ZTE V9 Tablet

Guest J_Martin

Hey, I did the alphaxsMOD links2sd, everything works and looks great, any idea on getting past the vodafone network sim unlock as vodafone won't have a pin for my optus v9. and i'd like to use my optus sim in it

Thanks.

Also my original backed up rom now just loops ate the optus screen.

Not anymore i restored it again and it works, must have just been a bad restore or something.

Edited by Gaz14

Guest slapnuts
Hey, I did the alphaxsMOD links2sd, everything works and looks great, any idea on getting past the vodafone network sim unlock as vodafone won't have a pin for my optus v9. and i'd like to use my optus sim in it

Thanks.

I used the blade unlock site, it's free, and it works with the optus my tab as that is what this is being typed on running that rom.

Guest Alanfyy

Hi, I bought an Optus V9, after I tried to install app2sd, when I tried to connect with ADB Shell, I got the following error msg:

/Exec/format/error 08.

also, I cannot boot into recovery mode using recovery manager, just because I cannot start the recovery manager. Nor I cannot start to use Root Explorer. Other program functions normally.

I tried 'fastboot reboot-bootloader' using optus ROM, dnt work.

What' might be the problem?

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Guest slapnuts
Hi, I bought an Optus V9, after I tried to install app2sd, when I tried to connect with ADB Shell, I got the following error msg:

/Exec/format/error 08.

also, I cannot boot into recovery mode using recovery manager, just because I cannot start the recovery manager. Nor I cannot start to use Root Explorer. Other program functions normally.

I tried 'fastboot reboot-bootloader' using optus ROM, dnt work.

What' might be the problem?

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Now just to be sure, you have rooted the phone, yes?

Guest slapnuts
yes, the phone is rooted using z4root

do you have any idea?

if it makes any difference, I used universal androot. What method are you using to install apps2sd?

I don't recall having to use adb to run it. And it may have been wise to install recovery and back it up first.

But, another question, you do have your sd partitioned correctly as well?

Guest alpha xs

Thanks.

go to

www.nextgenserver.com/calculator/

just use blade as the terminal

Guest alpha xs
yes, the phone is rooted using z4root

do you have any idea?

use google translator and follow the tutorial.

advices

1 - no need to use adb, just fastboot to flash recovery by sebastian404.

2 - read all the tutorial before you start coz some steps may be changed based on your current situation

3 - make sure you have root and busybox, in the tutorial there's a how to,

4 - to boot, try quick recovery from the market

Hi there,

I really need help from you guys. I've rooted this device using universal and root 1.5. After i do factory setting, the superuser permission not being removed. So, i've googled around and found a few ways. But none of it working :huh: .

One of the way, i install back the universalandroot, unroot but failed.force to close. try root,it sys my device already rooted.Try root but force error again. I've try so many times but still the same. Can somebody give me guide on how to unroot back my device in my situation. i'm kind off newbie in this thing. I need to send the device for warranty coz my screen blur..

Really hope you guys can help.

Cheers

Edited by afshah

Guest Alanfyy
use google translator and follow the tutorial.

advices

1 - no need to use adb, just fastboot to flash recovery by sebastian404.

2 - read all the tutorial before you start coz some steps may be changed based on your current situation

3 - make sure you have root and busybox, in the tutorial there's a how to,

4 - to boot, try quick recovery from the market

Hi, I partitioined the Sd to fat32 and ext2, swap partition. I followed instruction on other forum before I find this one. Now the problem is even if I've granted su permision, I can't run the recovery manager. Perhaps the shell file 'sh' was modified. How should I recover from that? Please thanks.

Guest alpha xs
Hi, I partitioined the Sd to fat32 and ext2, swap partition. I followed instruction on other forum before I find this one. Now the problem is even if I've granted su permision, I can't run the recovery manager. Perhaps the shell file 'sh' was modified. How should I recover from that? Please thanks.

My sugestion is to use the recovery to format the sd,

I don't know if you seen it, but i meant this:

http://androidpt.com/index.php?option=com_...0&Itemid=30

just use translator (carefull on the commands)

Guest Alanfyy
My sugestion is to use the recovery to format the sd,

I don't know if you seen it, but i meant this:

http://androidpt.com/index.php?option=com_...0&Itemid=30

just use translator (carefull on the commands)

Hi, guys. My problem is the 'sh' does not function. When I tried 'adb shell' returns exec/format/error 08. I mean the 'sh' was modified. how can I restore? Thanks.

