16GB SD cards that definitely work

Guest stanno

Guest hmcguirk

Does anyone know WHY some cards don't work so well? My suspicion is they get hot, so the data on them gradually gets corrupted. Which would mean that all cards are susceptible. But maybe some are better at taking the heat for longer.

Ive got two 16GB cards now. Not sure what brand, but both are legit big-brand names. And noticed corruption on both after a few months.

I wonder is the SdCard on the blade placed particularly badly wrt heat generated in the device, compared to other devices...

Anyway, because I dont trust ANY card, Ive got a strict backup regime going now, using various schedules, e.g. SMSBackup, Titanium Backup, with DropBox/Dropspace.

Guest eirlysbill1

Does anyone know WHY some cards don't work so well? My suspicion is they get hot, so the data on them gradually gets corrupted. Which would mean that all cards are susceptible. But maybe some are better at taking the heat for longer.

Hi All,

Been watching this thread for awhile and I thought I ought to but my oar in too. I didn't comment before because, my card works most of the time; and I was thinking that most of the problems with the SD cards, found in the forum, were if the card simply worked or didn't work.

My problem has never been like that. Its more like the heat problem that some are talking about. And, what I get is unplanned dismounts and phone crashes. But only, when under load. Like big downloads 10-30MB (like Ivona speech module, and Co-Pilot Satnav) I also get dismounts when using the Satnav as well. Originally, I suspected heat, cause of the heavy use, and the car charger being plugged in as well (which makes good bit of heat) But, just this weekend, it crashed without the charger in.

So, besides these two issues: big downloads, and memory heavy usage; I have no problems.

These problems happened when the phone was Gen1 and after a Gen2 TPT. The phone was bought about a year ago in the UK from Orange and it is OLED. I have run FLB Froyo r11, and now Moldovan Mountain Pie RLS4. The problems happened on both roms and both gens. The only common denominator that I can think of is the micro SD card. It is a "MyMemory" 16GB, class 6.

I have gotten sick of the problem, cause it ain't no fun when the phone crashes when using Satnav in the middle of London. (that kinda thing can cause a divorce) smile.gif So, since my wife and really do love each other, I've got a Sandisk 16GB class 4 coming this week. I'll try it and get back, but I have no plans for a long trip in the near future. So, I might not be able to test the Satnav crashes, right away.

Hope this helps.

All the best,

Bill

Edited by eirlysbill1

Guest unrandomsam

Has anybody tried a 32GB memory card with blade or skate?

I've got £25 paypal credit for ebay ;)

The 32GB lexar class 6 works but its pretty expensive (Dunno if fake Lexar stuff exists yet ...) - I tested it for about an hour

(From someone elses phone).

Guest unrandomsam

Ive got two 16GB cards now. Not sure what brand, but both are legit big-brand names. And noticed corruption on both after a few months.

I wonder is the SdCard on the blade placed particularly badly wrt heat generated in the device, compared to other devices...

Anyway, because I dont trust ANY card, Ive got a strict backup regime going now, using various schedules, e.g. SMSBackup, Titanium Backup, with DropBox/Dropspace.

Most cards that don't work are just badly made (or fakes).

Never yet had a problem with Lexar.

(Sandisk is too risky due to the amount of fakes (or hideously priced in high street shops).

Make sure you get one with a decent warranty. (Even not intending to use it - within reason don't pay stupid amount more).

Guest dadashi

sandisk 32GB is being sold for around £30 in ebay......the sellers have many positive writeups for the card, not a single accusation of fake cards only the usuall long delivery times and so on....

SanDisk 16GB class 4 from lowpricememory.co.uk, £10 and working fine :) I'd link to it on their site, but it looks like they've changed things up and aren't selling it any more :blink:

DIyG3.png

Guest eirlysbill1

SanDisk 16GB class 4 from lowpricememory.co.uk, £10 and working fine :) I'd link to it on their site, but it looks like they've changed things up and aren't selling it any more :blink:

The one I ordered is the same price (delivered)@ play.com (UK) The advert showed a class 4 card, but the item description doesn't mention "class". Should have it in the next day or two, so I can verify then it is as advertised. I'm hoping if its from play.com it ought to be genuine, as well, and not a fake sandisk card??

Edited by eirlysbill1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

TRANSCEND 16GB Class 10..... it works perfectly and A2SD apps run as smooth as the ones in internal memory...

how fast is the card, could you test it with antutu?

would be very interesting how fast our internal ZTE Card-Reader could be, because if its faster than the internal memory (maybe with class10 and up), then A2SDext would be very good!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aequalszero

I see that the Sandisk 16GB class4 cards (link) are still the most popular go-to choice for Blade users, but has anyone tried the newer class6 Sandisk Mobile Ultra cards (link)?

Are they stable in Blades? Are they faster? Come across any compatibility problems? Thanks!

Guest Chocolate Columbo

I''m using one of those Ultra ones. Been absolutely fine for the last few weeks. Got it from there when it was just under a tenner a couple weeks ago. It's a decent card.

Guest aequalszero

I''m using one of those Ultra ones. Been absolutely fine for the last few weeks. Got it from there when it was just under a tenner a couple weeks ago. It's a decent card.

Thanks dude. They seem to be on promotion quite often, I'm waiting for the next sub-£10 drop myself - just thought I'd check to see if there were any reported problems first!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HumaDroid

how fast is the card, could you test it with antutu?

would be very interesting how fast our internal ZTE Card-Reader could be, because if its faster than the internal memory (maybe with class10 and up), then A2SDext would be very good!

Is this good???

post-947203-0-47595400-1331463171_thumb.

Edited by HumaDroid