08 Aug Gr15 GRJ22: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Nexus S with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest fesar
Will try that Paul and let you know. Because all the time i tried is with that :-) I will try that and let you know :-)

:-( I tried that and it doesnt work either. Going back to RC2 CM7

Guest sevet

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the repost but I got no comment on the GPS problem i have

The rom is great but I still have GPS fix issues, with the latest radio XXKB3-GRI54 it takes minutes to fix almost everytime, with stock radio XXJK8-GRH78 its ok. I tried CM7 and the GPS works amazingly there even better than stock with every radio, I get even first fix in seconds with many satellites, so the GPS on Nexus S has good potential, I have other issues with CM7 rom and prefer your ROM.

Can you please look into it?

Does anyone else notice this GPS issue?

Any chance you can add the vibrate on answer feature? or how can I put the Phone.apk from CM7 on r14 rom? I see all the setting but it crashes when trying to make calls.

These two fixes will make the ROM perfect.

Thanks in advanced.

Guest objecttothis

I'm also experiencing the problem of not being able to charge to 100%. After being on the charger all night it reads 96%. This has been the case the last few nights. I don't remember this being a problem with r12 and older.

Guest berni4000
Thanks you may be right. In France may be Nexus S from SFR (Vodafone) goes with SLCD. People are going for Nexus S for Super Amoled. But the providers seems to change it :-( I feel bad for going to Nexus S as I went for it only for its screen.

I have the same problem with my brandnew Nexus S GT-I9023 from Vodafone Germany :D

What a mess!

Guest berni4000

Hi Paul,

since yesterday i tried various configurations of this R14 on my German Vodafone Nexus S. On each configuration i got the same result: When i press the off button i could never "reanimate" my Nexus S - just the 4 soft buttons are lighting - only way to use it is to take out battery and restart. :D

The only way for me to use it was the restore of my nandroid backup from the original vodafone firmware (Android-Version: 2.3.3; Baseband: I9023XXKB3; Build: GRI40; Kernel-Version: 2.6.35.7-g1d030a7 android-build@apa28 #1).

Now i can use the on/off button as i like without taking the battery out.

What the hell did vodafone with the nexus S??? I do not like it with ScLCD, when Paul O´Brien uses one with SAMOLED;)

Please help us poor vodafone customers - we love your mcr kitchens!

Thanks Bernd - and sorry about my english

Edited by berni4000

Guest fesar
Hi Paul,

since yesterday i tried various configurations of this R14 on my German Vodafone Nexus S. On each configuration i got the same result: When i press the off button i could never "reanimate" my Nexus S - just the 4 soft buttons are lighting - only way to use it is to take out battery and restart. :D

The only way for me to use it was the restore of my nandroid backup from the original vodafone firmware (Android-Version: 2.3.3; Baseband: I9023XXKB3; Build: GRI40; Kernel-Version: 2.6.35.7-g1d030a7 android-build@apa28 #1).

What the hell did vodafone with the nexus S??? I do not like it with ScLCD, when Paul O´Brien uses one with SAMOLED;)

Till Paul fixes this you can try out the CM7 RC2 and it works fine.

Guest arunshen
Hi Paul,

X2 - same problem here with a UK VF Nexus S - would dearly love to use MCR again, having been one of the early Hero MCR users

@Paul - any chance of a solution?

Like Bernd, I've also had to restore to Android-Version: 2.3.3; Baseband: I9023XXKB3; Build: GRI40; Kernel-Version: 2.6.35.7-g1d030a7 android-build@apa28 #1

Guest dee163

Will this build have the Notification Power bar widget? in the future?

X2 - same problem here with a UK VF Nexus S - would dearly love to use MCR again, having been one of the early Hero MCR users

@Paul - any chance of a solution?

Like Bernd, I've also had to restore to Android-Version: 2.3.3; Baseband: I9023XXKB3; Build: GRI40; Kernel-Version: 2.6.35.7-g1d030a7 android-build@apa28 #1

Guest guy.copy
My 'non colour temperature reverted' ROM should be fine on SLCD devices...

P

Same problem here on my Nexus S.

Any plans to fix this soon?

CM7 is nice, but I've been using MCRs since I've had my Desire, and gotten quite fond of them... :D

Guest Kyojis

Hi guys,

why is it impossible to download the rom? Whenever I try to, it's start downloading a .html 736B file which is impossible to open..

Where am I mistaking?

Thanks.. =((

Guest Kyojis

Hi guys,

why is it impossible to download the rom? Whenever I try to, it's start downloading a .html 736B file which is impossible to open..

Where am I mistaking?

Thanks.. =((

Guest Kyojis

Well now it works! =)

It was a chrome's issue: I did it with explorer and.. voilà! =)

Thanks! =)

Hi guys,

Where am I mistaking?

Thanks.. =((

Guest primmen

So, is anything happening with this?

I, like many others, suffer from the black-screen-after-sleep-issue.

Right now I'm stuck with CM, but I'd love to continue using Modaco rom's since they are the best, imo.

Would be great if Paul could set aside some time to fix this.

Br,

primmen

Guest lovelymanmk

Yes, Paul. This is the best rom for my nexus s in stabilty, battery, and Arabic support. However, I have one request you may consider in next updates if you don't mind and I hope that I'm not bothering:

in Arabic (specifically RTL), we use the mr. Ayman Al Sanad application from market (see www.ardoid.com). However, when it's Arabic, the first line in SMS and Gtalk always doesn't come exactly on right. This means some words of the first line comes under the contact picture. Upon talking with Ayman regarding this issue, he said this is caused by the SMS application itself. We'd highly appreciate your help here if possible.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest arunshen
I hope I don't come across as ungrateful but it's been over a month since any updates on this project. Is it dead now?

Ungrateful? I really don't think so, as an Ad Free member like you I'd expect a slightly better response level from Paul. It's not like we're asking for him to fix HTC Hero issues, this is a new device ...

A number of us are waiting for Paul to fix MCR for Vodafone Nexus S ...

Guest hueythecat

Nice work Paul

FYI current cyanogen mod 7 nightly build (crespo 41) on my Nexus S

quadrant score = 1445 (and plenty of things crashing)

Latest Modaco Rom on my Nexus S

quadrant score = 2448

Guest Joshua Lim

Paul,

I do not expect much, but can we have you update the online kitchen to meet the updates.

Its been a really long time since I see a update.

Hope NEXUS S is still getting your attention.

Guest Mr.Clark
Paul,

I do not expect much, but can we have you update the online kitchen to meet the updates.

Its been a really long time since I see a update.

Hope NEXUS S is still getting your attention.

I love updates as much as the next geek, but as far as I'm aware, there hasn't been an Android update since 2.3.3, which the MoDaCo ROM is already using.

Guest guy.copy
I love updates as much as the next geek, but as far as I'm aware, there hasn't been an Android update since 2.3.3, which the MoDaCo ROM is already using.

I believe he means the compatibility update for i9023, the European version of the Nexus S.

All of us i9023 owners simply can't use the MCR.

Oh well, time to move on.