ZTE V9 Tablet

Guest J_Martin

Guest J_Martin

A few days ago, I bought this ZTE V9 tablet, and so far I think its a good relation price / quality.

7" screen

Phone

3G

Wi-FI

Bluetooth

GPS

3400Mah battery

Rear 3MP camera

Android 2.1

I've searched around and apparently there is nothing here ad Modaco about this tablet, tweeks, roms, etc.

If some one gets one of these and want to share experiences, just let me know.

Regards,

J_M

Edited by J_Martin

Guest Fraser R
A few days ago, I bought this ZTE V9 tablet, and so far I think its a good relation price / quality.

7" screen

Phone

3G

Wi-FI

Bluetooth

GPS

3400Mah battery

Rear 3MP camera

Android 2.1

I've searched around and apparently there is nothing here ad Modaco about this tablet, tweeks, roms, etc.

Regards,

J_M

im considering one of these my self, did you buy it from vodafone and if so is it filled with the usual bloatware?

Guest bugeyes

7" screen

Phone

3G

Wi-FI

Bluetooth

GPS

3400Mah battery

Rear 3MP camera

Android 2.1

Regards,

J_M

Looks nice! just one spec its missing the processor speed and type.......flash being a must for me!

out of interest where did you find it?

Guest J_Martin
Looks nice! just one spec its missing the processor speed and type.......flash being a must for me!

out of interest where did you find it?

I bought it from Vodafone in Portugal (algarve) Price was 249 euros.

The CPU is a Qualcomm MSM7227 running at 600mhz. Its the same as the ZTE blade. 512mb RAM.

And yes. It comes with Android 2.1 (upgradable for 2.2 when ZTE releases) and its got some bloatware.

I'm very surprised with the Screen, for a resistive screen is very good.

Edited by J_Martin

Guest bugeyes
I bought it from Vodafone in Portugal (algarve) Price was 249 euros.

The CPU is a Qualcomm MSM7227 running at 600mhz. Its the same as the ZTE blade. 512mb RAM.

And yes. It comes with Android 2.1 (upgradable for 2.2 when ZTE releases) and its got some bloatware.

I'm very surprised with the Screen, for a resistive screen is very good.

Sounds perfect if you dont want flash!

Oh well i'll keep looking or wait for an archos 70 to become available!

Guest antoniopafs

7" screen

Phone

3G

Wi-FI

Bluetooth

GPS

3400Mah battery

Rear 3MP camera

Android 2.1

Regards,

J_M

just bought mine today...will be delivered next week

what apps did you install?

Guest J_Martin
just bought mine today...will be delivered next week

what apps did you install?

Well I installed Evernote, Repligo PDF reader and Dolphin HQ browser. So far I've not found anything else of interest. Most android apps are designed for phones and I do not intend to use the tablet as a phone. Actually, after thinking carefully, android is definitively not a tablet OS (as google always said). I am now considering buying an apple Ipad and sell my android tablet. I've made a wrong decision. (this has nothing to do with the brand of my tablet, but with the software available)

My conclusion is that Android currently is the best OS for phones, but pretty useless for tablets (does not matter the brand).

I love android...for phones...not for tablets (android software is not ready for tablets yet)

7" screen

Phone

3G

Wi-FI

Bluetooth

GPS

3400Mah battery

Rear 3MP camera

Android 2.1

Regards,

J_M

ZTE will release this product in china wihich named "ZTE Light Tab" next month.

Guest Sahkari

I have this tab too and i'm happy that, but that is sad you can only install applications in phone memory, not sd card, phone memory is too small.

Some people says that fix next 2.2 version android but this moment that not maybe any fix?

Guest Johnnyfinlandia

Hi

I also bought this in December here in Finland. (Sonera is the provider.) :unsure:

I would also be interested in a Forum for this as there should be a facility to update and store apps on the card.

