08 Aug Gr15 GRJ22: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Nexus S with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Note that to flash this ROM you MUST be using 3.0.0.0 or above of ClockworkMod recovery. You can flash this via ROM Manager, or using 'fastboot flash recovery' by downloading the image from here.

P

Guest RickyG3188
Ah, possibly...

Think the original rooting guides linked to an older 2.3.something version?

*flashes latest* Ah yes, very different!

Ok, let's try again...

Right, yes, it's taking a lot longer to flash now!

*reboots*

Yup! Look's good.

So - anyone else - make sure you update your Recovery to 3.0.0.0. I did mine via ROM Manager (since the phone was already root'd) so took 10 secs. Nice and easy.

Thanks bro, that's exactly what was happening to me. Problem fixed now

Hrm when I try to download from my phone the file size is like 650kb. Am I doing something wrong because I know that's not right on my end.

Edit: maybe that is what people are flashing?

Same was happening to me so I just downloaded it off my computer and transferred it via usb

Guest GodDriven
Thanks bro, that's exactly what was happening to me. Problem fixed now

Same was happening to me so I just downloaded it off my computer and transferred it via usb

Is anybody else having flashing error's with 3.0.0.0? When I try and update from r1 I get an aborted message.. :)

I downloaded from the site via the device since I can't download and transfer via my work computer. Extra ;)

Edited by GodDriven

Guest MistaJae
Ah, possibly...

Think the original rooting guides linked to an older 2.3.something version?

*flashes latest* Ah yes, very different!

Ok, let's try again...

Right, yes, it's taking a lot longer to flash now!

*reboots*

Yup! Look's good.

So - anyone else - make sure you update your Recovery to 3.0.0.0. I did mine via ROM Manager (since the phone was already root'd) so took 10 secs. Nice and easy.

Confirmed.

I also updated my recovery to Clockwork 3.0.0.0 and r2 has installed fine and booted properly. The problem seems to be with Clockwork Recovery 2.5.1.8.

Thanks guys!

Guest GodDriven

Still getting " (bad) Installation Aborted " when trying to install :-( With CW 3.0.0.0

I also see it shows 698 bytes when I download, is it suppose to be this small? Or could it be that I am downloading from the Nexus?

I'm sorry I'm searching the thread and don't see anyone else having thsi same issue.. Guess I will try this when I get to an "Official CPU"

Edited by GodDriven

Guest MistaJae
Still getting " (bad) Installation Aborted " when trying to install :-( With CW 3.0.0.0

I also see it shows 698 bytes when I download, is it suppose to be this small? Or could it be that I am downloading from the Nexus?

I'm sorry I'm searching the thread and don't see anyone else having thsi same issue.. Guess I will try this when I get to an "Official CPU"

The file I downloaded was 93.1MB. You may want to try and download it from a computer instead

Guest GodDriven
The file I downloaded was 93.1MB. You may want to try and download it from a computer instead

Thank You.. Thank You... :D

I figured it was something like that.. It has always happened.. Ever since the N1 ;) Paul must be ashamed of me.. smh.. :)

Guest GodDriven
This ROM is fast & smooth. Not come across any issues yet. Everything seems to work just fine!

Thanks Paul, you are a legend!

After the update with the EXT addition :D Data seems to be more consistent and faster. Applications open faster and caching time is highly reduced. ;)

Thanks P :)

Can anyone tell me what the benchmark app is that Paul has shown a screenshot of?

Loving the speed of my nexus s. Shame it's so large though. Can't wait to try this Rom.

Guest Dope M.S.R.

Any one having a market issue? I am in USA and after i have installed r2 I seem to not be able to download g4tv's app... also then any idea how to fix??? other then that awesome ROM!!!

Any one having a market issue? I am in USA and after i have installed r2 I seem to not be able to download g4tv's app... also then any idea how to fix??? other then that awesome ROM!!!

can confirm market issue unable to see g4tv or nytimes. also flash gives green screen and no video. for a wip, great start to gbread custom rom. no issues worth going back to stock. looking forward to r3. thanks paul.

E/Web Console(  718):  at :0

E/Web Console(  718): Unable to post message to http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net. Recipient has origin http://www.shadownet.info.