Guest Alanfyy
Hi, guys. My problem is the 'sh' does not function. When I tried 'adb shell' returns exec/format/error 08. I mean the 'sh' was modified. how can I restore? Thanks.

I tried 'factory reset' , that does not recover 'sh'!

Guest Alanfyy
I tried 'factory reset' , that does not recover 'sh'!

Also

the device cannot boot into bootloader, using fast reboot-bootloader.

seems to 'waiting for devices' indefinitly

Guest slapnuts
Also

the device cannot boot into bootloader, using fast reboot-bootloader.

seems to 'waiting for devices' indefinitly

does the device run at all? will it boot normally? when not connected to the computer

Guest Sebastian404
Unfortunately Virgin America lost my luggage on the way back, seems they forgot to transfer it, so its going to be a few more days before I get my V9 to start messing with...

Well I'm not having much luck with this, I have my v9... but it seems not the battery, UPS have removed the battery from the device and 'disposed' of it.... awesome..

And it wont boot without one..

EDIT: Ah, with a bit of 'modification' I can get it to boot with my Blade battery, I'll goto Fries later and see what they have that might do if I add some packing to it.... I love DIY....

EDIT2: well I managed to get something working temporary... my Palm Pre will never be the same again :huh:

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest alpha xs
Well I'm not having much luck with this, I have my v9... but it seems not the battery, UPS have removed the battery from the device and 'disposed' of it.... awesome..

And it wont boot without one..

EDIT: Ah, with a bit of 'modification' I can get it to boot with my Blade battery, I'll goto Fries later and see what they have that might do if I add some packing to it.... I love DIY....

EDIT2: well I managed to get something working temporary... my Palm Pre will never be the same again :huh:

They removed the batery and disposed of it!!! no words to comment that...

Guest alpha xs

Ok, you can´t acess the partition, ok, but your intent is to use the app2sd, in doubt, just use recovery to format the rigth way, about app2sd after that jsut do a fresh install by flashing the app2sd rom

Edited by alpha xs

Guest Sebastian404
They removed the batery and disposed of it!!! no words to comment that...

It seems its the shipping rules these days, no electronic devices with batteries... when I asked they told me I should be 'grateful' they did not destroy the tablet...

I've picked up a replacement battery for my Palm Pre and using that for now... it seems to be working quite well, tho I suspect the battery life is going to be shocking...

It seems its the shipping rules these days, no electronic devices with batteries... when I asked they told me I should be 'grateful' they did not destroy the tablet...

http://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c6_003.htm

A little off topic, but i would dispute it. There is no reason to remove and dispose of this battery according to the rules set out. read that link about half way down and start making calls, or make a claim that it was a lost parcel if it wasnt registered and get some money back. They shouldnt have thrown the battery out. I post mobile phones to the US all the time and never have this problem. What would they do with iPhones and the ilk ? cant just remove and dispose of the battery then.

Guest Sebastian404
http://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c6_003.htm

A little off topic, but i would dispute it. There is no reason to remove and dispose of this battery according to the rules set out. read that link about half way down and start making calls, or make a claim that it was a lost parcel if it wasnt registered and get some money back. They shouldnt have thrown the battery out. I post mobile phones to the US all the time and never have this problem. What would they do with iPhones and the ilk ? cant just remove and dispose of the battery then.

I did look up on line, and found a few other people who have ran into the same issue, and one girl who had an iPad 'destroyed'... apparently the common reason is that since the 'printer toner' bombings last year they have issues with batteries, and apparently Australia is the worst place for it since they transfer cargo around the country on passenger flights....

I have already sent a couple of emails, but I'm not really getting my hopes up....

Guest Sebastian404

Back on topic.... I've raised the lack of Kernel support with ZTE, see if they can come up with anything..

I checked the 2.6.32 source and the same things are missing from that too...

Guest alpha xs
Back on topic.... I've raised the lack of Kernel support with ZTE, see if they can come up with anything..

I checked the 2.6.32 source and the same things are missing from that too...

yeahhh... bumpy road ahead...