[RECOVERY] : ClockworkMod Recovery for ZTE Blade [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest t0mm13b
well I'm not going to test it, it had a very simple user interface, I'm not surprised it wont scroll up/down more than 1 screens worth at one time...

you could raise it as a feature you'd like to see added, but don't be surprised to be told to 'fix it yourself'

Where's the source code for this? :unsure:

Guest Simon O

Hey Seb, any possibility of having EXT3 support to the kernel please? Theres a problem that when you partition the SD card for use with A2SD you can't mount, wipe or backup the ext partition in Clockwork recovery after a reboot. The 2.5.1.3 version that kallt_kaffe made works fine with the ext partitions. I tested partitioning through your recovery and through ROM Manager.

Guest Sebastian404
Hey Seb, any possibility of having EXT3 support to the kernel please? Theres a problem that when you partition the SD card for use with A2SD you can't mount, wipe or backup the ext partition in Clockwork recovery after a reboot. The 2.5.1.3 version that kallt_kaffe made works fine with the ext partitions. I tested partitioning through your recovery and through ROM Manager.

The current version does have EXT3 support... I cant remember who asked, but a few pages back it was very popular, so I added it...

its even been tested and worked :unsure:

Guest Simon O
The current version does have EXT3 support... I cant remember who asked, but a few pages back it was very popular, so I added it...

its even been tested and worked B)

DOH. That'll teach me for not reading the topic.. I downloaded 2.5.1.8 a couple of days ago and it didn't work. will flash the new 2.5.1.8 now :unsure: thanks

Guest Sebastian404
DOH. That'll teach me for not reading the topic.. I downloaded 2.5.1.8 a couple of days ago and it didn't work. will flash the new 2.5.1.8 now :unsure: thanks

to be honest, I was thinking about marking it as r2 or something... but I know thats going to be confusing.... some people seem to think that only 2.5.0.9 works....

Guest Simon O
to be honest, I was thinking about marking it as r2 or something... but I know thats going to be confusing.... some people seem to think that only 2.5.0.9 works....

I'm going to edit my ROM post to make it clear that people should be using 2.5.1.8 from now on as I'm adding A2SD from the next release. If people are still using 2.5.0.9 then they'll be unable to make nandroid backups...

Most ROMs have moved onto the new updater binary script so there are no excuses for people not to update. Having the screen the right way up is a big reason to upgrade :unsure:

Guest PeaNut_HU

Marking the "updated" 2.5.1.8 would be good because the hash/md5 for users previously downloaded it would surely make it confusing why the same name with changed content.

Maybe simply adding _ext3 to the name would do best, just my 2 cents :unsure:

Also it woudl be really good if your thread would be stickied besides the other clockworkmod thread, or even replace that thread for new users to be found easier.

Edited by PeaNut_HU

Guest Sebastian404
I'm going to edit my ROM post to make it clear that people should be using 2.5.1.8 from now on as I'm adding A2SD from the next release. If people are still using 2.5.0.9 then they'll be unable to make nandroid backups...

Most ROMs have moved onto the new updater binary script so there are no excuses for people not to update. Having the screen the right way up is a big reason to upgrade :unsure:

Let me know if you run into any problems. I don't really use EXT3, and while I've made a EXT partition on a scratch memory card, and it seemed to work, I've not used it in anger... tho others apparently are happy with .

Guest Simon O
Let me know if you run into any problems. I don't really use EXT3, and while I've made a EXT partition on a scratch memory card, and it seemed to work, I've not used it in anger... tho others apparently are happy with .

Well it's detected the partition fine and can mount it. Not tried a nandroid yet but I'll do that tomorrow through recovery and rom manager.

Guest Torque Monster

I would need some help please if you can!

When I would like to run "fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery_clockwork_2.5.1.8_blade.img" form command window I get unknown error!

All it says is:

sending 'recovery' <3544 KB>... FAILED <command write failed <Unknown error>>

Please bear with me as I'm doing this for the firs time. I tried to read all I could but now I don't know how to proceed from here on.

Guest mikegeorge

How would I go qabout removing ClockWorkMod from the phone to return the phone 'fully' back to 'as delivered' state. (Ihave sucessfully re-flashed back to the stock Rom.

Thanks.

Mike

Guest aeronic

Hi there,

I'm trying to apply the clockwork mod to my SF but having problems with fastboot.

I have installed the JDK, installed the android SDK, added tools to my path, but it keeps giving the error of AdbWinApi.dll missing.

This even happens if i navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk-windows\tools" and run fastboot.exe from there.

I'm sure this has happened to other people, and would appreciate any ideas that people have.

Thanks.

Guest aeronic
Hi there,

I'm trying to apply the clockwork mod to my SF but having problems with fastboot.

I have installed the JDK, installed the android SDK, added tools to my path, but it keeps giving the error of AdbWinApi.dll missing.

This even happens if i navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk-windows\tools" and run fastboot.exe from there.

I'm sure this has happened to other people, and would appreciate any ideas that people have.

Thanks.

Fixed by downloading drivers from http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-64-bit-and-adb

Guest dorren

Noob alert here,

The problem below is fixed by using other partitioning :unsure:

The problem I have is that with an ext3 partition of 1024 and swap 256 the rom installed at partitioning (KK JJ4) and the other rom i tried (KK FF5) didnt seem to be able to start after 20 min i removed the battery. When I changed the size to 512/0 there is no problem of booting KK FF5.

Just wanted to tell you if it is important to know, if it is useless info then ignore B)

/Erik

Guest Arr Too
I get error: cannot load 'recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.8-blade.img'. What am I doing wrong?

Possibly because the file is actually 'recovery_clockwork_2.5.1.8_blade.img' (note: underscores not hyphens). I don't know why there's a discrepancy in the instructions in the first post. :unsure:

Guest hecatae
Possibly because the file is actually 'recovery_clockwork_2.5.1.8_blade.img' (note: underscores not hyphens). I don't know why there's a discrepancy in the instructions in the first post. :unsure:

the 2nd revision is _ underscores instead of - hyphens like the first revision of 2.5.1.8