Dell new official rom 8-12-2010

Guest jeffrey2000

Guest ashdragon
Question: Is Dell Video Stage working now, or is it still incredibly glitchy?

Whats Video Stage? do you mean the Media Stage Widget?

I never used it myself but it's also the first time i have heard of anyone having a problem with it.

The only video problems i have are trying to use rockplayer on these stock builds. Once the Hardare accel has been enabled it works flawlessly but it frameskips just a tiny bit with the stock build, just enough to be noticable/annoying.

Guest ber.a808

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.img

sending 'recovery' (3434 KB)... OKAY [ 0.391s]

writing 'recovery'... OKAY [ 2.031s]

finished. total time: 2.469s

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>fastboot -i 0x413c reboot

rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.000s

then applied the latest update pkg

*OLD INFO BEFORE THE UPDATE

BASEBAND VERSION GAUSB1A130900-US

KERNEL VERSION 2.6.32.9-perf

OEM VERSION GAUSB1A130900

BUILD NUMBER 11548

*NEW INFO AFTER THE UPDATE

BASEBAND VERSION GAUSB1A131800-US

KERNEL VERSION 2.6.32.9-PERF

OEM VERSION GAUSB1A131800

BUILD NUMBER 12821

thanks

*** 720P recording works right off the bat and native internet browser able to connect to this site etc.

*ATT LOCK PHONE

Edited by ber.a808

I reverted back to 2.1 awhile back. It seems I'll be staying there for awhile.

I'll go to 2.2 whenever Dell or someone else figures out the issue with the front camera.

I didn't buy a phone with a front cam for video chatting just to not be able to video chat.

It's freaking retarded and really beginning to piss me off honestly.............

Guest jeffrey2000

I'll go to 2.2 whenever Dell or someone else figures out the issue with the front camera.

I didn't buy a phone with a front cam for video chatting just to not be able to video chat.

It's freaking retarded and really beginning to piss me off honestly.............

Gotta wait for gingerbread/2.3 to have videocall (app (up)scaling should be fixed there aswell). Front cam only works in the cam prgram but how do you zoom with video mode in this build, zoom seems to only work in picture mode, 2.1 had this zoom option there aswell.

Another problem I had with the 315 (and 2.1upd 1) is that I couldn't disable the vibrate (and sound keypress) option in the keyboard in this build I can disable both.

Edited by jeffrey2000

Guest adzman808

dj_steve v1.1.1 has a working f cam for fring etc (but not still shots) maybe this is the 2.2 for you?

What would you guys recommend for a brand new out of the box ATT 1.6 unit? What do I need to flash to first to get this build? Think I can flash right to this build? What recovery.img are you using? Should I go to an O2 build first and then root?

Guest adzman808

can't see this prising me away from 1.4.6...

quad scores are 800ish did someone say?

any one tried Fards tweaks from the earlier the official releases yet*?

not at all surprised that dj_steve was right about fring :P

(*Probably Fards has ;))

can't see this prising me away from 1.4.6...

quad scores are 800ish did someone say?

any one tried Fards tweaks from the earlier the official releases yet*?

not at all surprised that dj_steve was right about fring :P

(*Probably Fards has ;))

tbh this is a pretty solid build.

Had lots of force closes when I first flashed it, but factory reset sorted those..

wasn't convinced it had flashed properly, so reflashed it, got into a bootloop/stuck at the dell logo.

That was fixed by Factory resetting it (teh DT flashing screen with the android hadn't shown so I knew it hadn't flashed properly)

I've been playing with it (rooted manually as superoneclick doesn't work on linux for me)

so far quadrant (on stock kernel) is upto 1400..

I may push steves kernel at it, but tbh I'm quite happy with performance, the main downer was OOTB battery,

it lost 50% in 3 hours this morning, in a situation I would expect to lose 10-15%. I need to test it somemore, now I've tweaked and cleaned it.

lots of files changed between the 315 and this build.

as stock builds go its pretty decent :P

Guest Wonsanim

Had lots of force closes when I first flashed it, but factory reset sorted those..

wasn't convinced it had flashed properly, so reflashed it, got into a bootloop/stuck at the dell logo.

That was fixed by Factory resetting it (teh DT flashing screen with the android hadn't shown so I knew it hadn't flashed properly)

I've been playing with it (rooted manually as superoneclick doesn't work on linux for me)

I may push steves kernel at it, but tbh I'm quite happy with performance, the main downer was OOTB battery,

it lost 50% in 3 hours this morning, in a situation I would expect to lose 10-15%. I need to test it somemore, now I've tweaked and cleaned it.

as stock builds go its pretty decent ;)

Hey fards I need some help because I can't go in to recovery to try to update from 309 to 318? just reboot again back to 309 after this message "FOTA model name mismatch system will reboot in 30 seconds" (In My android system recovery utility still GAUSB1A120621 but in My device the GAUSB1A130900-US is this the problem?)Some recommendation.

Guest sandjero

Hello All

If helps anyone!!!!

- I was running "untouched 2.2"

- Got recovery and flashed image 309 - FARDS THANK YOU

- Download, saved and renamed the file to my sd card - Update.pkg

- Running the new version but:

- Still getting "too many redirects" when accessing www.uol.com.br - for example

BUT FOR THE FIRST TIME FILMING WITH 720P DID NOT GET FORCE CLOSE

* when calling proximity sensor not working - have to hit power button to open the screen.

Edited by sandjero

Thanks fards. I was looking for a review. I dint have time to flash yet.

May be today evening i should try this build

Guest Wonsanim
Hello All

If helps anyone!!!!

- I was running "untouched 2.2"

- Got recovery and flashed image 309 - FARDS THANK YOU

- Download, saved and renamed the file to my sd card - Update.pkg

- Running the new version but:

- Still getting "too many redirects" when accessing www.uol.com.br - for example

BUT FOR THE FIRST TIME FILMING WITH 720P DID NOT GET FORCE CLOSE

You flash "image 309" what is that?I need to do that to flash 318?Now I'm using 309

Guest bhull521

Please tell me how to get to 1400 Quad score. I just ran it again and got 818 (twice @ 800 ish).

This is a nice build other than that and Fring.

Please tell me how to get to 1400 Quad score. I just ran it again and got 818 (twice @ 800 ish).

This is a nice build other than that and Fring.

Other the all the numbers , does anyone notice any lag when navigating through apps and general UI ?

Guest Wonsanim
use the 309 recovery I posted

Where My friend?and also I need to flash the 309 recovery first and after flash the 318?is that right!!!

Edited by Wonsanim

Where My friend?and also I need to flash the 309 recovery first and after flash the 318?is that right!!!

the 309 recovery is in this forum, its currently on the front page ;)

when you've flashed it go straight into recovery, choose the update.pkg (make sure you renamed the file :P ) and then make sure you factory reset afterwards

Guest Wonsanim

when you've flashed it go straight into recovery, choose the update.pkg (make sure you renamed the file :P ) and then make sure you factory reset afterwards

Ok,all ready download the 309 recovery and after I flash I let you know :P

Guest Wonsanim

Don't need to rename the recovery just copy paste in the SDK?

Guest adzman808

quick silly question (do i ask any other?)

does the front camera take a pic like a mirror (eg if you're wearing a t-shirt with writing on it, the writing is reversed)

or not?

Ta ;)

Sorry if it is strange question but ... if it is new release, shouldn`t we all on EU open 2.2 s/w have possibility to update it from the menu?

I mean - i have 131500 and i still see that there is no update for me and yet there is newer, better version

As a customer, maybe i do not want to fastboot etc...

Just a question...