D/flashplayer(  718): FlashPaintSurface is RGB_565 (not OpenGL)

E/Web Console(  718):  at :1

E/Web Console(  718): Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL http://www.shadownet.info/channels/usa/fox-news.html from frame with URL http://view.atdmt.com/SLC/iview/285969540/direct/01/448162186?click=http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/aclk%3Fsa%3DL%26ai%3DB9Ps9ZzYUTdixM5f0jASUr-mKCNaX1-0BrsmHgRvW08T6QtDbtwEQARgBIO--ig84AFDkpYD6BGDJxv-GyKOQGbIBEnd3dy5zaGFkb3duZXQuaW5mb7oBCTQ2OHg2MF9hc8gBCdoBNGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuc2hhZG9

bmV0LmluZm8vY2hhbm5lbHMvdXNhL2ZveC1uZXdzLmh0bWy4AhjAAgTIAu6hqBioAwHRA6FOIG_jDD5g

AMQ6APnAvUDAAACxPUDIAAAAA%26num%3D1%26sig%3DAGiWqty-XvNVBy0llI8yhgka6JZkI4Xufw%26client%3Dca-pub-5958821561171497%26adurl%3D. Domains, protocols and ports must match.

D/dalvikvm(  718): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 814K, 53% free 3317K/7047K, external 2487K/2696K, paused 43ms

D/AudioHardware(   90): AudioHardware pcm playback is exiting standby.

W/AudioFlinger(   90): write blocked for 141 msecs, 1 delayed writes, thread 0xcb10

D/dalvikvm(  117): GC_CONCURRENT freed 2045K, 48% free 6101K/11591K, external 5476K/6292K, paused 9ms+19ms

D/dalvikvm(  117): GC_CONCURRENT freed 2036K, 49% free 6023K/11591K, external 5476K/6292K, paused 9ms+7ms

D/dalvikvm(  117): GC_CONCURRENT freed 2009K, 49% free 6027K/11591K, external 5476K/6292K, paused 5ms+28ms

W/webview (  718): Miss a drag as we are waiting for WebCore's response for touch down.

D/dalvikvm(  718): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 1122K, 55% free 3370K/7431K, external 2487K/2696K, paused 39ms

W/webview (  718): Miss a drag as we are waiting for WebCore's response for touch down.

D/dalvikvm(  897): GC_EXPLICIT freed 20K, 53% free 2562K/5379K, external 1625K/2137K, paused 692ms

D/AudioHardware(   90): AudioHardware pcm playback is going to standby.

I/OMXCodec(  718): [OMX.SEC.AVC.Decoder] allocating 5 buffers of size 115200 on input port

There is an issue with the build fingerprint on GRH78 (in stock, and therefore my mod too). I'm going to put a kitchen up today so i'll add a 'use GRH55 fingerprint' option. :(

P

Guest Dope M.S.R.
There is an issue with the build fingerprint on GRH78 (in stock, and therefore my mod too). I'm going to put a kitchen up today so i'll add a 'use GRH55 fingerprint' option. :(

P

Yea I just saw the post on xda. And thank you. Hopefully Google will get that fixed soon. Until then thx for the rom!!!

Kitchen is online, complete with GRH55 fingerprint option. This will NOT nag you about an update being available. :(

I'll tidy up the first post and provide additional prebakes after Christmas. ;)

P

Guest tone-fu
Kitchen is online, complete with GRH55 fingerprint option. This will NOT nag you about an update being available. :(

I'll tidy up the first post and provide additional prebakes after Christmas. ;)

P

Thanks for your hard work, Paul.

Just installed via the kitchen and ticked the GRH55 option but still got the update nag immediately.

Guest KenAnthony
Thanks for your hard work, Paul.

Just installed via the kitchen and ticked the GRH55 option but still got the update nag immediately.

Had the same thing happen... all i did was accept the install when it re booted and starting the process i pulled the battery and stopped it... put battery back in booted back up like normal and have been running for about 4-5 hours and havent had it pop up yet... and everything is just like when i flashed using the rom in the kitchen!!

Guest beetlejelly

Paul, this is great thanks!

Has anyone noticed that the google maps app has become unstable? The first issue I noticed was that when I went from portrait to lanscape, the top bar disappeared and/or turned black. The next issue, is that the little blue arrow (compass) seems to be swirling back and forth.

Guest tone-fu
Had the same thing happen... all i did was accept the install when it re booted and starting the process i pulled the battery and stopped it... put battery back in booted back up like normal and have been running for about 4-5 hours and havent had it pop up yet... and everything is just like when i flashed using the rom in the kitchen!!

Yeah, I ended up doing the same thing. All fine so far.