[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest spaceguy

i just have a question about booting up in recovery. first i had recovery 2.5.0.9 but after i installed the image version of RSL9 i suddenly have the RA-blade_v2.2.1 recovery instead.why?

Guest funiewski
i just have a question about booting up in recovery. first i had recovery 2.5.0.9 but after i installed the image version of RSL9 i suddenly have the RA-blade_v2.2.1 recovery instead.why?

bcs RA is included in the image

Guest MrPuddington
You've proved what many of us suspect. It is really frustrating to see the amount of cruft on these threads from people who can't be bothered to read even two or three pages back.

True, but you have to admit that a thread with 3000+ postings is not exactly easy to read. I think we would be better off with a forum for each ROM, and a thread for each version and maybe each issue.

I say that the first post should be amended with "No search, no wipe, no whine".

You can write that, but the search functions still sucks. Google is ok if you know how to use it, but it does not always have the latest postings.

Anyway, I am very sorry to hear that this is the latest version of JJ. I have the feeling that we got quite close to the "perfect ROM". Fixing a few issues here and there, and maybe adding one or two features, and it would be very close at least.

So is anybody carrying this work forward? Is the source code in a (git?) repository?

@Waaang

You've proved what many of us suspect. It is really frustrating to see the amount of cruft on these threads from people who can't be bothered to read even two or three pages back.

I say that the first post should be amended with "No search, no wipe, no whine".

ohh sorry , I actually red the first part of the post and stopped reading after a few lines while i thought the post only contained updates about rls 9.

So im sorry , my mistake.

Guest Blues003
Just updated and uploaded my Gingerbread theme for RLS9. Please test and report if it's working i;ve not had time to flash the rom and test yet!

I actually used the same theme I had used for RLS7... and so far it's working perfectly O_o

Guest Ralph Martin
IPv6 works fine for me using JJ7.

EDIT: "ip -o -f inet6 addr" works for me.

OK, I have just installed JJ Release 9, and IPv6 is now working well for me too.

Problem with playback shoutcast streams (WinAMP).

WinAMP cannot playback shoutcast.com streams. And in browser (shoutcast.com) after "click" on playlist appears error like "typeerror result of expression mcval.plsfun [undefined] not defined". :lol:

In other app (xiialive) all is OK, but I like winamp.

What's the matter?

Guest ThrashMan

Thanks for the new ROM :lol:

I installed ok but once I added the ADDON for SmartDialer "android.process.acore" crashes, seems to be when it tries to import contatcs from SIM card :)

Error can be recreated by manually trying to import contacts from SIM, can list contacts but crashes when you select "Done".

Edited by ThrashMan

Guest Pierreism

I love how it doesn't even seem like I NEED anything in the RLS9 upgrade. Everything from RLS8 here on out is pure icing on the cake!

And while I'm at it the battery life on this ROM has been fantastic, even more so than stock/normal if my daily usage is to be believed. The wifi sleep toggling really helps, and takes no time at all to restart on waking. bravo KK!

Guest ididmytime
The only problem I have with the rom is if I select a icon for a contact it still wont show the picture on the messages page.. I still see the grey andriod picture.

Which is fixed in RLS9.

Thank you for all the time and effort to do these revisions. I will no doubt be sticking with RLS9 for a very long time, as everything is working brilliantly.

Infact, I would only consider upgrading if the LED notification was FINALLY fixed by ZTE so I didn't need tasker.... guess we can dream?

Edited by ididmytime

True, but you have to admit that a thread with 3000+ postings is not exactly easy to read.

Erm, can you spot the paradox here? How do you think threads like this get to 3000+ posts in the first place? Some folks on this forum can't even be bothered to skim 10 pages let alone 150...

I think we would be better off with a forum for each ROM, and a thread for each version and maybe each issue.

Please tell me you're joking...

You can write that, but the search functions still sucks. Google is ok if you know how to use it, but it does not always have the latest postings.