I updated my ZTE Blade (Orange San Fran) to 2.2 but had some problems .. can't make direct phone calls! (have to store no. first and then call) and it STILL can't store apps on phone.

Both my phone and ZTE Light (or V9) get a lot of "Low on Space" messages to clear.

:-(

Guest Sebastian404

I've been having a look at the romdump from this device.. interesting how similar it is to the blade, and it explains why they duplicated the stock wallpapers in both HDPI and MDPI versions on the Blade..

I'm looking into building a copy of clockwork for it, but I'm having some problems with github right now, so I'm having problems downloading the source..

Guest Sebastian404

I noticed this has got onto Engadget... I assume that means they think it will get a US launch..

anyone know where to get pick up a device, either in the UK or the US?

Guest BlcakFox

here's mine unbranded zte light romdump, if anybody wants to have a look at it

depositfiles.com/files/xc8kfv6g6

Edited by BlcakFox

Guest Sebastian404

Well,

I've built this copy of clockworkmod recovery...

NO idea if it will work, or what way round it is...

I'd try the 'adb reboot recovery' method to ensure it works...

let me know how you get on, if it does it work...

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest serialmonkey

Success !!! adb push, flash_image, reboot recovery and I have the ClockworkMod menu. Up/down works but I can't get any button to work as select though. There are also a couple of missing bitmap errors. I'll keep playing

Guest Sebastian404
Success !!! adb push, flash_image, reboot recovery and I have the ClockworkMod menu. Up/down works but I can't get any button to work as select though. There are also a couple of missing bitmap errors. I'll keep playing

Better than I thought :unsure:

What physical keys are there on the device?

Does restarting in FTM mode get you into recovery now?

Guest serialmonkey

Yes it does. It does the double-reboot as I would expect and ends up in recovery.

USB doesn't appear to be working (nothing appears in lsusb)

As for keys, three hard buttons on the side - volumn up/down and power. Three buttons just below the touch screen - home, options and back (thats what I call them anyway).

Anything I can do to extract the key codes via a shell ? Where do they go ?

I assume you are compiling the Clockwork binaries yourself and the key codes go in there ? Is this source publically available for your build ? I can only find koush's GIT.

Edited by serialmonkey

Guest serialmonkey
The USB config did look quite odd... Does it work in the standard recovery?

Don't worry, USB appears to be fine now - udev issue at my end.

I've unpacked your image and inserted a symlink from /system/bin/sh to /sbin/busybox. This has gotten 'adb shell' working. Still no further on the input issue yet, but the night is young :-)

Guest Sebastian404
Don't worry, USB appears to be fine now - udev issue at my end.

I've unpacked your image and inserted a symlink from /system/bin/sh to /sbin/busybox. This has gotten 'adb shell' working. Still no further on the input issue yet, but the night is young :-)

It's seems zte screwed up the recovery, Adbd should point to /shin/sh but it looks like they included a regular version of adb ....

Can you try this version and see if its any better for you:

http://android.podtwo.com/light/

That keys file btw is the keys it uses to check the signed update files. Not the buttons on the device.

Guest serialmonkey
It's seems zte screwed up the recovery, Adbd should point to /shin/sh but it looks like they included a regular version of adb ....

Can you try this version and see if its any better for you:

No, same error when trying to get a shell - looking for /system/bin/sh

So, I guess the next problem is the keys, and then, Froyo :-)

For the keys, I'm trying to compile kouch's bootable recovery from GIT but I'm having trouble getting busybox to compile. Am I on the right track ?

Guest Sebastian404
No, same error when trying to get a shell - looking for /system/bin/sh

So, I guess the next problem is the keys, and then, Froyo :-)

For the keys, I'm trying to compile kouch's bootable recovery from GIT but I'm having trouble getting busybox to compile. Am I on the right track ?

Sorry, I wasn't clear, the 2nd version has more keys added to it, can you select anything? If not we'll have to fond the values for they keys, tho now the shell is working that should not be too hard..

Sorry im traveling today so can't write too mixh