[ROM] [eclair] Finnish Fillyjonk RLS5 [2011-01-05]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Kthulhu

Intalled Finnish RL2+HW acc. on new SF TFT screen: wifi Ok, gps OK, touchscreen Ok, App2sd OK..I will you let you know if something does not work but so far so good. :)

Edited by Kthulhu

Guest Len Ash
Intalled Finnish RL2+HW acc. on new SF TFT screen: wifi Ok, gps OK, touchscreen Ok, compas OK..I will you let you know if something does not work but so far so good. :)

2 phones? Wow! You like then...

Guest jamin100
2 phones? Wow! You like then...

Ok I have a problem.

I have installed this ROM on a White SanFran with TFT Screen.

All seems to work ok until you try and make a call.

When you make a call the screen goes blank like the proximity sensor has kicked in. BUT the screen stays blank. The call still connects but the only way back to the phone is to pull the battery . .

anyone else have this?

Guest oh!dougal

OLED SF

Kallt_kaffe, thank you for putting this together.

Its nice. Very nice.

But there is a 'but' ... (sorry)

Blade WiFi Fixer seems to be kicking in way too often, way too eagerly.

I think its triggering falsely. I do doubt that the situation actually needs it on almost every wake.

Perhaps the fixer isn't meshing too well with the tweaked wifi driver?

I shall try some zip surgery tomorrow and reflash without the 'fixer'. (Which was much less evident when used with HH2.)

The multitouch demonstrator is fascinating - but - it occasionally shows something Weird when you touch with two fingers and then twist them ... the display shows the wrong twist direction.... :) :) :(

Seems to be when the two contact points' co-ordinates cross over.

When the two points have the same x-co-ordinate, sometimes they swap over their y-co-ordinate.

And likewise they can sometimes swap x's when they have the same y-value.

I would expect this is stock behaviour, but its strange to watch it happening!

And its very clear that the Blade only wants to track at most 2 touches.

ADDED - I now see (from another thread) that this actually has a name "the multitouch swapping issue", and that its well known, to some at least!

And my compass still has a little roll sensitivity. But nothing like with FF1. Probably it was like this when it was stock!

BTW absolutely loving the circular battery indicator. :lol:

And no problem with making and taking calls here.

Edited by oh!dougal

Ok I have a problem.

I have installed this ROM on a White SanFran with TFT Screen.

All seems to work ok until you try and make a call.

When you make a call the screen goes blank like the proximity sensor has kicked in. BUT the screen stays blank. The call still connects but the only way back to the phone is to pull the battery . .

anyone else have this?

I had same kind of issue on screen going off when making call. Screen was waking up as the called person disconnects phone. That kind of behaviour stopped after I stopped using task killer. Now screen won't go blank when making calls. Are you using some task killer?

Guest jamin100
I had same kind of issue on screen going off when making call. Screen was waking up as the called person disconnects phone. That kind of behaviour stopped after I stopped using task killer. Now screen won't go blank when making calls. Are you using some task killer?

I dont think so. It was on a fresh flash of this rom. The only thing i had done was to set up 2 gmail accounts on the phone. I then tried to make a call and was faced with the problem.

Guest oh!dougal
In Quadrant test apps very low scores - 410 (Orange San Francisco Grey Oled)

:)

Welcome to the forum.

Even in a first post, I'd have hoped that you would tell us which stable, production-quality 2.1 rom gives you higher scores?

I'm not actually sure that I know of ANY ...

Edited by oh!dougal

Guest lenin26

Excuse me, I tested it before this android 2.2 Alpha 3 (950 points). I mixed up the tests of different versions (2.1 and 2.2). %)

Very nice ROM.

Who can solve the problem of wake-up button (power) device?

I tried to remapping the keys http://source.android.com/porting/keymaps_...oard_input.html (system / usr / keylayout /), but this does not solve the problem.

Can I make waking up a device from a terminal or a script?

Guest jpdribbler
In Quadrant test apps very low scores - 410 (Orange San Francisco Grey Oled)

I really don't care about Quadrant. ANY other Rom here @ Modaco is slower then this Rom with AND without overclocking (691 MHz) for me. (Angry Birds, Launcher Pro and overall speed are my Benchmarks!) :-D

Any Explanation for the better speed than the 2.2? (Not regarding the Quadrant Scores but the "smoothness")

Edited by jpdribbler

I have a Finnish blade and just installed this. Only wiped the cache, is there any particular reason to wipe the settings etc? Anyway, the compass doesn't work, otherwise seems good.

Guest oh!dougal
I have a Finnish blade and just installed this. ... Anyway, the compass doesn't work, otherwise seems good.

Could a forum reader with a Finnish Blade (running any software) please download Android System Info from the market (its free) and report what it sees as being the Compass and accelerometer sensors? (System tab, then Sensors from the list)

KK has promised a flash-update for the Finnish-version compass.

But if one knew what it showed up as being, the prospect might be there to have the phone auto-select the correct driver.

Guest oh!dougal

Its odd how people get the wrong idea.

This rom is NOT ONLY for Finnish phones, as many seem to believe.

Its the most advanced/developed 2.1 Kernel available for the Blade, bundled up with a splendid set of pre-installed goodies, and STILL leaving well over 100mb of free internal storage on my SF. It has good stuff for those with 256 RAM and A2SD for those who have downloaded the Market.

