the day has come...

Guest snapz54

Guest snapz54

I'm lovingly gazing at my new droid x while typing this out. BOGO and new every 2 made it so I couldn't say no. I just said screw it, I'll wait forever if I don't just jump. I don't think I need LTE and I'll give it some time to get it's sea legs and down the road I'm sure we'll all be forced to join up.

It feels and looks beautiful, runs like a dream and I haven't even started to tweak it. a lot of fun is in the future.

I'm off to find some of our fallen brethren and regain my place among them, the robot got me. But first...

To AMD, steel, and all the chefs that came and went. You made this phone. it was fumbled and handicapped out of the gate and you did everything you could and more even to give us a taste of the good life. a special thanks to Ninja. My favorite chef and where my loyalty lied, for the majority of my phones life it gladly ran a ninja rom. I will miss your creativity and design skills. I hope to see you amongst the frozen yogurt and gingerbread covered masses soon.

I'm gonna go see how kd is doing...

I'll miss you guys and modaco as an everyday stop on my web map.

-snapz

Welcome to the Green Side....Your assimilation has begun. LOl

The i920 & i910 are (were) great phones but things have changed much over the last two or more years.

I started here at MoDaCo so thats why I have a deep respect for all the "Chefs": as you had stated Snapz54.

I currently using the Fission 2.2.2 Rom by Angdroid so i'm on those sites.

Hope to see you On MDW or XDA.

;) :P

Guest Ninja4Hire

Thanks for the compliments and have fun with your new phone. As life I'm sure everyone will move on eventually just like we moved from the omnia to the omnia 2.

I haven't gotten a new phone yet, but I did pick up a Galaxy tab. The bigger screen is good for reading emails and surfing the internets. I must say I already bricked the thing twice. Good thing it was still within the 30 days, and VZW gave me new ones with no questions asked.

Unfortunately there is a lack of advancement in winmo 6.5 thanks to MS pretty much dumping it and moving on, so I see these threads dying out as more people stay up with technology.

So anyway, try and keep the same usernames people as you move from site to site. This way we can spot our friends as people move on.

;)

Guest jbr05ki

For real. I'm up for an upgrade already but I decided to wait for the newer phones coming out next year. Omnia 2 is still good to me when it doesn't freeze haha.

Guest amdzero
Thanks for the compliments and have fun with your new phone. As life I'm sure everyone will move on eventually just like we moved from the omnia to the omnia 2.

I haven't gotten a new phone yet, but I did pick up a Galaxy tab. The bigger screen is good for reading emails and surfing the internets. I must say I already bricked the thing twice. Good thing it was still within the 30 days, and VZW gave me new ones with no questions asked.

Unfortunately there is a lack of advancement in winmo 6.5 thanks to MS pretty much dumping it and moving on, so I see these threads dying out as more people stay up with technology.

So anyway, try and keep the same usernames people as you move from site to site. This way we can spot our friends as people move on.

;)

Hey Ninja, how did you brick your tab? The Fascinate that I have is freakin AWESOME! I don't even need a computer anymore I can download a new rom and flash right from my living room (after the initial pc connection to root the phone). I can even flash from SD card or download via a 2d bar code. Still with rom manager installed It will actively search for advertized roms for my specific phone and display them for me.

Modding my phone now is an enjoyable experience. Hope you have better luck with your tab bro.

Guest Ninja4Hire
Hey Ninja, how did you brick your tab? The Fascinate that I have is freakin AWESOME! I don't even need a computer anymore I can download a new rom and flash right from my living room (after the initial pc connection to root the phone). I can even flash from SD card or download via a 2d bar code. Still with rom manager installed It will actively search for advertized roms for my specific phone and display them for me.

Modding my phone now is an enjoyable experience. Hope you have better luck with your tab bro.

Tab development is not as far along as other galaxy s devices. The key to me bricking it was flashed back to factory after I messed something up. Unlike winmo, you can't do anything at all unless you stay rooted. I was doing some skinning, and changed a menu bar that would no longer let me open any programs. I ended up flashing back to factory and that screwed me. At the time there was no clockwork so I couldn't root it using adb. The second time I used LCD density changer to make my resolution smaller, but went too small and the tab kept rebooting as soon as it loaded up. I was not in debugging mode and couldn't run any commands in adb.

