[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Never had such problem so I don't know. It worked in RLS8 for me and it works in RLS9 for me. But I suppose if there was anything wrong with the Chinese Mms.apk that was used in RLS8 then it might be fixed in RLS9 unless the error also exists in the AOSP 2.2 source.

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=9392 is the issue mentioned.

Guest asta na pan sto dialo
Try clearing the data for the three Contacts apps (Contacts, Contacts storage and Contacts sync adapter).

How wipe the data from the three Contacts apps?

Guest chall32

According to http://androidandme.com/2011/01/phones/upd...-android-2-2-2/ the SMS bug has been fixed....

Looks like there is a complied MMS.apk available here: http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...for-froyo-roms/

I've not tried it on my SF yet, just been Google-ing around!

I downloaded CM6 tree a few days ago. So I just applied the patches by hand, did make Mms (for passion) and pushed the output apk to LCR 1.1.2, and it seems to not break the phone. I pushed from recovery.

Anyways that's all to say that the fix can be backported to the relevant sections of 2.2 easily.

Fixes 'Notification goes to conv list' and 'Sms sent to wrong recipient' bugs. Also did this: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_pack...8d308a1fa3d4a0e

Now if someone who knows what they are doing do the same...

Basically it's Cyanogemod Mms Froyo package + d5d22194f33c47f61ffef62678d308a1fa3d4a0e + the 2 new patches.

Source: http://www.multiupload.com/BXBXCLFCX4

Patched Mms APK: http://www.multiupload.com/P2GI1ZEGPH

(I also rebuilt from Dream/Sapphire for my G1: http://www.multiupload.com/TUI816K9QM)

This should be making its way into custom ROMs soon... You can find out the details of the bugs in the patch links above. Not sure if this is even a good idea.

On the plus side, I think my MMS app just got Cyanogenmodized... Good night...

IqpDQ.png

Thanks for the ROM KK.

I've only just switched last night to using 2,2, using KK's JJR8 and haven't had any issues (apart from the slightly annoying 'Telefonica 02 UK...')

On 2.1 RLS4 I found an audio_booster.zip to boost the overall level of sound (including the speaker). Is there anything like this for JJ?

EDIT: I'm also wondering how to clear the contact data - I have an idea but don't wish to badword it up :lol:

Edited by jblz

Guest kallt_kaffe
This same problem happens for me, and I cleared all data while flashing hte ROM. I also did that, and it did not work.

DOH! The Smartdialer addon does not contain the old ContactsProvider.apk. If you flash the group_contacts addon first and then the smartdialer addon it should work. I'll fix and upload an update Smartdialer addon.

EDIT: New Smartdialer addon i first post!

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest limawhiskey
Remember to Wipe data/cache when installing the ROM. No wipe, no whine...

Is this something I need to do manually or does Clockwork take care of it? I'm using v2.5.1.8 and installing the firmware automatically.

Apologies if it's a daft question...

Edited by limawhiskey

Guest Blues003
DOH! The Smartdialer addon does not contain the old ContactsProvider.apk. If you flash the group_contacts addon first and then the smartdialer addon it should work. I'll fix and upload an update Smartdialer addon.

EDIT: New Smartdialer addon i first post!

I'll try it right now.

EDIT: Didn't fix it. The Phone app now opens, but closes when I try to import contacts from the SD Card. Also, when I try to get the contacts via GMail sync, the google.process.gapps FCs too.

Edited by Blues003

Guest Giuliano69

First of all, the due compliments for such a great work JJR9

:lol:

I read that the JJ ROM is the most used in forum and that JJ R6 improved battery life (initial problem).

One question about newest release:

Is the life of the battery now (JJR9) similar to other ROM, or the more gadgets used in JJ eat up the battery more quickly than the other ROMS ?

Edited by Giuliano69

Guest Blues003

I cleared all contact info, phone info, contact storage info, dialer info, bla bla bla info I could find related to the problem, and now it all works well. I'll let you know if something comes up.

