bricked streak

Guest marculous

Guest marculous

I think I killed my streak. Got it as a gift about a month ago - att locked, 31 baseband, os 1.6 - tried to update manually using guide on streaksmart.com to os 2.2, and it stuck on dell logo. Tried it again and it went just black ( no lcd ) with flashing white lights - home, menu, back - then tried system recovery from sd card and it died. Then I tried ryrules bricked streak pdf and I can't get device manager to recognize the driver in the specified folder when I try to work directly with the qualcomm chip. And now, days later it won't seem to take a charge or do anything at all. I called dell this morning and they said that since I wasn't the original purchaser of record they can't replace it - and they won't transfer ownership without verification of original purchaser, which I can't get right now and may not be able to get at all. QDL can't find it when I plug it in. I am simply at a loss as to what I should do at this point. Any ideas out there?

just responding so you dont think you're being ignored...

your best bet is to connect to IRC channel #dellstreak I believe it was and hope some of the experts there can help you out. That or hope for Stephen to see this thread and give you a hand.

Guest marculous

your best bet is to connect to IRC channel #dellstreak I believe it was and hope some of the experts there can help you out. That or hope for Stephen to see this thread and give you a hand.

Thanks!

Guest mancterrier

Freenode server if you go down the irc route.

have you checked the cable? My streak fell off the side and broke the charger cable inside the end, I managed to solder it back together, at first I thought it was the phone!!

I had to order a new charger from dell's website, a good test would be to plug the phone into your PC with your USB cable, it should pick up the device even if its turned off..

Shi3ld

Guest marculous
have you checked the cable? My streak fell off the side and broke the charger cable inside the end, I managed to solder it back together, at first I thought it was the phone!!

I had to order a new charger from dell's website, a good test would be to plug the phone into your PC with your USB cable, it should pick up the device even if its turned off..

Shi3ld

My laptop (64 bit, vista) recognizes the quallcomm chip, but that's it. Won't let me do anything with it. It won't find the driver, it won't let me find the driver.

sorry, 32 bit windows vista home basic

Edited by marculous

Dude AFAIK if your PC detects your Phone then u have a chance.....

suggest to closely study & follow up the guide on www.streakdriod.com (in the guides branch) to recover.

So far I believe this is the only way I believe......

Edited by Sader0

did you load test certificate? its important that you load the test certificate and while loading driver choose the option that says ill select the driver.

As long as it shows qualcomm chipset under the device manager there might be hope that you can fix it. Do jump onto IRC to have someone help you out.

Guest marculous
Dude AFAIK if your PC detects your Phone then u have a chance.....

suggest to closely study & follow up the guide on www.streakdriod.com (in the guides branch) to recover.

So far I believe this is the only way I believe......

about to try QDL again, and the driver again, from the how-to on streakdroid

i followed video on streakdroid and

qdl gets to

wait for adb device...

error(d2)wait for adb fastboot mode timeout

please check that device is exist and driver is properly installed

download fail

now what?

Edited by marculous

Guest marculous
I think you need to install ADB driver.

That's where I'm stuck now. I've installed, uninstalled, re installed, updated, done it several times, even tried a different update that was said to have worked in a similar situation - but I'm still stuck at cannot find adb driver or device not connecetd using the qdl tool.

That's where I'm stuck now. I've installed, uninstalled, re installed, updated, done it several times, even tried a different update that was said to have worked in a similar situation - but I'm still stuck at cannot find adb driver or device not connecetd using the qdl tool.

Did you install the driver from here ?

http://streakdroid.com/?page_id=92

Guest marculous
Did you install the driver from here ?

yes, i did but when i try to update the android adb interface under device manager on my laptop by directing the driver update screen manually to C:\dell\drivers\R288920\Win7 i get an error msg that says

windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device

windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it

the device cannot start (code 10)

seems to be a pattern im stuck in, i cant make it past here yet.

Update!

Fixed it with help from irc #dellstreak

Took 2 different qdl tools and a lot of step by step help, but its fixed and has 2.2 now!

Edited by marculous

• 3 weeks later...
Guest vinokirk
could someone please help me!!!!! I tried using QDL tool and the instructions on StreakDroid but now my Streak is Bricked!!!! No lights turn on, or the screen and my computer doesn't recognise it. What should i do??? PLEASE HELP

Best to start your own thread pal

Guest aweAMsome

There is a good chance you can recover from this problem. Mine was dead also with no fastboot and no recovery. I used QDL repairtool and after, I was able to boot my phone into froyo again. PM me if you still needed help.

Guest Toney 2008
yes, i did but when i try to update the android adb interface under device manager on my laptop by directing the driver update screen manually to C:\dell\drivers\R288920\Win7 i get an error msg that says

windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device

windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it

the device cannot start (code 10)

seems to be a pattern im stuck in, i cant make it past here yet.

Update!

Fixed it with help from irc #dellstreak

Took 2 different qdl tools and a lot of step by step help, but its fixed and has 2.2 now!

I have the same problem just like you. Can you help me out, PLEASE? I am waiting online.

Thank you!

Guest radomir

My Dell is bricked .....

When loading the recovery ran out of power, and this time it's not working.

Do not turn on, the buttons are not illuminated, and charging the battery also does not work.

The worst thing that a computer can not detect it too.

Has anyone any ideas?

Guest Toney 2008
My Dell is bricked .....

When loading the recovery ran out of power, and this time it's not working.

Do not turn on, the buttons are not illuminated, and charging the battery also does not work.

The worst thing that a computer can not detect it too.

Has anyone any ideas?

Did you try this out?

Guest jase17uk

Hi guys, need help here badly.

I think my streak's almost bricked... here's what happened

I had to replace the LCD screen as it was cracked due to an accident with it. But after putting it back together, I switched it on, it displays DELL logo fine but just freezes for a while then the illumation goes off so i pressed power button to reillumate the lcd screen now all I get is a screen full of still noise like you see on analogue TVs when not tuned to a channel but with colour! Seems to me that android o/s is corrupted?

It still can be detected by my laptop but as Android 1.0 on win7 32bit but as Dell streak on 64bit

Can still do the USB fastboot detect or pressing volume buttons and camera buttons same time.

So whats is my options here? I am thinking of reinstalling it with Android 1.6 if poss?

Tried factory reset, didnt work :lol:

Guest jase17uk
Hi guys, need help here badly.

I think my streak's almost bricked... here's what happened

I had to replace the LCD screen as it was cracked due to an accident with it. But after putting it back together, I switched it on, it displays DELL logo fine but just freezes for a while then the illumation goes off so i pressed power button to reillumate the lcd screen now all I get is a screen full of still noise like you see on analogue TVs when not tuned to a channel but with colour! Seems to me that android o/s is corrupted?

It still can be detected by my laptop but as Android 1.0 on win7 32bit but as Dell streak on 64bit

Can still do the USB fastboot detect or pressing volume buttons and camera buttons same time.

So whats is my options here? I am thinking of reinstalling it with Android 1.6 if poss?

Tried factory reset, didnt work :lol:

I used QDL Tool... some success there... able to use it without any problems... after installing recovery image... rebooted the dell... still same problem as before which I think the LCD is faulty! But it is able to display DELL logo? Anyone got any ideas?

Guest stoney1973
Is there really no ideas?

I guess there is only sending to the Dell site. :lol: :) :)

Take the battery out, replace the cover, plug cable in to charge. Give it a minute or two, then try to turn it on.hope it helps.