how do I..................

Guest thevoid

Guest thevoid

I've debranded my SF and got it set up with all the apps and so on, I'd like to enable hardware acceleration, I've clockwork recovery sorted and was wondering if I made a backup- explored it on the pc that I could edit it to do this.

is this possible? and if so what file needs editing

thanks

Guest fonix232

To enable HW acceleration (I assume you have 2.1 ROM) go to the Hungarian Hedgehog topic, grab the extras package (what has default Glu games, etc) and copy the hw accel zip to your SD card, then flash it with CWM!

Guest thevoid
To enable HW acceleration (I assume you have 2.1 ROM) go to the Hungarian Hedgehog topic, grab the extras package (what has default Glu games, etc) and copy the hw accel zip to your SD card, then flash it with CWM!

Found that, thanks.

anything to worry about artifact wise?

• 2 weeks later...

Just did that. Nothing happened...

Rockplayer still tells me the device (ZTE Blade) doesn't have hardware acceleration.

Do I need to turn it on somewhere?

• 2 weeks later...
I maybe wrong but isn't the SFs Hardware acceleration just for the UI?

I did that debug.sf.hw=1 change, rebooted and the UI was filled with artifacts so I changed it back to debug.sf.hw=0 and it's back to normal again. Maybe another step is required?