Guest amdzero
Tab development is not as far along as other galaxy s devices. The key to me bricking it was flashed back to factory after I messed something up. Unlike winmo, you can't do anything at all unless you stay rooted. I was doing some skinning, and changed a menu bar that would no longer let me open any programs. I ended up flashing back to factory and that screwed me. At the time there was no clockwork so I couldn't root it using adb. The second time I used LCD density changer to make my resolution smaller, but went too small and the tab kept rebooting as soon as it loaded up. I was not in debugging mode and couldn't run any commands in adb.

yikes!

man i would love to whip up a rom for my phone, but don't know where to start. Is there another community like this one? I really like MoDaCo.

Guest Ninja4Hire
yikes!

man i would love to whip up a rom for my phone, but don't know where to start. Is there another community like this one? I really like MoDaCo.

Not like this place, that's for sure. XDA is cool, but one issue is that a lot of the stuff on there is designed for non-US branded phones. But yeah there are tons (TONS) of android sites, with scattered information. Unlike this place where all the info is here or linked from here.

As far as cooking; I think once you have a working clockwork or some way to back up your original data ,you are half way there. The packaging and the delivery are things I am not sure about. Edit the design itself is pretty easy, as it's much like winmo. Deodexing files kinda confuses me a bit also, but I don't think it's required. lol I didn't even know "deodexed" was a word a few weeks ago.

Guest snapz54

I feel sad when my x isn't in my hand, the honeymoon is on and it's glorious. I think the hardest part of all of this is what ninja mentioned... the info for android is scattered, the OS is so widespread and actively developed that I feel, at least for now, the semi personal community we get here where we can actually carry on conversations with each other is near impossible and that will be sorely missed.... or sorely deodexed.

I have my eye on the Fascinate too. It is time for my company to buy me a new phone. My reluctance stems from some apps that I don't want to do without, especially GAlarm (I want to wake up to programmable random songs from my library, and love those Omnia 2 speakers), and I also like a reader called YanCEyWare, but i hear there is an android app that will handle the .ybk scriptures and books.

Keep us posted with what you find out, and any threads you start or recommend about customizing the Fascinate.

Sad to see everyone leaving, but technology is moving on.

Not like this place, that's for sure. XDA is cool, but one issue is that a lot of the stuff on there is designed for non-US branded phones. But yeah there are tons (TONS) of android sites, with scattered information. Unlike this place where all the info is here or linked from here.

As far as cooking; I think once you have a working clockwork or some way to back up your original data ,you are half way there. The packaging and the delivery are things I am not sure about. Edit the design itself is pretty easy, as it's much like winmo. Deodexing files kinda confuses me a bit also, but I don't think it's required. lol I didn't even know "deodexed" was a word a few weeks ago.

Gtab has been really opened up. try mydroid world.

:) :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest urphonesux

I pretty much only use my O2 whenever I have

A: left my hype-pad at home

or

B: there is not an available wifi/ethernet connection

The 7 inch M001 tablet i had at first was acquired by trading a guy a motorola q that i had paid 5$ for at a yard sale

That was traded for a Droid 2 on craigslist

That was sold on Ebay because I missed the tablet form factor

At the end of the day the 5$ tablet ended up buying me one of these with some change leftover

flytouch-2-10-2-inch-android-2-1-superpad-with-gps-4efbf.jpg

a flytouch 2 variant with a 10.2 inch screen called the hype pad for 216 from http://www.buyadroid.blogspot.com/

it arrived in like 8 days from hong kong if i remember correctly and on top of all of those connections it even has gps

I've already rooted it, changed the launcher and removed/replaced all of the unneeded apps that came installed by default

I chose buyadroid because the tablet they sell is plagued by none of the issues that the other variants are and the customer service is more than i could wish for

My girl loves it so much that i chose to impulsively buy her a archos 101 for christmas and now i can finally have my tab to myself again :)

Edited by urphonesux

Guest xlightwaverx

Would it be worth creating a droid site? With all the peeps that are on here often possibly having moderator status? I wont have a droid for another 14 months I guess. But once the site is up, and it is being used, we can take all the relevant information and post it onto the new site, google, and whomever will index it over time, and eventually it should be pretty big. Lemme know.

X

Guest amdzero
I have assimilated to the Android World today. Samsung Fascinate it amaze-balls. Thanks to all the chefs that made the Omnia i920 such a good phone.

you need to join the irc channel. Although SF doesn't have Froyo yet, the devs are working on AOSP right now. As soon as samsung comes down with Froyo (and rumor is they are skipping it to bring GingerBread instead) the devs will have a working rom to hack and slash.

irc.FreeNode.net

#samsung-fascinate

Guest Ninja4Hire
I have assimilated to the Android World today. Samsung Fascinate it amaze-balls. Thanks to all the chefs that made the Omnia i920 such a good phone.

LOL "amaze-balls"