[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Attention

And for everyone with all these problems, I wonder if you really check through the problems properly. for most problems are not due JJALLY. Check more before you post your problems. Many problems can be fixed if you think about it a bit ....

And, the battery problem is not this ROM, ensure that you have not installed any crap program that runs in the background, and make sure that does not have the GPS on, which draws more battery than hell. Turn on the GPS only when you need it.

Doh! I read about the hw accel being turned off by default and assumed that it was that that had killed my battery but I've not seen any great improvement with it not installed... GPS was on... I've turned it off and fingers crossed.

Sorry bit of a newbie problem I suspect...

Guest IronDoc
Hi, I have some trouble with wifi in sleep mode. I set up On screen off (or similar), but when the phone get asleep, wifi stay and 2G/3G connection don't start. When awake, there is wifi icon, which for some short time disappear and reconnect again (sometimes appear 2G/3G icon for that short time of wifi reconnecting). But in sleep mode, there isn't any traffic - no sync. of mails etc.

Yesterday it was OK, for the night on the charger. After removing from charger, it's starts do that troubles.

Flashing clean ROM and wipe didn't help.

On the forums have many people opposite problem:(

Thanks for some ideas, how to repair it.

I really doubt your wifi is staying connected when in sleep since afaik everyone's wifi disconnects on sleep. It's more likely that the icon just isn't updating or something. Try pinging your phone while it's asleep. Remember, it's not asleep if you can wake it with a button other than power.

Guest paskaapaskaa

Okay guys, so is there new version of circle battery? I just updated my clockwork recovery to newest version and cant install saunalahti.ril and circle battery addon anymore. I found a "new" sanalahti.ril at G2 rom thread and it works (in rls9 atleast) but cant get the circle battery working.

Any help ?

Guest Len Ash
Okay guys, so is there new version of circle battery? I just updated my clockwork recovery to newest version and cant install saunalahti.ril and circle battery addon anymore. I found a "new" sanalahti.ril at G2 rom thread and it works (in rls9 atleast) but cant get the circle battery working.

Any help ?

Why did you need to update that?

Guest paskaapaskaa
Why did you need to update that?

Guess I shouldnt have. I just thought the newer the better, seems like i was totally wrong.

edit: Is there a way to revert back to older clockwork version.. Easily i mean.

Edited by paskaapaskaa

Guest mvheuver
Ive recreated an apn with the hope it stops the annoying connection cannot be made message!

Can you elaborate on that? Any steps to follow to get rid of this would be useful, I can't see how otherwise you can use this ROM for day to day use...

Can you elaborate on that? Any steps to follow to get rid of this would be useful, I can't see how otherwise you can use this ROM for day to day use...

Do you mean create a new APN manually? I will try that.

For the record i have just installed this ROM, wiped caches etc. first and am getting the following issues,

• Phone never sleeps properly, any key will wake it.

• Battery life is poor compared with the 2.1 ROM i was using. I have tried the pro battery calibration tip to no avail.

(I am getting 12hrs with minimal use)

• Dialer seems to be consuming the battery with around 50% of the bar taken up.

(Spotted the fix on Page 169, can anyone confirm this fixes the issue? If so i have already downloaded it, how do i apply it? Via clockwork Mod?)

• Connection error message (will try creating new APN)

Other comments suggesting widgets, apps may be causing power drain. Is there any main culprits in this. I have only been using facebook and a few others from the market.

Thanks for any help.

Guest dalajvladan
I really doubt your wifi is staying connected when in sleep since afaik everyone's wifi disconnects on sleep. It's more likely that the icon just isn't updating or something. Try pinging your phone while it's asleep. Remember, it's not asleep if you can wake it with a button other than power.

It is in sleep mode, I cant wake it whit a button other than power.

I must say, that the problem is a little bit different than a say ... wifi stops (ping stops) ... but 2G/3G connection doesn't start ... so I can't recieve emails etc. ;)

Edit: I think, Blade Wifi Fix solved my problem. I will see in time, how is it stable.

Edited by dalajvladan

Guest Sergioflav84

I don't understand how the "Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_ahb_overclocked.zip" addon works.

I installed the addon via clockworkmod.......and now? What i have to do? Is it enough to overclock the phone or i have to do anything else?

Thanks to all!!

Do you mean create a new APN manually? I will try that.

For the record i have just installed this ROM, wiped caches etc. first and am getting the following issues,

• Phone never sleeps properly, any key will wake it.

• Battery life is poor compared with the 2.1 ROM i was using. I have tried the pro battery calibration tip to no avail.

(I am getting 12hrs with minimal use)

• Dialer seems to be consuming the battery with around 50% of the bar taken up.

(Spotted the fix on Page 169, can anyone confirm this fixes the issue? If so i have already downloaded it, how do i apply it? Via clockwork Mod?)

• Connection error message (will try creating new APN)

Other comments suggesting widgets, apps may be causing power drain. Is there any main culprits in this. I have only been using facebook and a few others from the market.

Thanks for any help.

Yes, just apply it with clockwork mod. Best do a nandroid backup first! Can anyone confirm if the replacement framework-res.apk can be skinned with Frankish's skins?

What replacement framework are you talking about?

The one from the decrossed rom, which fixes the long dialer partial wake issue.

I'd expect it to not work with themes. I can confirm that it fixes the partial wake issue & battery life is much improved.

Guest targetbsp
Btw, what's the point of AHB addon? Why SetCPU isn't enough alone?

It is enough to just overclock the CPU on its own if thats all you want to do. The AHB addon causes it to also overclock the AHB bus when you overclock the CPU for even more performance.