[ROM] 31/Dec r0.3: de-softened ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [froyo] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Weird Sun
No support of LED means what, this ROM won't work with OLED version of ZTE Blade? Sorry if I sound stupid.

No, it isn't that mean. Author means should be that your button LED light don't work, such as HOME, MENU, BACK button LED.

Guest PeaNut_HU

Thanks for the finalized version.

Mirrored here: http://www.wuala.com/peanut_hu/OSF_Blade/R...lade_signed.zip

If i can suggest one thing, set debug.sf.hw=0 to 1 (in build.prop) it really speeds up the launcher, it feels as if it has been overclocked :(

Also noticed stagefright is disabled which also helped increase performance in Paul's Froyo ROM, since its the same kernel it should help too (at least it did for me when i edited my own build.prop)

Thanks, and get some rest, you did a great progress. Hope the weather gonna be better soon so you can get back home ;)

Guest PeaNut_HU
Thanks gonna give it a try.

Out of interest will this release ever be using a non beta kernel?

Thanks for your hard work

I wouldn't say the kernel was beta, instead it is unofficial :(

I used Paul's Alpha4 ROM since it was released and had not have any problems (and for the moment it has the same kernel as this release).

So while noone states that this is 100% stable and final, it is still the most stable kernel to date, but i don't think the new kernel is far from release with all the bells and whistles working. Just be patient and wait.

Guest abbas_sheikh

Thanks sebs, this is really good and stable release, liking it. Any chance of including A2SD?

EDIT: Trying froyo's built in support atm.

Edited by abbas_sheikh

Guest veehexx
^Erm, that shows battery use, not cpu use.

It means the display is using most of the battery.

oh ffs - your right. im sure it USED to be CPU time, and not 'time on' time. ignore that post :S

also, a question to seb404:

i'm not really sure what i'm asking for here, but here goes:

i've been having issues with bluetooth connectivity to a certain device. so far, this 0.2 and the b05 offical orange rom works. no other rom will work correctly.

i suspect it's a simple case of bluetooth drivers. i know the ERD79 bluetooth drivers are know to have issues between the app and bluetooth device

however, all roms i've seen on modaco dont mention bluetooth driver update and/or kernel update, so based purely on that, things should work fine.

since you have a working non-operator rom for me, and short of indepth debuging, are you aware of what the issue maybe?

i'd love to find out what the exact issue is and what to look for in cooked roms, so i can avoid the ones that dont work.

any ideas?

Guest veehexx
Features

[*]Removed test Apps, programs & data left over during vendor 'testing/development'.

missed one; 'fcctest'. appbrain thinks it's installed :(

also, 'sdlog'. i've not seen it on 2.1 roms, so is this another test app....?

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
Can anyone comment on how GPS is?

Also,any reason why live wallpapers were left out?

GPS now works! Well, it locks onto a satellite now, anyway. And live wallpapers can be downloaded as an apk, I think.

Guest Gohst_oc

Sorry for these questions if they're stupid:

- What are the improvements compared to the older chinese leak and MoDaCo Alpha R4 Custom ROM?

- Did someone test with quadrant (pro), NeoCore and other Benchmark tools? I think I heard it's slow.

- 2G / 3G is working fine? No unwanted connection drops or strange behaviour?

And last but not least, is / will there be a possibility to overclock in this ROM?

Thanks for answers and please no stupid comments.

Edited by Gohst_oc

Sorry for these questions if they're stupid:

- What are the improvements compared to the older chinese leak and MoDaCo Alpha R4 Custom ROM?

- Did someone test with quadrant (pro), NeoCore and other Benchmark tools? I think I heard it's slow.

- 2G / 3G is working fine? No unwanted connection drops or strange behaviour?

And last but not least, is / will there be a possibility to overclock in this ROM?

Thanks for answers and please no stupid comments.

I think only the overclock question is stupid :(

The most important improvement is that it is based on a newer software version. For me it seems that uses memory more effectively than older Froyos.

2G/3G works for me.

Just out of interest, why won't the rom work with Clockwork version 2.5.1.3 ?

We still haven't had the story about v2.5.1.3 yet (that I've seen), it seemed to just appear, no mention of what was different to v2.5.0.9 and why we should use it. Then we started to see quite a few problems with it but still no real explanation. Best I can offer is it might be something to do with only properly supporting ROMs that come with an update-binary+updater-script compared to the older style single update-script but as I said I don't know too much about it there might be other reasons. ATM Seb seems to be sticking with the old style update-script in his alpha 2.2 releases and I've been flashing r0+r1 (just downloading r2 now) with v2.5.0.9 no probs (OLED).

Guest StevenHarperUK
ATM Seb seems to be sticking with the old style update-script in his alpha 2.2 releases and I've been flashing r0+r1 (just downloading r2 now) with v2.5.0.9 no probs (OLED).

Has anyone tried it with Seb's own build of 2.5.1.8 ?

Edited by StevenHarperUK

Guest southpaw1

great rom seb , many thanks , browser seems much quicker , gps solid and accurate , only issue i have noticed is few F/C`s today

“the application superuser (process com.noshufou.android.su) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again”

any ideas , had Ti state couldnt get su also