I wish the Pulse would just stop freezing, what do I do?

Guest fowz

Hi guys,

I've been visiting this section of the Forum for a few months now but have only come to post now for the 1st time as I nearly threw this phone out of the car window today.

I've had this phone for a few months now, and it originally came with 1.5 so I updated in August from the link on the Hungarian site and that was fine. All of a sudden, upto 4 times a day now (then takes a break for 2 days) the whole phone locks ups (lights are but nothing is responding) and I have no option but to take the battery out.

1: I found a post about the memory card possibly being corrupt so I formatted it and put it back in the phone with nothing on the card...it happened again. I bought a new SD Card and the same thing again.

2: I even went a few weeks with NO apps from the marketplace and it still happened.

3: Today I read with interest about the firmware from China appearing and then moving onto one from Venezuala....Am I ok to try this?

4: Finally, this is my first Android phone and as much as I feel that I can follow instructions on how to install a custom rom, this site is absolutly confusing with all the different versions and which one we should be using. I found one page which had instructions on how to start installing a custom rom and I couldn't follow it...as the person who released it got so much flack about what wasn't included made me worried if I was doing the right thing. The post I am referring to is ROM cm6 AIO r3 (based on beta 0.40), Updated on 04/12/2010.

Sorry about this guys, as I really do like the phone and really appreciate the work you all do here, but I'm just trying to find a solution on this flaming freezing issue and if it has helped anyone by installing a different Rom...and if you have WHICH ONE? ;)

I've had this phone for a few months now, and it originally came with 1.5 so I updated in August from the link on the Hungarian site and that was fine. All of a sudden, upto 4 times a day now (then takes a break for 2 days) the whole phone locks ups (lights are but nothing is responding) and I have no option but to take the battery out.

I had only temporarily freezes due to swapping, after disabling swaping it was fine.

BUT If you had freezes on original hungarian 2.1 ROM then the problem could be in hardware.

Revert to original 1.5 (refer to guide) and see if it freezes. If it does - use the warranty.

I had only temporarily freezes due to swapping, after disabling swaping it was fine.

BUT If you had freezes on original hungarian 2.1 ROM then the problem could be in hardware.

Revert to original 1.5 (refer to guide) and see if it freezes. If it does - use the warranty.

Yes I saw the users guide and did start reading it, but will go back again to day to read it again, thanks ;)

Hi Nitko, sorry if this is a silly question but I would like to try that too...how do I disable swapping?

Hi Nitko, sorry if this is a silly question but I would like to try that too...how do I disable swapping?

Depending which rom/mod you have installed. Do you have swap partition at all?

If you do it would generally be something like a2db swappy00 from the terminal.

Reverting to original 1.5 ROM and seeing if it freezes would definately eliminate thw software problem. If original 1.5 ROM freezes - you have hardware problem.

i had that problem too, but since CM6 0.3 (@678mhz) i havent expirienced them anymore.

Hi Elmo108

I've now downgraded to 1.5 and am pleased that I don't have a serious problem as it's been working really well even with heavy use.

I hope it's ok to ask you, (I'm just asking as there are many conflicting pages here for it) do you know where I can download CM6 0.3 and how to install it? The owners guide refers to FLB MOD1 only ?!?!?

Would really appreciate your help with this!!

Guest Elmo108

i guess this thread is what you are searching for :P

twrock linked all the important threads. you can take CM6.1 0.4 from the official thread for CM (link).

just follow the instructions and flash 0.4 instead of 0.3. :P when you are still at Android 1.5, start off with flashing the Android 2.1 UK-Update. you can find it here

hope that helped you ;)