bricked streak

Guest marculous

Guest Tim6772

The Streak (and most Dell mobiles) will NOT charge from mains on a DEAD battery, you need to plug into a PC for an hour which will give you an almost full charge

(just read this on Engadget review of the Venue Pro, so passing it on)

Guest stoney1973
The Streak (and most Dell mobiles) will NOT charge from mains on a DEAD battery, you need to plug into a PC for an hour which will give you an almost full charge

(just read this on Engadget review of the Venue Pro, so passing it on)

actually, he needs to take the battery out before charging will start. Past experience(and panic the first time)

Hi guys, need help here badly.

I think my streak's almost bricked... here's what happened

I had to replace the LCD screen as it was cracked due to an accident with it. But after putting it back together, I switched it on, it displays DELL logo fine but just freezes for a while then the illumation goes off so i pressed power button to reillumate the lcd screen now all I get is a screen full of still noise like you see on analogue TVs when not tuned to a channel but with colour! Seems to me that android o/s is corrupted?

It still can be detected by my laptop but as Android 1.0 on win7 32bit but as Dell streak on 64bit

Can still do the USB fastboot detect or pressing volume buttons and camera buttons same time.

So whats is my options here? I am thinking of reinstalling it with Android 1.6 if poss?

Tried factory reset, didnt work :lol:

have this problem too , and have 2 device , and 2 dont work with new lcd . with old all ok , have flash it with repairtool ,now boot but lik analogue Tv

Edited by S Igor

• 1 month later...
Guest Adonis Fiend
Hi guys, need help here badly.

I think my streak's almost bricked... here's what happened

I had to replace the LCD screen as it was cracked due to an accident with it. But after putting it back together, I switched it on, it displays DELL logo fine but just freezes for a while then the illumation goes off so i pressed power button to reillumate the lcd screen now all I get is a screen full of still noise like you see on analogue TVs when not tuned to a channel but with colour! Seems to me that android o/s is corrupted?

It still can be detected by my laptop but as Android 1.0 on win7 32bit but as Dell streak on 64bit

Can still do the USB fastboot detect or pressing volume buttons and camera buttons same time.

So whats is my options here? I am thinking of reinstalling it with Android 1.6 if poss?

Tried factory reset, didnt work :D

Dude, I'm facing the same problem, I also have to replace my LCD screen, as the old one got cracked, and now my situation is exactly similar to yours. Were you able to rectify the problem, if yes, then please tell me how?

Edited by Adonis Fiend