
I've been working on a ROM based on the same Finish ROM, and my beta tester team (hello) had discoverd that on a new OUK TFT screen device, the camera will not auto focus...

Camera auto focus fine here - TFT screen

Changing to the Hungarian /system/lib/hw/sensors.default.so has fixed the compass.

It is now sane in Compass, Maps/StreetView/CompassMode and Sky Map.

Hey-hey!

Great! :) Hope this would be included in a new release.

Guest theInquisitor
Hmm, for me APNdroid works fine (on T-Mobile DE), even though i also don't have the android-native option to disable data connections.

I found, that the option to disable data is not under "Mobile networks", but there is an (misleadingly named) option called "Mobile Network" already in "Wireless & network settings".

However there's a bug:

If I uncheck "Mobile Network" the item is greyed out for a moment and it says "Turning on...". Then after a couple of seconds it says "Connected" and it actually does establish a data connection allthough the option is unchecked.

I've reproduced this bug several times even after rebooting and wiping the phone. So you definitely can't turn off data with Fillyjonk RLS2.

Also "APNDroid" and the "APN on/off widget" do not take effect.

Perhaps the option to switch off data usage while roaming could be affected by this issue, too.

Edited by theInquisitor

Guest johannes140

I discovered two issues today:

- the autofocus only works so-so, but when i try to capture text, i see that the focus is way out of place. the camera tries to focus, but it over/under-focuses. this issue isn't present on the stock rom.

- each time after boot the same notification in the notification area pops up, mentioning "sd card mounting" and "sd card has already been mounted".

beside those two flaws the rom works fine. thanks for your work, kallt_kaffe!

Guest Len Ash

WiFi still not robust. With the lite version, no WiFi fix running, the phone still only re-establishes the WiFi link about 5 times from sleep before losing the ability to do so unless the WiFi power widget is cycled off/on... bummer.

And the UI is rather slow and jerky (compared with the BladeVillain ROM) - not sure if this a function of no HW acceleration, or using the stock Launcher... or something else...

Edited by Len Ash

Guest markusj

In the last few days my phone became painfully slow.

Hw & battery & 672 MHz overclocking was enabled.

I reflashed it, everything is quick again.

Hw and overclocking doesn't match :)

Guest gameSTICKER
WiFi still not robust. With the lite version, no WiFi fix running, the phone still only re-establishes the WiFi link about 5 times from sleep before losing the ability to do so unless the WiFi power widget is cycled off/on... bummer.

And the UI is rather slow and jerky (compared with the BladeVillain ROM) - not sure if this a function of no HW acceleration, or using the stock Launcher... or something else...

I had the same issue, and then I install the recompiled drivers from this ROM. Check the bottom of first post, there are drivers for eclair. Fixed the wifi issue for me.

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-san-francisco/

Guest kallt_kaffe
I discovered two issues today:

- the autofocus only works so-so, but when i try to capture text, i see that the focus is way out of place. the camera tries to focus, but it over/under-focuses. this issue isn't present on the stock rom.

Does flashing the stock kernel fix this problem? It's very possible that the camera driver in the released source is not identical to what they are using in the stock kernel.

- each time after boot the same notification in the notification area pops up, mentioning "sd card mounting" and "sd card has already been mounted".

That problem I've had with any 2.1 ROM I've tried on my phone. Do you know a stock ROM where it does not happen? If so, then give me a link and I'll start looking for differences.

Guest kallt_kaffe

Here's something for the brave...

It's a boot.img with a kernel were I've changed the SLEEP settings to match the 2.6.29 kernel config for my Huawei U8100 that shares the same Wifi chipset as the blade but does not experience the infamous blade wifi sleep issues.

To use this you need to now what you are doing and install it in either of these two ways:

Method 1

- Replace boot.img in original installation archive

- Delete system/app/BladeWifiFix.apk in the same archive

- Reinstall

Method 2

- Use adb to remove the BladeWifiFix.apk

Example:

# rwsys

# rm /system/app/BladeWifiFix.apk

# reboot bootloader

- Then flash then new boot.img:

fastboot.exe flash boot boot.img

fastboot.exe reboot

What I want to know is:

1. Does it fix the Wifi issue?

2. Does it make battery life go down the drain

3. Any other change? Good or bad?

(Please ignore that it says RLS3 when booting, it's not release 3, I've just prepared the boot logo for the next release)

EDIT: Nevermind, just got a failed to connect on a wakeup from sleep so it seems it changed nothing. :)

boot.zip

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest Arr Too

Perhaps a more positive result here (so far): I left it off for more than an hour with Wordfeud's notifications on (which is usually a reliable way to trigger the bug) and it woke up and connected fine. Battery stats were: Cell standby 59%, Wi-Fi 20%, Phone idle 18%, Display 2%.

I'll try another long sleep test now in case it's also related to number of times the screen is turned off.

Guest Arr Too

Next test: off for 50mins. Wifi woke up fine! Battery stats changed only in Phone idle slightly up at 19%. Indicated battery condition: 36% (unchanged). Note: I did also replace the system/lib/hw/sensors.default.so with the one from the Hungarian ROM.

I notice that if turned back on quite soon after switching off, the wifi status icon shows that it gets disconnected briefly then reconnected. (And Blade WiFI Fix has definitely been removed!)

Will continue to test. An overnight sleep is often the worst one.

Guest Len Ash
Next test: off for 50mins. Wifi woke up fine! Battery stats changed only in Phone idle slightly up at 19%. Indicated battery condition: 36% (unchanged). Note: I did also replace the system/lib/hw/sensors.default.so with the one from the Hungarian ROM.

I notice that if turned back on quite soon after switching off, the wifi status icon shows that it gets disconnected briefly then reconnected. (And Blade WiFI Fix has definitely been removed!)

Will continue to test. An overnight sleep is often the worst one.

I have the same - no "wifi fix" and the sensor file copied from the Hungarian ROM.

I don't quite get why the Android infrastructure keeps Wifi ON all the time (when enabled) anyway. On my Nokia E63, Wifi only kicks in when I access something that would use it... e.g. internet access or emails. The Wifi flag appears for the duration of the access and disappears a few seconds after access is closed.

EDIT - just had the phone reboot after a phone call.... not happened previously. Weird science.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Arr Too

Third attempt: off for an hour (after some playing with various things). Battery %age stats unchanged, but remaining power down to 31%. Wifi was disconnected when lock screen came on but reconnected successfully after a few moments. Looking good...!

Guest johannes140
Does flashing the stock kernel fix this problem? It's very possible that the camera driver in the released source is not identical to what they are using in the stock kernel.

Will try that tomorrow, am running pauls froyo alpha3 right now. on this rom autofocus seems to work better, although not as good as on stock rom

That problem I've had with any 2.1 ROM I've tried on my phone. Do you know a stock ROM where it does not happen? If so, then give me a link and I'll start looking for differences.

The stock rom for switzerland did not have that bug (link: OCH_P_P729BV1.0.0B01 )

good luck!

Guest Arr Too

Fifth attempt: off for about 1.5 hours. Battery %age stats unchanged (59%/20%/19%/2%), with remaining power down to 20%. Wifi was off and connected fine again. The morning will be a big test.