ZTE V9 Tablet

Guest J_Martin

Guest Sebastian404

I mentioned this before, but to get 2.2 working on the 'older' v9 devices (ones that came with 2.1) we need the kernel source so we can build our own kernel....

Guest liberie
I mentioned this before, but to get 2.2 working on the 'older' v9 devices (ones that came with 2.1) we need the kernel source so we can build our own kernel....

I did used a Optus 2.1 rom image posted at this thread , and wanted to test to see what was the main diferences between that and the vodafone_pt one

could never imagine that a single rom image also affect fastboot .

Guest Sebastian404

The other thing I should mention is when got my V9, I had a lot problems with drivers..

with the existing drivers I could access fastboot, but not ADB on the device, so I update the drivers to the latest ZTE ones, and then I could no longer access fastboot.

Glad I have an macbook pro, where it 'just works' all the time :D

Guest panagiotakis

Does this mean we are waiting for ZTE to provide us with the Kernel Source? We will never get 2.2... :-(

This 2.2 is very anoying. SuperOneClick root temporary with all methods, z4root temporary root works too others not no perm root :'(

I recooked the rom with root access reflashed and not works :S Why? :S Sebastian, any idea?

And I realy want to OC to 800MHz, is this possible without source code?

This 2.2 is very anoying. SuperOneClick root temporary with all methods, z4root temporary root works too others not no perm root :'(

I recooked the rom with root access reflashed and not works :S Why? :S Sebastian, any idea?

Guest Sebastian404
Does this mean we are waiting for ZTE to provide us with the Kernel Source? We will never get 2.2... :-(

yes, and they where quite good at putting the source for the blade's kernel out....

Guest liberie
The other thing I should mention is when got my V9, I had a lot problems with drivers..

with the existing drivers I could access fastboot, but not ADB on the device, so I update the drivers to the latest ZTE ones, and then I could no longer access fastboot.

Glad I have an macbook pro, where it 'just works' all the time :D

I did try with OSX 10.6.6 , Ubuntu 10.10 (with correct udev rules) and Windows 7

all same thing :( , and all my other devices are ok with the 3 machines above

what is really really strange is the fastboot thing , why change from fastboot to a ftm (whatever is this at ZTE)

the usb gives me this info when at FTM mode

ZTE HSUSB Device:

Product ID: 0x0112

Vendor ID: 0x19d2

Version: 1.00

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: ZTE Incorporated

Location ID: 0xfd100000

Current Available (mA): 500

Current Required (mA): 500

and the bellow when at reboot loop

ZTE HSUSB Device:

Product ID: 0x1354

Serial Number: V9_Optus

Guest Sebastian404

have you got adb access? do a 'cat /default.prop', you should see something like:

cat /default.prop
#
# ADDITIONAL_DEFAULT_PROPERTIE
#
ro.secure=0
ro.allow.mock.location=0
ro.debuggable=1
persist.service.adb.enable=1[/code]

the ro.secure line is most important...

No, we'd need to enable higher clockspeeds in the kernel source.

Guest Sebastian404
I did try with OSX 10.6.6 , Ubuntu 10.10 (with correct udev rules) and Windows 7

all same thing :D , and all my other devices are ok with the 3 machines above

what is really really strange is the fastboot thing , why change from fastboot to a ftm (whatever is this at ZTE)

the usb gives me this info when at FTM mode

ZTE HSUSB Device:

Product ID: 0x0112

and the bellow when at reboot loop

ZTE HSUSB Device:

Product ID: 0x1354

Serial Number: V9_Optus

Erm, which device did you have, and what rom did you flash onto it?

you should be able to boot into FTM mode and then use fastboot to write a recovery image..

power off -> battery out -> count to 10 -> battery in -> hold down Vol up -> power on -> FTM Mode

then 'fastboot recovery recovery-clockwork-3.0.1.4-v9.img'

then 'fastboot reboot'

Guest liberie
Erm, which device did you have, and what rom did you flash onto it?

you should be able to boot into FTM mode and then use fastboot to write a recovery image..

power off -> battery out -> count to 10 -> battery in -> hold down Vol up -> power on -> FTM Mode

then 'fastboot recovery recovery-clockwork-3.0.1.4-v9.img'

then 'fastboot reboot'

it's a V9 from Vodafone (got in portugal)

the above sequence doesn't work tablet keep booting , but Vol Down the tablet goes to FTM screen

but at the ftm still doesn't work

fastboot flash recovery Downloads/recovery-clockwork-3.0.1.4-v9.img

< waiting for device >

Guest Sebastian404
it's a V9 from Vodafone (got in portugal)

the above sequence doesn't work tablet keep booting , but Vol Down the tablet goes to FTM screen

but at the ftm still doesn't work

fastboot flash recovery Downloads/recovery-clockwork-3.0.1.4-v9.img

< waiting for device >

your right, its vol down for FTM mode..tho oddly on all the other ZTE devices Vol up takes you into bootloader.

