[ROM] 31/Dec r0.3: de-softened ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [froyo] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
great rom seb , many thanks , browser seems much quicker , gps solid and accurate , only issue i have noticed is few F/C`s today

“the application superuser (process com.noshufou.android.su) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again”

any ideas , had Ti state couldnt get su also

In my experience, Ti has always been a bit useless at getting Root, you just have to keep trying, but best thing to do is restart the phone, make SU forget Ti, and then start up Ti- usually works for me.

And just hope it doesn't force close

Wont work with ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.1.3

what will it work with for info ???

2.5.0.9 and 2.5.1.8 - they both have similarities, while 1.3 is a bit weird. I'm sure this was described earlier.

Guest Ricey155
2.5.0.9 and 2.5.1.8 - they both have similarities, while 1.3 is a bit weird. I'm sure this was described earlier.

sorry i was reading it from the start its just above derr apologies

sorry i was reading it from the start its just above derr apologies

S'alright, I do that sometimes, reply when I think i'm on the last page, miss a whole page of conversation.

Guest ergo911
all I want to know.lockscreen freeze. Is it gone or is it in kernel?

I didn't have them on Pauls Froyo a2-a3(2 weeks of use) and i haven't seen any freeze on that one also.

Hope its good for others also :(

Guest tcpaulh
Just as an update, it seems Im quite wrong about the LEDS, I've got an email and my backbutton is flashing away to let me know...

Different led I think. It's the backlights on menu and home (+back) that are physically not present in Japanese blade. At least that's my understanding.

Guest Ricey155

everything seems ok to me, except for an over active screen rotation (which is annoying) other than that so far so good

im glad the clockworkmod was a simple install via your zip file and rom installed nice and fast i much prefer the ANDROID logo :(

I've installed the rom, data connection only works for Gmail and Google Talk. Browser and Market don't work, I'm on T-mobile UK. Any ideas for this?

Thanks.

For me, Browser and Market works, Opera Mini and Email doesn't work.

For me, Browser and Market works, Opera Mini and Email doesn't work.

Everything works for me on the Japanese Jellyfish RLS1 rom but i'd rather get this one working as it's a smaller rom. Not sure if there any settings to check anywhere? wireless/data settings seem to be ok...

Guest Ricey155

ADVERTISING SPAM and appmarket both had forced crashes after installing the gingerbread theme for Pauls Alpha by Frankish with this ROM( i can't yet live without the thin circle mod so reverting back)

Guest PeaNut_HU
ADVERTISING SPAM and appmarket both had forced crashes after installing the gingerbread theme for Pauls Alpha by Frankish with this ROM( i can't yet live without the thin circle mod so reverting back)

Like the topic name already contains it is for Pauls froyo ROM and not any other... its written there. It uses older files for the theme than this new japanese based release has, so no suprise that it won't work.

Also Frankish's 1st post contains this too: "They will work on all releases until the actual base rom changes" and this _is_ a new base rom.

The topic creators don't just list the requirements because they like to type...

Of course you can always try, but then you shouldn't complain it does not work, when it's stated it won't.

Edited by PeaNut_HU

Guest ilovemyi900
I've installed the rom, data connection only works for Gmail and Google Talk. Browser and Market don't work, I'm on T-mobile UK. Any ideas for this?

Thanks.

Also having this issue (although I haven't tried GTalk), and also on T-Mobile UK... Going to try Japanese Jellyfish RLS1 to see if it helps.

Guest Ricey155

who's complaining ??

i tried it and it didnt work ive posted the fact and yes it does say but i wanted it so tried it, thus restored twice in last hour

but cheers for your post, tinkering is good or why bother ??

Like the topic name already contains it is for Pauls froyo ROM and not any other... its written there. It uses older files for the theme than this new japanese based release has, so no suprise that it won't work.

Also Frankish's 1st post contains this too: "They will work on all releases until the actual base rom changes" and this _is_ a new base rom.

The topic creators don't just list the requirements because they like to type...

Of course you can always try, but then you shouldn't complain it does not work, when it's stated it won't.

Guest chall32

Nice ROM.

Little bit more positive feed back:

1. Barnacle Wifi tether works just fine - http://www.appbrain.com/app/barnacle-wifi-...t.szym.barnacle (essential for me at mo as my phone line is down :( )

2. UOT Kitchen circle battery indicator also works fine - http://circle.glx.nl/ (Phew - I love that little guy! ;) )

3. Lastly (not sure if this has been mentioned) the ZTE lock screen is just a memory. Welcome back Froyo vanilla lock screen!

- Chris

Guest Frankish

If this rom proves to remove lockscreen freeze i will start the long and tedious process of porting my themes over :(

Also i wont use it until there is init.d support (for legacy a2sd) or is it already present in the boot.img?

This is the first time I have installed a ROM and it went smooth (I've been dreading flashing for weeks now). I am going to compare and contrast how this operates compared to my Stock Orange SF and what features are missing or added. But so far this is blistering fast and very very responsive.

Now I have the urge to install some of the other applications, themes, wallpapers and keyboards I have been eyeing up here :(

is it possible to change the lockscreen background in this rom??

Have you asked this in every thread in the blade section? It seems every thread I read has a post from you asking "can I change the lockscreen bg".

Lockscreen fetish?

Guest veehexx

been using this all day - so far so good - 100% stable.

there is one thing though:

is anyone experiencing higher data consumption when using non-gmail email? (in my case, exchange).

it's not unbearable, but i'd expect to see 1/4 of the bandwidth.

over 6 hours, it's taken 3mb total transfer (2mb upload) which is abnormal. initial sync was done via wifi, so it was only new changes that had to be synced; i've had no emails.

gmail sync is perfect, so just related to exchange...

Guest Len Ash
Have you asked this in every thread in the blade section? It seems every thread I read has a post from you asking "can I change the lockscreen bg".

Lockscreen fetish?

lol like it is THE number 1 necessity - dude probably has a Nokia