Help! Annoying Owner Info!

Guest Sim Kai Long

Guest Sim Kai Long

Hey guys, I've recently flashed my phone to the one here. I then proceeded to install SPB weather plugin, iPhone Today plugin, S2U2 and a few others.

I'm not sure when it happened, but after a while, after each unlock, I'll get the owner information popping out. This then requires me to press on it once before it disappears and I can then use my phone.

It's very annoying and I'd like to find a way to remove it. Has anyone of you gotten this problem before?

Guest sixreason

I second this, this prob is driving me nuts! Seems no solution atm.

I notice the prob started when I register one of the apps i installed. After that each time unlock O2, owner information popup....any suggestion?

Guest Sim Kai Long
Hi, first post! I have the same problem, just delete \HKCU\ControlPanel\Owner\Owner (Binary data). That solved for me with no secondary effects.

Deleting that would result in some apps not being able to "Register" as they're older apps that require access to your owner info tho.

Guest Behrad WM
Hey guys, I've recently flashed my phone to the one here. I then proceeded to install SPB weather plugin, iPhone Today plugin, S2U2 and a few others.

I'm not sure when it happened, but after a while, after each unlock, I'll get the owner information popping out. This then requires me to press on it once before it disappears and I can then use my phone.

It's very annoying and I'd like to find a way to remove it. Has anyone of you gotten this problem before?

i had this problem once....!

and i did hard-reset and problem solved!

and i never found out what caused this problem

Edited by Behrad WM

• 1 year later...
Guest WoodyNguyen

After few days, I have found the solution to show and/or disable the My Info screen at power up before lockscreen or normal screen show up.

Thanks to this Blog http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=7498413&postID=1731934624225103946

this trick apply to WM6.5.x only

Under Registry key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Owner

Open key [Owner] and [Owner notes] under Binary [ 00 00 00 ..... 00 00 ]

check the last 2nd bit, and

- set to 00 => to disable My Info screen (it is same as set Identification under Option Tab of Owner Information in WM6 or WM6.1)

- set to 01 or 08 in order to show up My Info at startup or power up screen before Lockscreen.