Guest gameSTICKER
Is the life of the battery now (JJR9) similar to other ROM, or the more gadgets used in JJ eat up the battery more quickly than the other ROMS ?

Battery life is better than ever :lol: optionally just calibrate it once using bump charge method.

Edited by gameSTICKER

If I flash the ahb overclock and the hw ui addon and find it to power consuming, can I simply flash it over with "Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9"?

Assuming im already using rls 9 ofc.

Guest punkmilitia
Downloads

[*]Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9.zip (for normal Clockwork install) (118.6Mb system) MD5: 1698CF7AF9D130B02DDC471D089751D8

Thank you for releasing R9, looks like it has some fixes that I needed :lol:

Is it true that this will be the last one? Thanks again!

"When updating to RLS9 from RLS8 a full wipe is not needed but you must wipe data from the three Contacts related apps and resync your contacts. If unsure, do a full wipe".

EDIT: Answer found burried deep inside one of many, many pages of this thread. Apparently (and I'm assuming the answer was corrrect as given in the thread), the 3 contacts related apps are: Contacts, Contacts Storage, and contacts Sync Acapter, all under Settings---Applications---Manage Applications---All.

Thank you for that, I almost thought "oh crap, not another full wipe"

Not installed it yet because It might mess up my CardioTrainer stats for this week, but can't wait til I do install it.

Hmm,

if bluetooth is active and paired with my jabra bt200 Headset, and also wifi is on and used, i can literally see the percentage dropping off the circle battery.

I guess it's simply true, doing nothing with the phone, the battery lasts three or more days. But if you really use the smartphone what its purpose, then you have recharge the phone all day or better night. ;-)

Guest leetron1

Thank you,kk...RLS9 installed and working like a dream...

Sorry to hear its the end of the line for JJ...really does offer something to the amateur modder that isn't found elsewhere..

Looking forward to whatever you turn your hand to next... :lol:

Guest robinhud2010
can't you read two posts upp!? kallt kaffe clearly saying RLS9 is coming out today

sorry :lol: thought it was about rls8. Special thanks to kk for the quick release.

Downloading now... will let you know if I have any issues...

Guest PeterDreher

Have a Swiss OSF and JJ is awesome BUT:

Background light will be on full even i choose automatic until i CALL somebody. Automatic light will be fine, already while calling.

WIPE and Factory defaults of course.

Using Addons: hw_ui, Smartdialer, Overclocking

ANY Clue?

Edited by PeterDreher

Thank you,kk...RLS9 installed and working like a dream...

Sorry to hear its the end of the line for JJ...really does offer something to the amateur modder that isn't found elsewhere..

Looking forward to whatever you turn your hand to next... :lol:

End of JJ ? Where did you hear that ?

Guest Shrikey

Maybe someone can give me some tips here.

Ive just installed RL8 and ive got a few smallish problems. First off ill say that i wiped both caches and was as careful as possible with titanium when restoring various apps and data so that i only did missing or needed stuff.

1. Both text and email widget icons no longer show the new messages notification number on them.

2. Ive installed the 0x90 Mod and some of those features work but the main one i wanted was 'unlock with menu key' which isnt working.

3. OS scrolling like the contacts list, main apps list and settings all jump slightly when scrolling, imagine a set of window blinds with a couple of missing cogs in the roller mechanism. Things like astro file lists and LauncherPro scroll perfectly.

Ive also installed blackmenu-circlemod-JJRLS7 and RLS8_hw_ui and did them one at a time and the scrolling issue was present at all times, cant really say about the others.

4. Lastly, more of a general question really. Before i installed the ROM i partitioned the sd card using clockwork with a 512mb size and im not sure at all what this has done other than hide that part of the card. Are some apps automatically put onto it? Does the 'Move to SD' function in app management use this?

Thanks and sorry if i sound idiotish.

@Waaang

You've proved what many of us suspect. It is really frustrating to see the amount of cruft on these threads from people who can't be bothered to read even two or three pages back.

I say that the first post should be amended with "No search, no wipe, no whine".

Edited by weba