SIM unlock code algorithm

Guest Arr Too

Guest oiltrader
Good idea -- it now strips out anything but digits, so you can write your IMEI as "12345-12345-12345".

Thats very helpful for the people on this site!

Just out of interest how did you go about working out the algorithm? I don't know anything about coding but I am really interested how you managed it? Trial and error? Can all other phone 'calculators' be worked out with the same amount of effort you used to calculate this one? :)

I'd say reverse engineering. I think you have to have at least two unlock codes and their IMEI to figure out the algorithm. But how you figure it out I have no idea :) software I presume... I do some coding, but not algorithms, so if it's possible I'd like to get my hands on that code to see how it works :)

Guest Flumpster

Arr Too, I've read your comments on trying to crack the algorithm since you started posting it in the other thread and took it with a pinch of salt.

Hats off to you, nice work fella.

Guest Arr Too
Can all other phone 'calculators' be worked out with the same amount of effort you used to calculate this one? :)

I think that Android phones that can be unlocked in the same way as the Blade [purely by IMEI and prompted when different SIM inserted] are quite susceptible to this sort of thing. The major clue for the Blade was the sneaky MD5, which I just accidentally stumbled upon.

Guest protocold

sorry I have a stupid question.

Can i unlock the SF outside UK directly while on a non orange network? Or do I have to start the phone within the Orange UK network in order to unlock?

sorry I have a stupid question.

Can i unlock the SF outside UK directly while on a non orange network? Or do I have to start the phone within the Orange UK network in order to unlock?

Just insert your SIM (not Orange), enter the according PIN and afterwards it asks for the unlock code. No need to do it in UK or on Orange network / SIM. Edited by grimmi

Guest Ralph Martin
I'd be interested in knowing two stats in this whole situation:

#1: how much orange gets out of the SF sales anyways, no matter whether the people use their network.

#2: how high are their expectations on profit off the use of their prepaid cards.

if #1 outranges #2, then they are fine anyway. if they get the SF for say 55 pounds and sell it for 99, they really make some profit, or am i wrong. haven't checked on their prizes on networking/calls though...

It is interesting that the V880 (and the SF itself) in China are going for about £150 or so, and there's no VAT there, for example. I suspect that Orange are subsidising the SF.

Guest Phoenix Silver

don't know if this work :

without any SIM card, try this code ###825*09# . got the prompt for code? enter the code.

Failed above, try *983*8284#.

Guest Arr Too
don't know if this work :

without any SIM card, try this code ###825*09# . got the prompt for code? enter the code.

Failed above, try *983*8284#.

That's for a different ZTE phone. The Blade codes are all listed here -- and there isn't one for unlocking.

For those interested there are a couple of good threads here with some info on reverse engineering the unlocking code, it appears to rely on getting unlock codes from the network for a few mobiles and then spotting patterns to work out the algo, nb he only explains how to find the SPCK not the NCK which you also need

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f83/calcul...760-etc-943686/

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f83/first-...318/index3.html

Guest szolnoki
I've emailed the (very basic) PHP script to Paul (I think!), but I suspect he's busy doing important stuff. :( I've uploaded the same script here, in case anyone wants to try it:

http://arrtoo.x10.mx/unlockBlade.php

Next plan is to do my first app, which will generate the code for you for your specific phone.

Can you send Me the php script? I would like to test with my ZTE Blade, but I dont want to send my IMEI to anybody.

Thank you,

Tibor

Guest thomas01155
Can you send Me the php script? I would like to test with my ZTE Blade, but I dont want to send my IMEI to anybody.

Thank you,

Tibor

I doubt the person is going to store the IMEI entered?

Guest szolnoki
I doubt the person is going to store the IMEI entered?

The IMEI numbers can be usable for change the IMEI's of stolen, black listed phones. This is a reason, why not safe to release your phone IMEI.

If I will get the source of unlockBlade.php, I will make an standalone Windows app. I would like to distribute this app freely to everybody.

I think, sending IMEI to any server, or to remote script is unsafe. The only solution is the independent, private calculator software.

Guest fonix232
The IMEI numbers can be usable for change the IMEI's of stolen, black listed phones. This is a reason, why not safe to release your phone IMEI.

If I will get the source of unlockBlade.php, I will make an standalone Windows app. I would like to distribute this app freely to everybody.

I think, sending IMEI to any server, or to remote script is unsafe. The only solution is the independent, private calculator software.

I agree, that's why I asked the algorithm he used for the code generator too, but no response yet :S

Guest thomas01155

The PHP script WON'T store your IMEI unless its programmed to.

Guest TheDanO39
I wouldn't think they (ZTE) care too much, they are selling a lot of phones at the end of the day.

If orange detect that so many are moving off their network then they'll probably just avoid ZTE in future and use another cheap manufacturer.

ZTE are a cheap manufacturer. That is why Orange have used them for so long!

Guest fonix232
The PHP script WON'T store your IMEI unless its programmed to.

But as it isn't an encrypted channel where you are sending the data, anyone can easily sniff your IMEI...

• 4 months later...
Guest emanuelr

hi! im from Argentina and im testing it on my u8220 (huawei) but it didnt work!! :unsure:

Does it work with my phone?

TKS!!!