You are in luck tho, there is a TPT for the v9..

http://www.device.beeline.ru/software/m2/m2.zip

download that file, and then put the contents of the 'BEELINE_V9V100B08' into an 'image' subfolder onto your SDCARD so it will show up as /sdcard/image/

you might want to replace the recovery.img file with clockworkmod recovery, to save your self future messing about

Once you've done that, power off -> count to 10 -> power on while holding down the Volume + key.

and that should restore your device to a nice stock Russian one... if you replaced recovery.img you should be able to get into recovery that way.... otherwise,install clockworkmod from ADB..

then and then you can re-install your Voda stock ROM..

if you cant get it working using vol+, you might want to look into THIS program

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest liberie
your right, its vol down for FTM mode..tho oddly on all the other ZTE devices Vol up takes you into bootloader.

You are in luck tho, there is a TPT for the v9..

http://www.device.beeline.ru/software/m2/m2.zip

download that file, and then put the contents of the 'BEELINE_V9V100B08' into an 'image' subfolder onto your SDCARD so it will show up as /sdcard/image/

you might want to replace the recovery.img file with clockworkmod recovery, to save your self future messing about

Once the material is there, power the phone off, and restart it while holding down the Volume + key.

and that should restore your device to a nice stock Russian one...

if you replaced recovery.img you should be able to get into recovery that way.... otherwise,install clockworkmod from ADB..

and then you can re-install your Voda stock rom...

if you cant get it working using vol+, you might want to look into THIS program

Thanks for the guidance , I'm downloading the file now (nice link btw) and will try ASAP

Guest liberie
Thanks for the guidance , I'm downloading the file now (nice link btw) and will try ASAP

Thanks is flashing :D after power up with volume down key

Guest liberie
did it work?

It flashed but now ask for the SIMcard of this operator to properly set itself (account creation etc...)

I will reflash recovery now

do you have any suggestion for a 2.1 room for V9 ?

Thank you for all your help

Guest alpha xs

Just downloaded the romdump (slow connection today).

I´ve seen that thesytem is not in a img format and the gx file is giiving error, gonna try to download again..

Still if anyone is in a fast connection give this a try:

use boot.img form the original device (2.1 version)

use sebastian407 recovery image

and the 2.2 system image (a new dump with the correct img format would be needed or then just cook one form the gz if it extracts, to do so you need linux and a kitchen any wiill do since you will need to do no changes just to pack the files)

(i´ve tried this "before" and it booted, and when i mean before de 2.2 i used was chinese blade's 2.2)

Edited by alpha xs

have you got adb access? do a 'cat /default.prop', you should see something like:

cat /default.prop

#

# ADDITIONAL_DEFAULT_PROPERTIE

#

ro.secure=0

ro.allow.mock.location=0

ro.debuggable=1

persist.service.adb.enable=1

the ro.secure line is most important...

No, we'd need to enable higher clockspeeds in the kernel source.

ADB works after this yes, thanks

@Other

I checked my filesystems, cause low space on data fs

data is 128MB almost full filled

system is 155 MB, 64MB free, I think It not used so I can reduce it by 20-30MB

and the best /dev is 12KB used and 200MB+ free space

How can I change logical volumes or where is the LVM for android? :D

Guest Sebastian404
ADB works after this yes, thanks

@Other

I checked my filesystems, cause low space on data fs

data is 128MB almost full filled

system is 155 MB, 64MB free, I think It not used so I can reduce it by 20-30MB

and the best /dev is 12KB used and 200MB+ free space

How can I change logical volumes or where is the LVM for android? :D

Ah, your want to re-partition your device.... if you had a TPT for the 2.2 devices you can hex edit the partition table and change the layout that way, the guys on the Blade Forum are experts at that.

There a lots of partitions on the blade, that Android blocks you from seeing, so there is not much you can do with the device in terms of re-partitioning... tho with 2.2 you should be able to put your apps on SD card...

Ah, your want to re-partition your device.... if you had a TPT for the 2.2 devices you can hex edit the partition table and change the layout that way, the guys on the Blade Forum are experts at that.

There a lots of partitions on the blade, that Android blocks you from seeing, so there is not much you can do with the device in terms of re-partitioning... tho with 2.2 you should be able to put your apps on SD card...

Only a part of apps supports apps to SD, and that 200MB is a big lol for a 12KB Filesystem, I checked a lot of devices, /dev is 32-64-98Mb max, here over 200 and I have 48Mb free on /data of the stock ROM? I try to get help from Blade guys