[RECOVERY] : ClockworkMod Recovery for ZTE Blade [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404
I mean, did I make an obvious cockup at the terminal. I see it's written at least one block somewhere. What would you do next dear reader? lol :/

Apart from running an unfinished beta version of 2.2 firmware, based of the firmware from a device with different architecture from your device?

The V880 has a VERY different partition layout to the ZTE Blade, your using flash_image from a different *INCOMPATIBLE* device...

hopefully all you have done is screw up your recovery partition and not managed to corrupt your partition table or something much worse...

download fastboot and flash it that way.. if I where you I'd also do a full restore...

Guest tcpaulh

Thanks Sebastian. I saw people were having success flashing from the terminal and thought I was in the same boat. Clearly not. Perhaps this will be a warning to others.

Now it doesn't seem like a good idea to try and reboot into clockworkmod and do a restore that way so I'm gonna try and do a full restore from Titanium.

Fingers crossed.

Guest PeaNut_HU
Know issues:

None (?)

Resolved issues:

- ADBd working correctly

- Screen correct way up

- SDcard partitioning works as expected

Sorry for asking, may be a silly question, but are the mentioned issues resolved compared to Paul's 2.5.1.3 clokwork mod or you made earlier a another port or clockworkmod yourself? It is not clear to me sorry.

If i have my phone running smoothly is there any reason for me to upgrade to this version if the upside-down picture is not a problem for me ?

Thanks, and merry christmas!

Guest Sebastian404
Sorry for asking, may be a silly question, but are the mentioned issues resolved compared to Paul's 2.5.1.3 clokwork mod or you made earlier a another port or clockworkmod yourself? It is not clear to me sorry.

both really.. I built my own version of ClockWorkMod before and have been using it for a while since Paul's had issues with the (now unsupported) older update-scripts, plenty people pestered me about it, and since there was a updated version of ClockworkMod Recovery AND it was Christmas, I thought I'd let other people play with it.

Its still not 100% as I'd like it, there is a horribly nasty hack in there I'd like to remove, its just the OCD in me.

Guest fonix232

Hmmm...

I found a bug! A really nasty one!

The SD card formatting tool gives a name to the ext2 partition :S And so, it is called some weird stuff, same characters of a long line, and thus can not be mounted :S

Also, sebastian, why don't you contact koush to make your preferences into officially supported? Then we could use ROMManager to install ROMs and back up, etc :(

Guest fonix232
if 2.5.0.9 works for all roms, why upgrade to 2.5.1.3/8 which don't support all roms?

- Fixed screen orientation

- Fixed SD card formatting

- Better performance

- The knowledge that you have the latest stuff :(

Guest Master One

So I guess this is the version to go for then.

Someone mentioned "ROM Manager", and I have read that this is supposed to be a frontend for ClockworkMod.

Can "ROM Manager" be used with this version of ClockworkMod, and what are the benefits?

Guest StevenHarperUK
So I guess this is the version to go for then.

Someone mentioned "ROM Manager", and I have read that this is supposed to be a frontend for ClockworkMod.

Can "ROM Manager" be used with this version of ClockworkMod, and what are the benefits?

ROM Manager APP requires that the developer of the App (Rom Manager) supports the ZTE Device.

Currently they do not.

Guest Sebastian404
ROM Manager APP requires that the developer of the App (Rom Manager) supports the ZTE Device.

Currently they do not.

I think I read that Paul had talked to Koush about getting it in there....

Guest Sebastian404

BTW, to the guy who asked about EXT3 support.....

If I can find someone with a TFT device to test it out for me, I will give it ago when I get some free time ....

Guest fonix232
BTW, to the guy who asked about EXT3 support.....

If I can find someone with a TFT device to test it out for me, I will give it ago when I get some free time ....

After wednesday, I am all yours for testing :(

Guest lordofangels

As I already have Clockwork installed and Your r8,

is there any way to flash this new Clockwork using the old Clockwork all ready installed on my phone,

just like we do with upgrading the Roms.

Do I need to remove the old Clockwork somehow?

Thanks

Guest Sebastian404
As I already have Clockwork installed and Your r8,

is there any way to flash this new Clockwork using the old Clockwork all ready installed on my phone,

just like we do with upgrading the Roms.

Do I need to remove the old Clockwork somehow?

Thanks

Hmm, that is possible, I could produce one of those I guess....

I'll look into it later

Guest lordofangels
Hmm, that is possible, I could produce one of those I guess....

I'll look into it later

Thanks Seb,

If i were to do it myself, would I need to remove the installed Clockwork 1st though?

Saying that if you can produce an update for the Clockwork, that would be fantastic.

Many Thanks

LoA