16GB SD cards that definitely work

Guest stanno

Guest herbieuk
This may help:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...d-anyone-tried/

There appears to be a hardware fault in the Qualcomm chipset for earlier versions of Blade ZTE that means they don't work with some higher speed memory cards.

This would explain why my wifes blade works great with all the cards i have but mine will only work with the Play Sandisk 16gb. Shame hers is white or i could have swopped it :D). Would be useful if the serial number ranges of the old chipset vs new chipset were available for all on here so people could choose a) to buy any card if new chipset b)send phone back if old chipset c)buy a play sandisk class 4 if old chipset.

Guest nightdrive
there are users having problem with kingston cards

seems to be a luck

My Kingston appeared to be OK at first. It took 2 weeks before I got my first 'SD Card Unexpectedly removed' message :D

Guest GeoffMills
I'm using THIS ONE.

£15.99 including delivery to the uk. Class 4.

Works perfect with pauls alpha4 froyo rom with a2sd+ :huh:

EDIT: for the record my blade is a B08/TFT model.

I bought this one too.

Also from 7DayShop.com

Dane-Elec Micro SD High Capacity (MICRO SD-HC) Memory Card - 16GB - Class 4

Tried all variations of formatting and sequences.

Not working in the SF. Works in the computer.

Regards,

Geoff Mills

Guest Alisonjaynek

I am new to this so pardon my inexperience.

I bought the Play 16gb on your recommendations but it keeps unmounting. Is there something I should have done first before copying files across? I keep seeing posts about installing but thought it would just work "out of the box".

Guest Kurdt Kobain

I can't make my mind up which to go for between the class 4 Sandisk 16Gb for £16 from Play or the class 4 Lexar 16Gb also from Play but slightly cheaper at £14.50

Need two of them. One for me and one for my gf.

Any ideas anyone? Shoud I plump for the popular Sandisk or try and save a couple of bob with the Lexar?

Guest JolyonS
Just a note to say that I got the SanDisk 16GB microSDHC Memory Card from Amazon for £13.99 and it seems to work perfectly (with my white UK TFT Blade).

I did the same and it's fine in my grey OLED OSF.

The other card which my blade refused to have anything to do with is happily working in my Nokia E71.

Guest twatter
sure does, just put one of these in...16 gig class 10 micro sd card

backed up original 2 gig, formatted 16 gig with clockwork, replaced backup files

working perfectly :)

Yes it worked for me as well, It was originally on this thread....and it is a class 10 card for 20 pounds :huh:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...lass-10-p19-95/

Some more comments on hotdeals

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/memory-16g...9/865388?page=3

Note -- The link comes and goes depending on stock levels/current available

Regards

Edited by twatter

Guest tomdubs

Hey guys, I bought a 8gb Kingston card which had the unmounting loop with it, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me a 8gb card that works in the original oled batch

Guest shmacks

Apologies for asking but i've had no luck finding the the answers for these questions using the search.

Just got a new class 10 card and was wondering:

1. How do you go about formatting it to work with the phone is there a guide for it? I've got clockwork installed if that makes a difference

2. What app are you guys using for speeds tests? I would really like to check that it is class 10.

Guest twatter
Apologies for asking but i've had no luck finding the the answers for these questions using the search.

Just got a new class 10 card and was wondering:

1. How do you go about formatting it to work with the phone is there a guide for it? I've got clockwork installed if that makes a difference

2. What app are you guys using for speeds tests? I would really like to check that it is class 10.

The card should just work in the phone....If not, format the card in windows as FAT 32 (should be the default option)...I believe there is a format option in the phone but I've never used it

To test the speed checkout Post31 in the following link

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/331...p19-95/page/20/

Guest shmacks
The card should just work in the phone....If not, format the card in windows as FAT 32 (should be the default option)...I believe there is a format option in the phone but I've never used it

To test the speed checkout Post31 in the following link

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/331...p19-95/page/20/

Thanks a lot for that. Fingers crossed now that the card is at least class 10, otherwise refund via paypal time on ebay.

Guest jrknight45

I've just bought the 16Gb Memory 2 Go from Memory Bits and it's working fine on my San Francisco. I'm using the stock Orange ROM.

I simply copied all the files off the 2Gb card onto my laptop and then copied them back to the 16Gb card, put the card into the 'phone and then voila, it worked. :(

Edited by jrknight45

So Android is chewing cards then ?

I think it is Android. I dont have any problems at all with my Kingston 16GB class 4 when performing ClockworkRecoverymod backups, which pushes about 340MB of data to the card in pretty decent time. Also restored the backups a few times with no problems following a failed ROM upgrade (because I couldnt restore data from Titanium Backup as SD card kept unmounting!)

As soon as I try and do a bit of heavy read/write from within Android, more often than not I get "SD card unmounted unexpectedly"

Edited by b6x

Guest aliaird

I bought the Class 10 16GB from lowrpicememory and it was fine.

Until yesterday! It lasted about 6 days then failed completely, phone cant read it, PC cant read it, so sending it back to be replaced. Hope it is a one off problem!