The search function is fine, if you're prepared to meet it half way. I think the problem is that some folks here don't want to make the extra effort required to research, and cop-out with the ease of posting stuff which has likely been answered previously. That is when you get guys like me dropping in to complain, and buffing up already bursting threads with rants that don't achieve anything.

Do we need a "How to Search Forums Guide for Noobs" too? My guide would read like this: 1) Two or three keywords max; 2) Learn to use tabs in your browser; 3) Be patient and wait for someone else to get flamed for their similarly redundant question, and finally; 4) READ THE FIRST POST!!!

Sorry everyone, I'm in that kind of mood today :lol:

guys i am on modaco custom rom r4, with old clockwork 2.5.0.9,

can somebody give me the steps for flashing just the rls9 image im not bothered about the addons as long as i can enabled hw.sf=1 in my build.prop

thanks

Guest Cardyology

oMG rls9!?! I only just flashed rls8!

Haha, kidding :lol:

Thanks for the great rom & the great support you're providing for it.

Is there a CM-style updater app that can be run from within android currently available/a possibility?

Guest Rotmann
Erm, can you spot the paradox here? How do you think threads like this get to 3000+ posts in the first place? Some folks on this forum can't even be bothered to skim 10 pages let alone 150...

Please tell me you're joking...

The search function is fine, if you're prepared to meet it half way. I think the problem is that some folks here don't want to make the extra effort required to research, and cop-out with the ease of posting stuff which has likely been answered previously. That is when you get guys like me dropping in to complain, and buffing up already bursting threads with rants that don't achieve anything.

Do we need a "How to Search Forums Guide for Noobs" too? My guide would read like this: 1) Two or three keywords max; 2) Learn to use tabs in your browser; 3) Be patient and wait for someone else to get flamed for their similarly redundant question, and finally; 4) READ THE FIRST POST!!!

Sorry everyone, I'm in that kind of mood today :lol:

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1...

guys i am on modaco custom rom r4, with old clockwork 2.5.0.9,

can somebody give me the steps for flashing just the rls9 image im not bothered about the addons as long as i can enabled hw.sf=1 in my build.prop

thanks

^ I rest my case.

:) :) ;) :o :o How brilliant is this?

Guest Rotmann
i just wanna make sure i do things right mate, there are so many things that are available to download in the first post i'd hate to brick my phone.

How about actually READING the first posts. There are instructions there on how to install the image. :lol:

Guest Carlos Abel Chavez Slim

Is there a way of changing the lockscreen? Like an HTC Sense one where you swipe down?

The stock Android lockscreen is awful.

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1...

:lol: :) :) ;) :o How brilliant is this?

nice to know you get your kicks by laughing at people in forums.

anywho, am i right in saying that flashing Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9.zip will overwrite my current clockwork 2.5.0.9 with the latest version?

ooh and is it possible to edit hardware acceleration in build.prop or does the addon have to be flashed?

Edited by tom619

Never had such problem so I don't know. It worked in RLS8 for me and it works in RLS9 for me. But I suppose if there was anything wrong with the Chinese Mms.apk that was used in RLS8 then it might be fixed in RLS9 unless the error also exists in the AOSP 2.2 source.

@Kallt:

The problem is not specific to the ZTE Blade. It is a problem of every Android based phone. Even the original 2.2.1 and 2.3 ones. It will not happen constantly but the bad thing is that it MIGHT happen anytime.

I think that would the only fix that would justify a RLS9a release *amano getting killed by kallt* :lol:

Edited by _amano

Guest Salsaholic
anywho, am i right in saying that flashing Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9.zip will overwrite my current clockwork 2.5.0.9 with the latest version?

No, the normal update will not touch your ClockWork. Only if you use TPT (that would be Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_image.zip), kind of everything will be updated, including the recovery.

No, the normal update will not touch your ClockWork. Only if you use TPT (that would be Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_image.zip), kind of everything will be updated, including the recovery.

ok cool thanks, do you suggest changing my clockwork version at all?