Cannot flash any ROMs to T-mobile Pulse (U8220).

Guest ErlendD

Guest ErlendD

Hi,

I have a T-mobile Pulse, u8220. I've kind of become fed up with the lack of any kind of an update from T-mobile / Huwaei, so I want to install Cyanogenmod 6.1 for Pulse.

I should say first that I'm currently running the T-mobile 2.1 UK upgrade, which was available on the T-mobile site but has since been removed because of some issue. When I boot into bootloader I get

USB FastBoot: V0.5

Machine ID:  1007000 v0

Build Date: Jun 30 2010, 23:25:17

ptn 0 name='boot' start=304 len=20

(there are a total of 6 ptns)

When I'm in this screen I run "install-recovery-windows.bat" from Clockwork. It says that about 3MB is traferred to the phone, so I remove the battery and reboot into the bootloader, however I just get the blue screen again - so the Clockwork ROM clearly hasn't been traferred properly.

I have tried from a Linux (Ubuntu) machine but then adb won't list the phone while it's in fastboot mode. I guess it isn't safe to flash the phone while it's booted normally?

Thanks.

Edited by ErlendD

Guest Fusion0306
Hi,

I have a T-mobile Pulse, u8220. I've kind of become fed up with the lack of any kind of an update from T-mobile / Huwaei, so I want to install Cyanogenmod 6.1 for Pulse.

I should say first that I'm currently running the T-mobile 2.1 UK upgrade, which was available on the T-mobile site but has since been removed because of some issue. When I boot into bootloader I get

USB FastBoot: V0.5

Machine ID:  1007000 v0

Build Date: Jun 30 2010, 23:25:17

ptn 0 name='boot' start=304 len=20

(there are a total of 6 ptns)

When I'm in this screen I run "install-recovery-windows.bat" from Clockwork. It says that about 3MB is traferred to the phone, so I remove the battery and reboot into the bootloader, however I just get the blue screen again - so the Clockwork ROM clearly hasn't been traferred properly.

I have tried from a Linux (Ubuntu) machine but then adb won't list the phone while it's in fastboot mode. I guess it isn't safe to flash the phone while it's booted normally?

Thanks.

FASTBOOT - power on while holding RED Button+Volume Down

RECOVERY - power on while holding RED Button+Menu

Fastboot - blue screen, and clockwork is an custom RECOVERY image

Oh, yeah... And read the GUIDE!!!

First read, then ask!

Edited by Paul

Guest ErlendD

Thanks very much for your help Fusion, I had assumed fastboot and recovery were the same thing :s.

I'm up and running now with CyanogenMod and it's incredible.

Didn't want to start new thread. Have similar problem - can't flash most ROMs - I get

E: Can't symlink /system/xbin/[

E: Failure at line 12:

symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/[
However managed to install some small ROMs - FLB 1.1 or something, don't remember exactly, less then 50M, as far as I remember. Superboot and recovery are installed, also found out during installing some 69 MB ROM such activity with memory: During install
/ # df -h

df -h

Filesystem			  Size		  Used	   Available   Use%  Mounted on

tmpfs					47.9M		 0		  47.9M	   0%	  /dev

/dev/block/mmcblk0p1	 1.4G		204.5M	 1.2G		15%	/sdcard

/dev/block/mtdblock2	  105.3M	 15.5M	  89.7M	   15%	/data

/dev/block/mtdblock1  85.0M	   57.6M	 27.4M		68%   /system
And after I get error in loading ROM
/ # df -h

df -h

Filesystem				   Size	  Used	   Available   Use%  Mounted on

tmpfs				   47.9M		 0		47.9M	   0%	 /dev

/dev/block/mmcblk0p1	 1.4G	204.5M	 1.2G		 15%	/sdcard

/dev/block/mtdblock2	105.3M	 15.5M	 89.7M	   15%	/data

/dev/block/mtdblock1  85.0M	 85.0M	  0		   100%  /system

/dev/block/mtdblock3	 20.0M	  1.2M	  18.8M		6%	 /cache

It also stays the same after wipe. Can anybody give any ideas where to look at?

P.S. Have Chinese U8220, got straightly from Huawei factory, however it doesn't seem to be U8220-6, according to anything written under battery

Guest Fusion0306
Didn't want to start new thread. Have similar problem - can't flash most ROMs - I get

However managed to install some small ROMs - FLB 1.1 or something, don't remember exactly, less then 50M, as far as I remember. Superboot and recovery are installed, also found out during installing some 69 MB ROM such activity with memory: During install
/ # df -h

df -h

Filesystem			  Size		  Used	   Available   Use%  Mounted on

tmpfs					47.9M		 0		  47.9M	   0%	  /dev

/dev/block/mmcblk0p1	 1.4G		204.5M	 1.2G		15%	/sdcard

/dev/block/mtdblock2	  105.3M	 15.5M	  89.7M	   15%	/data

/dev/block/mtdblock1  85.0M	   57.6M	 27.4M		68%   /system
And after I get error in loading ROM
/ # df -h

df -h

Filesystem				   Size	  Used	   Available   Use%  Mounted on

tmpfs				   47.9M		 0		47.9M	   0%	 /dev

/dev/block/mmcblk0p1	 1.4G	204.5M	 1.2G		 15%	/sdcard

/dev/block/mtdblock2	105.3M	 15.5M	 89.7M	   15%	/data

/dev/block/mtdblock1  85.0M	 85.0M	  0		   100%  /system

/dev/block/mtdblock3	 20.0M	  1.2M	  18.8M		6%	 /cache

It also stays the same after wipe. Can anybody give any ideas where to look at?

P.S. Have Chinese U8220, got straightly from Huawei factory, however it doesn't seem to be U8220-6, according to anything written under battery

Do you have Clockwork installed?

Guest starkos

Your filesystem sizes aren't suitable for the majority of the current roms such as CM6. Your /system is 85mb & /data is 105mb, where as if you were on the official T-mobile Uk 2.1 update then it would be 100mb & 90mb.

I have no idea if the UK 2.1 or any other 2.1 for that matter would work on your phone so I can't advise it, hopefully someone who has the exact same model can share there experiences...

Do you have Clockwork installed?

Now yes - it' s the same, but Error is in line 9 :( Is there some script applied, where I can look at?

Your filesystem sizes aren't suitable for the majority of the current roms such as CM6. Your /system is 85mb & /data is 105mb, where as if you were on the official T-mobile Uk 2.1 update then it would be 100mb & 90mb.

I have no idea if the UK 2.1 or any other 2.1 for that matter would work on your phone so I can't advise it, hopefully someone who has the exact same model can share there experiences...

May be there is sense to change it? I really doubt, that there are different hardware on different U8220s

Guest ErlendD

I also have a U8220 and I applied the official T-Mobile 2.1 update (which was later removed from their website due to some issues). The 2.1 ROM worked on my phone.