Gingerbread (2.3) for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest Sh4d0w940
不知道你是否看得懂中文,我是不懂英文,我是来自中国安卓网

��一名U8220用户 ,首先我看到 你的贴子是非常的兴奋,但很报谦帮不了你什么,我会非常支持

��的开发.

Tip: http://translate.google.com/?sl=zh-CN&tl=en

Most of us don't speak chinese but do understand the translated text.

我们大多数人不会说中文,但很明白的翻译文本。

Sh4d0w940

Guest DanWilson

badword me gently. I thought this was impossible.

are we the first with it?

Anyway to flash this from the phone? Laptop is out of bounds :-(

I love you Tom. No homo. ;)

不知道你是否看得懂中文,我是不懂英文,我是来自中国安卓网

��一名U8220用户 ,首先我看到 你的贴子是非常的兴奋,但很报谦帮不了你什么,我会非常支持

��的开发.

Translation (translate.google.com) for those who do not speak Chinese:

Do not know if you can read Chinese, I do not speak English, I am from China Andrew Network

A U8220 user, first of all I see your post is very excited, but it is reported to Him can not help you what, I would very much support

Development

Edited by Nielzs

Guest JimJam707

You sure?

>:P

Guest Sh4d0w940

We're not first but certainly fast. And we're also the only one with lowest specs/latest android :P

And you can probably flash it like rommanager does with cw recovery.

In example:

su
flash_image system /sdcard/system.img[/codebox]

from terminal. I haven't tried this though.

[b]Edit: now that I look at this I would certainly not do this, because you're currently using the system partition and it'll probably screw up kinda bad :S[/b]

Sh4d0w940

Edited by Sh4d0w940

Guest DanWilson
You sure?

>:P

Nah. I lied.

We're not first but certainly fast. And we're also the only one with lowest specs/latest android ;)

And you can probably flash it like rommanager does with cw recovery.

In example:

su
flash_image system /sdcard/system.img[/codebox]

from terminal. I haven't tried this though.

[b]Edit: now that I look at this I would certainly not do this, because you're currently using the system partition and it'll probably screw up kinda bad :S[/b]

Sh4d0w940

Anyway to trick clockworks nandroid restore thing? That would work, if we fixed the md5, or if someone. Uploaded one of their nandroids. Please? Minus any personal details. But I'll still factory reset after it, for peace of mind.

Guest maloi125

Tom I do have a not great offer could you in the following assemblies to enter your phone model u8220/u8230/Pulse? because many users use cm6 2.2 on u8230

Guest AntonioPT
Tom I do have a not great offer could you in the following assemblies to enter your phone model u8220/u8230/Pulse? because many users use cm6 2.2 on u8230

I believe you can change it yourself, edit "/system/build.prop".

Guest ahmeds2000x
The emulator version of Gingerbread does feel very slow even when running on a reasonably fast PC. Perhaps it has a lot of debug stuff going on behind the scenes. It will be interesting to see how well the AOSP version runs once the source code is released.

how did you booted it in the emulator I've been trying all morning but i couldn't

i am using ubuntu 10.10

Guest DanWilson

Can someone please post the md5 sums of the images in the. Pack?

I'll be forever grateful. Unless you upload a whole nandroid. Then its love PARTAY tiem.

Guest ahmeds2000x

I'll be forever grateful. Unless you upload a whole nandroid. Then its love PARTAY tiem.

if you mean a nandroid back up of cm6 0.40 then i can upload one?

Guest AntonioPT

A nandroid is just a folder with all the *.img files inside (nandroid.md5 file is optional). So yeah, just download the zip and make your own nandroid ;)

EDIT: You can also make your own nandroid.md5 file by running (Linux/Mac): "md5sum * > nandroid.md5" inside the folder containing the .img files).

Edited by AntonioPT

Guest AntonioPT
can it be done right on the phone?

Thanks in advance

Yes, with Root Explorer. You'd be better off connecting your phone to your PC and doing it from there (adb).

Guest DanWilson
A nandroid is just a folder with all the *.img files inside (nandroid.md5 file is optional). So yeah, just download the zip and make your own nandroid ;)

EDIT: You can also make your own nandroid.md5 file by running (Linux/Mac): "md5sum * > nandroid.md5" inside the folder containing the .img files).

Is the md5 really optional? Wow.

although I have no pc at the moment, hence flashing from the phone. Time to test that anyway.

Guest Epic-Emodude
Well, I've tipped Engadget about our Gingerbread alpha. I hope they include it in their article, bringing the Pulse into the front pages of a top-class gadget blog ;)

Nice, was thinking of doing so myslef.... always wanted my name in the thanx

Guest AntonioPT
Is the md5 really optional? Wow.

although I have no pc at the moment, hence flashing from the phone. Time to test that anyway.

I remember using an Amon RA nandroid backup (Amon_RA's nandroid backups, if I remember, don't include md5) with Clockwork recovery, so it's possible.

Guest JimJam707
is there is anyone who tested it with the emulator?

I have tried gingerbread on the emulator on windows but it was slow :/ Then again the emulator is always slow.

I don't know how to use it on ubuntu though. I'll try and find out since I use ubuntu alot.

Guest AntonioPT
I have tried gingerbread on the emulator on windows but it was slow :/ Then again the emulator is always slow.

I don't know how to use it on ubuntu though. I'll try and find out since I use ubuntu alot.

Download the SDK, cd to "tools", run "./android", go to "Available Packages" -> Android repository -> select "SDK Platform Android 2.3, API 9, revision 1" -> Install selected, wait for it to download (75 MBish) -> Virtual devices -> New -> Target: Android 2.3, Name, e.g., Gingerbread -> Create AVD -> Select what you've created -> Start... -> Launch.

You're done ;)

Guest AntonioPT
:'(

FLIB! YOUR SERVER HATES MY PULSE!!

Any mirrors? Preferably mediafire?

I'll upload a mediafire mirror when I finish downloading from the original link.

Edited by AntonioPT