Gingerbread (2.3) for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest AfzalivE
Yeap. The Pulse is the top secret Google phone ;)

someone install quadrant advanced and give some scores man!!!

Edited by AfzalivE

Guest McSpoon

The emulator version of Gingerbread does feel very slow even when running on a reasonably fast PC. Perhaps it has a lot of debug stuff going on behind the scenes. It will be interesting to see how well the AOSP version runs once the source code is released.

ah okay but I'm confused as to why he'd port from the emulator when the sources are here:

I'm not a pro at this but I thought this repo was updated very frequently?

http://android.git.kernel.org/

It may be updated frequently, but code for major releasees is usually not available until at least a few weeks after the SDK and first devices launch. The latest code currently available is 2.2.1.

It lags a lot so I'm guessing it won't brake any records.

There is no device optimisation at the moment and I doubt much can be done without source. I think I will be able to improve the speed a bit, but the real improvements should come when source is available.

Guest flip360

Weeeeeeel, 2.3 on the Pulse :P

And i think that we have the first 2.3 on a phone that never should`ve get 2.1 in the first place!

I dont know what to say except that we have the best dev there is, TOM YOU ROCK!!!

Edit: tried it, sluggish but Gingerbread, hope this gets stable as CM6.1 ;)

Edited by flip360

I updated the first post. A few things are fixed.

The big problem stopping it from being usable is audio and I don't see any real fix for that with what I have available at the moment. Maybe when I get hold of a rom from a real device I can get a bit further with it.

With audio it still would not be a nice experience. It is very slow compared to the froyo based roms.

Edited by Tom G

Guest Simon O

F**k me. I'm impressed by this.

Whoever thought that the T-Mobile Pulse would see Gingerbread running? Pretty amazing stuff so far.

Remind me again... why can't Huawei get Eclair working right when the community have 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3 running?

Whoever thought that the T-Mobile Pulse would see Gingerbread running? Pretty amazing stuff so far.

Remind me again... why can't Huawei get Eclair working right when the community have 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3 running?

I've got it going on the blade as well ;) (but it is very unusable at the moment).

BECAUSE THEY DO NOT KNOW HOW!!!!! JEJEJE ;)

CHEERS TOM G!!!! Your works... just amazing!

Why the H*LL should i buy a new phone when the pulse is capable of running almost every Android OS out there?

Sure, Angry Birds doesn't run as smooth as on a Desire...but I don't have the Pulse to play games on anywayz..(Can't play SC2 on it....yet ;-) )

I've got it going on the blade as well ;) (but it is very unusable at the moment).

Woah! This is some amazing news! Great work, i hope you can take this a lot further on the blade :P

If you dont mind me asking, how hard do you think it will be to get a fully stable version of 2.3 working on the Blade?

Guest Letterbox115

I love you, Tom! :P <3

But my Clockwork hangs itself everytime I try to install :P Anyone tried this with amonra?

Maybe it just can't handle the awesomeness ;)

But my Clockwork hangs itself everytime I try to install :P Anyone tried this with amonra?

Extract the zip and flash the images with fastboot.

Guest Sh4d0w940

Just like your cm6 rom amazing work.

You've changed my mind about buying a new phone ;)

But my Clockwork hangs itself everytime I try to install :lol: Anyone tried this with amonra?

You have to flash it with fastboot, like the first versions of his cyanogenmod port.

Edit: ogiogi was faster :P

Sh4d0w940

Edited by Sh4d0w940