(12-22-10) Daskalos MEGAlite 23151

Guest daskalos

Guest dhawal3320

1). Samsung widgets not working...

2). Themes preview in Samsung setting not working..

3).ringtone delay is there in this rom,which was not earlier roms!!!!

don`t know why its so !!!

kindly check it

I am talking about 10mb ppl ROM

Edited by dhawal3320

• 4 weeks later...
Guest FiredFox

I tried to use nearly 7-10 ROMs in the last 3-4 days, and without a doubt this one is the best. 29007 ex could have beaten it but for the fact that even after installing most samsung apps, videos would not play.

Anyways, I have one probably silly problem. The home screen 'contact' button gives me an error saying the link is not found. I have installed the samsung phone book as well as Resco contact manager but dont know how to get the button linked to any contact software.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest Thunder141
I tried to use nearly 7-10 ROMs in the last 3-4 days, and without a doubt this one is the best. 29007 ex could have beaten it but for the fact that even after installing most samsung apps, videos would not play.

Anyways, I have one probably silly problem. The home screen 'contact' button gives me an error saying the link is not found. I have installed the samsung phone book as well as Resco contact manager but dont know how to get the button linked to any contact software.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Change these two registry keys to whatever you want to be started:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112]

"Open"=""

@=""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\113]

"Open"=":MSCONTACTS"

@="Contacts"

112 is left, 113 is right softkey.

Edited by Thunder141

Guest FiredFox
Change these two registry keys to whatever you want to be started:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112]

"Open"=""

@=""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\113]

"Open"=":MSCONTACTS"

@="Contacts"

112 is left, 113 is right softkey.

Thanks Thunder141, worked like a charm!

Guest FiredFox

Ok, I am convinced that this is one of the best ROMs out there and should be considered by OEMs as a stock ROM :)

Having used this for several days now, the key downside that I see is battery drain is a bit high. I am not 100% sure that it's the ROM itself, but seems like it. If there is some technique to isolate the cause l am willing to try it out. The drain is high in idling itself, viz overnight 100% => 95%, whereas with the stock ROM it used to stay 100% for a looong time.

I used to use mobile shell 3.5.5 with stock ROM and with this one, other than that I tried the Samsung dialer, removed Samsung dialer, used Inesoft Phone etc. I use the S2U2 as the lock screen and do not have any radios except the phone turned on, and NO data connection on phone.

I think Daskalos the one thing missing in your ROMs is a good dialer replacement, which I think should be with the ROM.

What are the best SMS/Email client software for WM 6.5, and the best ebook reader? All my searches lead to 2007-2009 posts nothing spanking new.

Guest FiredFox

Ok, I screwed up something. I can get connected by WiFi and via Edge but none of the software can connect to the internet. I know that the local internet is working as I am using the same WiFi on my laptop, and I know my Edge connection is working as well.

I have used Opera 10, IE (installed) and Samsung Connected home.

All of this was working when I installed the OS, they stopped working sometime later. I suspect it has something to do with my installing and then uninstalling the Samsung Settings CAB from 29007 post. The Settings CAB did work and I had installed it because there was no UI to control the screen brightness. I uninstalled it when as I didn't want all the heavy UI for every setting.

The important thing to note here is that when I am connected via USB, Internet DOES work, I used Opera 10 to check this.

Is there any way for me to diagnose and fix this? I do not want to reinstall everything as I have set it up with great pain, even though I could use UC Net etc.

HELP!

Edited by FiredFox

• 2 weeks later...