[THEMES]For Pauls Froyo release! *Alpha 4 New Gingerbread!*

Guest Frankish

Guest lankyfatrick
Ok all themes updated to support coarse positioning. You will even get coarse positioning on alpha 3 with these themes...even the stock theme.

hero ;)

Guest SWOriginal
Nice work on Gingerbread theme ;) Thanks for doing this.

Just found a little issue

The issue is known and also affects multiple other apps (browser), frankish will most likely fix tomorow

Gingerbread theme is great, just wish some of the highlights would be changed from orange to the android green, like when selecting a wallpaper, or highlighting text or the highlight surround on the browser.

Guest buneech

Regarding the Gingerbread theme, yeah, i'd also like highlights in green, but it's not a necessity. I found out, that the text in the notification bar is black, as is the bar. When you receive a text, you see only the icon, but not who sent it.

Guest Frankish

Regarding the highlights in maps etc i'm on the case now. See if i can find it! Thanks for pointing it out. Didn't have time to fully test as i was up until 2.10am updating these themes lol.

@cobhc As that's the way it is in other themes i assumed it was normal. A lot of highlights are app specific but if everyone would like me to i can set about making the general selection boxes, volume slider color and a few other bits green?

@buneech Ah it's black? Never noticed that. Probably due to the ongoing text in the pulldown having to be black though. Is it a huge deal?

Guest Andy Maclean

Thanks for the gingerbread theme, out of interest how do you recompile changes to the values xml files? Couldn't work out how to do it myself.

Guest Frankish

Apktool to do all work. "apktool b [foldername] [apkname]" that's all i do. Got loads of green highlights but can't find the right value for that popup menu within apps.

Don't really want to upload an update until i find it! ;)

Guest Andy Maclean
Apktool to do all work. "apktool b [foldername] [apkname]" that's all i do. Got loads of green highlights but can't find the right value for that popup menu within apps.

Don't really want to upload an update until i find it! ;)

Hmmm, when I tried that it would just bootloop, I noticed apktool was removing the -4v from the end of the resource directories as well. What version are you using?

Guest fboldog

@Frankish:

two simple fix for the menu items border and expanded menu list:

in the styles.xml

<style name="Theme.IconMenu" parent="@style/Theme">

<item name="horizontalDivider">@drawable/divider_horizontal_bright</item>

<item name="verticalDivider">@drawable/divider_vertical_bright</item>

</style>
to:

<item name="horizontalDivider">@drawable/divider_horizontal_dark</item>

<item name="verticalDivider">@drawable/divider_vertical_dark</item>

</style>
and from:
	<style name="Theme.ExpandedMenu" parent="@style/Theme">

<item name="itemTextAppearance">?textAppearanceLargeInverse</item>

</style>
to:

<item name="itemTextAppearance">?textAppearanceLarge</item>

</style>

Shots from my blade with these fixes:

post-635495-1291897077_thumb.png post-635495-1291897063_thumb.png

Guest AlphaVision
@Frankish:

two simple fix for the menu items border and expanded menu list:

in the styles.xml

<item name="horizontalDivider">@drawable/divider_horizontal_bright</item>

<item name="verticalDivider">@drawable/divider_vertical_bright</item>

</style>
to:

<item name="horizontalDivider">@drawable/divider_horizontal_dark</item>

<item name="verticalDivider">@drawable/divider_vertical_dark</item>

</style>
and from:

<item name="itemTextAppearance">?textAppearanceLargeInverse</item>

</style>
to:

<item name="itemTextAppearance">?textAppearanceLarge</item>

</style>

Shots from my blade with these fixes:

post-635495-1291897077_thumb.png post-635495-1291897063_thumb.png

looks good. how do you edit the .apk files

Guest Frankish

@fboldog Thanks mate you're a godsend i will have a go at fixing mine soon.

@AlphaVision I'm sure he would just use apktool like the rest of us. Or hex editor if he knows the values.

Guest Andy Maclean
@buneech Ah it's black? Never noticed that. Probably due to the ongoing text in the pulldown having to be black though. Is it a huge deal?

If you change line 14 and 15 in res\layout\status_bar.xml from:

<TextView android:textColor="#ff000000" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />

<TextView android:textColor="#ff000000" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
to:
<TextView android:textColor="#ffffffff" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />

<TextView android:textColor="#ffffffff" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />

you can get white ticker text on the status bar and keep your black text when the status bar is expanded.

Guest Frankish

With huge thanks for the community effort i have updated Gingerbread Theme! Updating first post now!

Fixed:

Green highlights for 99% of the images. I've done as much as i can!

Green volume slider. (Bye bye orange)

Fixed maps popup menu text. (Thanks fboldog!)

Fixed status bar ticker text. Now visible! (Thanks for pointing out my mistake Andy Maclean!)

http://www.multiupload.com/E6VH1DT6IJ

With huge thanks for the community effort i have updated Gingerbread Theme! Updating first post now!

Fixed:

Green highlights for 99% of the images. I've done as much as i can!

Green volume slider. (Bye bye orange)

Fixed maps popup menu text. (Thanks fboldog!)

Fixed status bar ticker text. Now visible! (Thanks for pointing out my mistake Andy Maclean!)

http://www.multiupload.com/E6VH1DT6IJ

Great, downloading now. Did you get to change the progress bars to green also? I guess that got changed with the vol slider.

Yeah it's pretty much a generic file progress_horizontal.xml so it should apply to more than just volume.

Yeah, tested with Quadrant. Shame it's not easy to get the highlight for changing wallpaper to be green as well. Must be pretty well hidden within Gallery3D.apk or something.

Edit: Looks great man!

Edit2: I'll look at Gallery3D.apk with APK tool when I get home.

Edited by cobhc

Guest Frankish

Umm yeah that's something i'm not going to get into. I know it completes the theme but on the Desire i made 2 themes and edited multiple .apks and each time they needed updating etc...it got too much. It's bad enough with a framework-res.apk and services.jar. I only got 3 donations in about 6 months too so i gave up on that idea lol.

Umm yeah that's something i'm not going to get into. I know it completes the theme but on the Desire i made 2 themes and edited multiple .apks and each time they needed updating etc...it got too much. It's bad enough with a framework-res.apk and services.jar. I only got 3 donations in about 6 months too so i gave up on that idea lol.

Ah ok man. Just one thing I've noticed, the tickboxes now have a white background, not black.

Guest Frankish

Yeah that's because they are taken from a Desire framework...i'll look at re-drawing the originals with green instead of using Desire ones.

Anything else? lol

Yeah that's because they are taken from a Desire framework...i'll look at re-drawing the originals with green instead of using Desire ones.

Anything else? lol

No lol. I didn't mean to sound like I was moaning about it lol, just wanted to let you know ;).