how to fix sf..?

Guest bigwall1

Guest bigwall1

hi all,my secondhand sf wont start clockwork with volume button..?

i cant remove account with full data reset or any other way,i dont thinkits even doing a reset all apps are still there...

do i have to re-flash it..?

any other info in my previous posts...

do i need clockwork to do the flash...?

somethings obviously not right maybe i should have just bought a new tft..!

if i do have to flash it,could there be problems seeing as its already been done,i dont know which one with,clockwork dosent start and things are obviously not right/corrupt etc..

i couldnt sign in with a new account added either,should i be able to sign in while using wifi,i dont know where to input the asda data connection information cany find anywhere to input this...

sorry for asking but im doomed without help..!

cheers cliff...

Guest korky69

i cant remove account with full data reset or any other way,i dont thinkits even doing a reset all apps are still there...

if i do have to flash it,could there be problems seeing as its already been done,i dont know which one with,clockwork dosent start and things are obviously not right/corrupt etc..

i couldnt sign in with a new account added either,should i be able to sign in while using wifi,i dont know where to input the asda data connection information cany find anywhere to input this...

cheers cliff...

just posted a similar reply....i'm a complete novice, got stuck and eventually flashed again with an older clockwork version and installed a rom ok.

i thought id buggered up my phone but got there in the end, i think its half the fun trying to search the remedy, though i was ready for lobbing it against a wall!

as for the accounts, i assume you mean the app market, the hedgehog rom worked ok, thought id try another rom and it wont sign me in, wifi or mobile t'internet??

come xmas 2011 all men who have a blade will be bald ;-)

Guest bigwall1

cheers cliff...

while reading ont tinternet i recongnised 2 apps on my phone which i didnt realise might be important,,,

superuser

superuser permissions

busybox

busybox installer...

ive not seen these mentioned on this forum...?

thanks cliff

Guest El Nino9

EDIT: ignore the below LOL i just read your post saying you have super user already installed. so just install rom manager from market or koush site and reinstall a recovery for the blade :( because i am extra nice, attached is an .apk file you can use with the file manager. it is the FREE version and not the donate version.

note as i am unable to upload .apk files on this site for some reason, i have put it in a folder called rm and zipped that so if you unzip the rom folder you will get a file named RomManager.apk, install that and install recovery

boot into fastboot. it will look as if it has frozen on the green android (or network logo depending on which version you have)

you can do this by holding volume up and power and keep holding it until it has booted up. by this i mean the above, just an image. you can do this if you have set up fastboot to run from path, but if you haven't you will have to cd to the directiory, depending what OS you are running,

paul as packed up a nice fastboot kit for different OS's -fastboot

source

flash clockworks mod with the instructions from that link. its quiet simple. DO NOT USER SUPERBOOT!!!

once you have done that wait a few minutes and then switch the phone off. fastboot should tell you if the flashing of the recovery is finished in your CMD or terminal, after that it is safe to reboot. use the following command. fastboot-[name of os] reboot

you will reboot in android. now you can type once android has booted the adb command if you have that installed. adb reboot recovery

once that is done you should be in CWM recovery

you can wipe from there, you can install custom rom from there.

still have problems post here and PM me if you want me to look at the thread lol i can't keep a track of where i post otherwise ;)

personally i like to wipe from fastboot cos im boring like that but hey that isn't for everyone ;)

peace and love

merry christmas to all that cebr8 ;)

and all to those that don't still peace and love, have a nice day

RM.zip

Edited by Paul