And it works well with both screens.

It can be overclocked.

And it has the best battery indicator built-in.

And just about every keyboard you could want, built-in.

I think the name puts people off.

"Lapland Express" might be more attractive (and seasonal!)

BTW ... what is a Fillyjonk?

Edited by oh!dougal

Could a forum reader with a Finnish Blade (running any software) please download Android System Info from the market (its free) and report what it sees as being the Compass and accelerometer sensors? (System tab, then Sensors from the list)

KK has promised a flash-update for the Finnish-version compass.

But if one knew what it showed up as being, the prospect might be there to have the phone auto-select the correct driver.

I'm using finnish Blade with stock software. Here's what I got in the sensor list:

AK8973 Compass: 20.0 mA by Asahi Kasei Corp.

AK8973 Compass Raw: 20.0 mA by Asahi Kasei Corp.

Lis302dl: 20.0 mA by Intersil Corp.

AK8973 Magnetic Field: 20.0 mA by Asahi Kasei Corp.

Compass doesn't work right with stock software either. It's 90 degrees off all the time. For example it displays west when facing north. Also with Google Maps street view compass mode left and right have changed places. When I turn phone to left, display turns to right. I wonder if this kind of problems could be fixed somehow in these custom roms?

Guest Sebastian404
I'm using finnish Blade with stock software. Here's what I got in the sensor list:

AK8973 Compass: 20.0 mA by Asahi Kasei Corp.

AK8973 Compass Raw: 20.0 mA by Asahi Kasei Corp.

Lis302dl: 20.0 mA by Intersil Corp.

AK8973 Magnetic Field: 20.0 mA by Asahi Kasei Corp.

Compass doesn't work right with stock software either. It's 90 degrees off all the time. For example it displays west when facing north. Also with Google Maps street view compass mode left and right have changed places. When I turn phone to left, display turns to right. I wonder if this kind of problems could be fixed somehow in these custom roms?

thats the same hardware as in my first gen OUK blade..

have you tried EclipSim's GPS Status?

Guest oh!dougal

Its really strange that BOTH versions of the phone available in Finland (and only that area, so far) should have 'different' compass behaviour.

And yet seemingly the exact same sensors ...

It wouldn't be that they were trying to correct for being so far North would it? (Greater vertical component of the magnetic field... ?) Something different in their hardware setup for those latitudes?

As it is, I really don't think that FF2 "fixes" the compass properly.

For my OLED OSF, the compass and roll sensor are still intertwined.

Using Google Sky Map (one fabulous smartphone demonstration) actually demonstrates the problem ....

As one "looks" higher in the sky, landscape format, phone held at arms length, then raise your hands, and ... the starmap moves at a 45º angle, instead of straight down the screen. Wrong! Didn't do that before! Its much more noticeable in landscape format (so the conventional roll motion, rather than pitch).

Guest oh!dougal
mine is ok

orange version

We are trying to pin down what is strange about the Finnish phone, and how the software differs in addressing the sensors.

The compass in the Orange versions works just fine - except when used with Finnish-derived software, when the compass moves depending on the tilt of the phone.

Guest Sebastian404
Just downloaded and tried. Compass is steadily 90 degrees off. Calibrations doesn't change anything, north displays as west etc.

But it does move around when you move your phone??

I have heard this is a kernel thing, but ... I just went to confirm this using my iPhone4.

At first I was confused as both phones where not pointing north but to my MacBook... having turned that off things where a bit clearer...

OUK ROM (B05) - Agreed with my iPhone4

EFIN ROM (B02) - 90 degrees clockwise of my iPhone4

EFIN ROM (B02) + OUK Kernel - 90 degrees clockwise of my iPhone4.

Interesting....

But it does move around when you move your phone??

I have heard this is a kernel thing, but ... I just went to confirm this using my iPhone4.

At first I was confused as both phones where not pointing north but to my MacBook... having turned that off things where a bit clearer...

OUK ROM (B05) - Agreed with my iPhone4

EFIN ROM (B02) - 90 degrees clockwise of my iPhone4

EFIN ROM (B02) + OUK Kernel - 90 degrees clockwise of my iPhone4.

Interesting....

Yes, you could say that the compass is working and moving correctly. It's just 90 degrees off all the time and thus pointing always at the wrong direction. So I could navigate with it because I know the north is really in the west when looking at the compass. This interesting feature is making Google Sky Map and Google Maps compass mode useless. In both of them turning the phone is actually turning the software in the wrong way. For example, I'm using street view on my location. I'm facing south, and phone is showing exactly same what I can see in real life. When I turn to the left, street view image is turning to the right and I'm actually seeing behind my back :)

Guest oh!dougal
... For example, I'm using street view on my location. I'm facing south, and phone is showing exactly same what I can see in real life.
So the compass error at that point (for StreetView) is not 90 but zero?
When I turn to the left, street view image is turning to the right and I'm actually seeing behind my back :)
So the compass change has got the wrong sign (plus/minus)?

Seems to me like StreetView isn't getting the same orientation data that is coming out to other apps.

Like its using a different api call and getting a different answer, because ZTE have patched it to (try to) correct it at a higher level?

(Didn't Seb find something somewhat like that regarding Browser menu background colours?)

Edited by oh!dougal

System -> Sensors -> Empty field with fillyjonk RLS1