Defy Overclock

Guest Higgsy

Guest #stingray#
Hi all,

I'm new to Android, I've got this app installed, but can you tell me how to set the vsel?

Thanks

Stu :D

EDIT: Added Quadrant Screen Shot :P

Launch the app, Slide the slider to the far right up to the end and you will see the setting with '(custom)' indicated then press press the bottom left key (the one that looks like 4 squares and brings up the settings option, not sure what this key is called), press settings and edit as required.

Guest #stingray#

Well I'm finding things a little un-stable no matter which settings I try, phone works ok for some time then randomly re-boots and the last setting I tried 900/46 it re-booted and got stuck in boot, had to remove the battery.

Tried so far:

1000/56

1000/60

1200/60

900/46

Guest #stingray#
Updated the OP - I now recommend using SetVsel app deveoped specifically for the defy

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=898036

Hmmm, this seems to be better using setvsel, no issues for a few days now and good battery life (although I don't use the device heavy):

300/30

700/46

1100/58

Thanks once again for all the great work :D

Guest CircusMaximusBC
Hmmm, this seems to be better using setvsel, no issues for a few days now and good battery life (although I don't use the device heavy):

300/30

700/46

1100/58

Thanks once again for all the great work ;)

im also running 1100/58 with no problems so far

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest automiclivewire

Hi guys. Im new to all this stuff, but I managed to put uk froyo on my defy. Everything works well. I also have overclocked it to 1ghz. It get a staggering 1396 on quadrant. I am so happy with this device!!!!!

Guest faris.abdullah

i use setvsel to overclock my defy. 33/300, 48/600, 52/1000. the slider is set at 92%. so far everything is okay. but i dont see any significant change in terms of speed. should overclock more?

in setvsel, i also check the 'show cpu speed icon'. from the icon, i can see that very very very seldom the cpu is running at 1ghz. most times it only went up to 800mhz. so, when exactly the 1ghz will come into play?

WOW!

Mine's running along @1200mhz now and just kicked out a Quadrant score of 1314 :huh:

snap20101209_115649.png

When Paul gets Froyo (or maybe even GB, who knows?) ported to this little beauty, she's gonna FLY :)

Thanks for posting!

Motorola Defy 2.2.1 Official with root access and 1.2Ghz Processor set , 1750 pct just - because quadrant or a dll file not suport the soft of moto or high resolution ...

post-450653-1298902152_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest Diggedy
Motorola Defy 2.2.1 Official with root access and 1.2Ghz Processor set , 1750 pct just - because quadrant or a dll file not suport the soft of moto or high resolution ...

Ive been toying with overclocking but ever since having problems with a previous phone ive always been wary. Has anyone who overclocks regularly had any issues running for extended periods with a maximum of 1ghz?

Guest add.thebad
Ive been toying with overclocking but ever since having problems with a previous phone ive always been wary. Has anyone who overclocks regularly had any issues running for extended periods with a maximum of 1ghz?

i have mine set a 1 ghz all the time and runs sound as a pound

• 5 weeks later...
Guest nvkid909

what a great app!

i don't care for gaming much, so i just want it snappier with longer battery.

i use the mp3 a lot & try to charge on usb, but that's not always available so battery is still a big thing for me.

300/24 (limit to this when screen is off)

600/34 (limit to this when battery gets down to 40%)

1000/52 (this when i push cpu through 80% threshold)

threshold is 99% at 20% battery.

that's set the lower & upper limits & i'm a happy bunny :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest aaww

thank you for this thread. i am going to buy this one for my FG. she will love it now that it is a snappy and life prof at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MrBelter

Mine is at 1GHz but at the stock voltage, as i am not feeding the processor more juice i don't foresee and problems.

• 1 month later...