[ROM] 31/Dec r0.3: de-softened ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [froyo] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Hi,

Just updated, very smooth so far. touch screen seems more responsive or is it just me?

2 issues - No 3g data connection, even tried manually creating a new APN for T mobile and for some strange reason i can't view sim contacts (sorry started a new thread on this)

Just installed today looks very good!

A couple of things I've noticed:

Charging - the back button led is green when charging and then goes out when fully charged isn't this supposed to be red when charging and green when charged?

and for some strange reason i can't view sim contacts (sorry started a new thread on this)

I noticed some of my contacts missing as well. To get them back: in display options ensure that sim contacts are displayed and change the "view contact names as" setting this seemed to fix it for me.

Keyboard - the alpha 3/4 froyo rom keyboard had autocomplete suggestions which are missing in this rom. I replaced the /system/app/com.android.inputmethod.latin.apk with the LatinIME.apk from the alpha3 rom to get this working.

Guest Frankish
Nice ROM, 3G and WiFi working 100% - Thanks.

Is there any way to change the status bar to black ?

Check my theme thread on here! The themes work for this rom and for Japanese Jellyfish rom.

Guest Rotmann

Is there any chance to slow down the system with your theme? I am very tempted but i have read your description and I got a little unsecure because I love how fast and clean this ROM is, I would not want to spoil it :( With the black task bar it would be perfect.

Guest AcceptedWalnut

I'm not sure if certain apps can mess with WiFi but whatever i've installed seems to have completely fixed the blades wifi issue. It's now been connected constantly for at least 17 hours without a single drop or reconnection.

Soon as i unlock the phone the wifi's solid and ready to go, even after a 8 hour sleep over night. Haven't tried rebooting the phone to see if it goes back to how it was though.

Edited by AcceptedWalnut

Guest Len Ash
I'm not sure if certain apps can mess with WiFi but whatever i've installed seems to have completely fixed the blades wifi issue. It's now been connected constantly for at least 17 hours without a single drop or reconnection.

Soon as i unlock the phone the wifi's solid and ready to go, even after a 8 hour sleep over night. Haven't tried rebooting the phone to see if it goes back to how it was though.

None of tha provided apps would, but the WiFi folder has "differences", so might push it to my r4 build and try...

Edited by Len Ash

Guest AcceptedWalnut
None of tha provided apps would, but the WiFi folder has "differences", so might push it to my r4 build and try...

When i first flashed the rom i would get the constant reconnections of the wifi icon disappearing then reconnecting every single time i locked/unlocked the phone. Since i've put my own apps on the phone though this issue has gone so now the wifi never drops at all and works just like the GF's iphone does.

The only app i can think of that might have helped this is TuneIn Radio as that requires the WiFi even when locked to constantly stream the broadcasts.

Either way, i was slowly losing patience with this phone but this ROMS everything i could have hoped for and more.

Guest targetbsp
Charging - the back button led is green when charging and then goes out when fully charged isn't this supposed to be red when charging and green when charged?

On the stock rom, it's red when charging and battery is less than 95%. It's green when charging and battery is 95% or better. There's no indication as to when it's actually charged so if froyo goes out that's pretty handy!

Guest Mark Two

I experience some incompatibility with the T-Mobile network as reported by other posters. It seems to block any HTTP connection (e.g. Browser, Map, Market etc) while other connection types (GMail, GTalk) seem to be okay.

I manually added an APN using settings from the T-Mobile support webpage and it made no difference. I vaguely remember someone edited a string in the build.prop file to fix something similar but I can't find it anymore. Any idea?

Guest RagnarKarlsson

I installed the Clockwork v2.5.1.8 mod last night and then flashed this ROM.

Titanium backup let me pull in some data for apps I didn't want to lose/retype (notes etc) and sync to google worked perfectly. I'm on Orange so unlock wasn't needed for anything other than making this ROM work. 3G works fine and connection to wifi worked cleanly though I haven't had the time/checked if the wifi disconn problem I had on the modaco r3 ROM has been resolved.

So far I have had no major issues otherwise, the only item which I found strange was my screen would only dim and not turn off. A reboot was all that was needed to make this stop.

I have noticed a slight pick up in the data usage, but nothing excessive right now which I'm putting down to the apps I've reinstalled with appbrain bedding in etc.

Guest jasonXXx

Ok after testing a lot i have some little probs most allready mentioned

zte radio cuts out

backlight not work

super user app seems to have problems some times for example root explorer does not load fully as su is not giving perms but this only happens some times.

Good work seb thanks.

Guest StevenHarperUK
Ok after testing a lot i have some little probs most allready mentioned

zte radio cuts out

backlight not work

super user app seems to have problems some times for example root explorer does not load fully as su is not giving perms but this only happens some times.

Good work seb thanks.

2.2 ROMS have problems with FM Radio - a new App is in Development by andorko

Its basic but functional

Guest Rotmann
zte radio cuts out

backlight not work

This is typical for all 2.2 ROMS. Andorko makes a FM Radio program and the backlight is not (yet) supported in the kernel.

Guest southpaw1

tried this rom and very happy with it , dont like ti backups so gone back to previous rom (pauls froyo r4) wish to go back to this but

can anybody advise me how to pull installed apps using adb from my installed r4 rom , i have pulled apps from system/apps , but it only seems to pull the pre-installed apps that come with the rom , i was hoping to pull all apps (market apps etc i have installed),

any tips for a newbie welcome

tried this rom and very happy with it , dont like ti backups so gone back to previous rom (pauls froyo r4) wish to go back to this but

can anybody advise me how to pull installed apps using adb from my installed r4 rom , i have pulled apps from system/apps , but it only seems to pull the pre-installed apps that come with the rom , i was hoping to pull all apps (market apps etc i have installed),

any tips for a newbie welcome

Pull from /data/app.

+1 Best Froyo ROM at the moment, in terms of stability and fluidity.

Beats JJ which kept FC-ing everything with the annoying logo after the frequent battery resets.

Looking clean & sweet with an ElegantSteel Theme.

Linky here!

Edited by VJJ

Guest Rotmann

I could not have said it better ;) What theme do you mean? Sebastian, could you put the working FM Radio App in your next release? It's here. Thanks for the wonderful ROM, I have seen a lot of locked screen complaints on the Japanese Jellyfish thread, did not have one in 3-4 days of usage on 3 Sanfrans. :( woohooo

Edited by Rotmann

Guest Rotmann

@coolnec, it's 2.2, just get move2sd enabler from the market, it works perfect, no ext partition hassle! Just don't move your widgets, keyboard and system apps on the card.

Guest Coolnec
@coolnec, it's 2.2, just get move2sd enabler from the market, it works perfect, no ext partition hassle! Just don't move your widgets, keyboard and system apps on the card.

Ah... ok.

I already download the aplication from the market, but i just can move some of the aplications. is that normal?

Just another thing... when i plug the usb on the phone the screen goes dark and i have to take the battery of to turn the phone again.

Thanks for the quick reply!

:(