[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest SqueakyG
Download titanium backup from the market and save them

Hmm, I have a question about Titanium Backup. I don't know if it's backing things up properly. When I choose to backup an app it gets a blue tick next to it. The legend says a blue tick is a backup of the app's settings, but not the app itself. When I have deleted an app that was backed up this way, I do not have the option to restore it. There is no "restore" button when I tap on the greyed-out app.

It looks like it indeed. Which leads me to the next question: what other ROM will you guys be changing to? As a newbie, I've only performed a few JJ installs, nothing else. Might want to keep an eye on other ROMs that are still in development.

You could try Sebastian404's de-crossed or Flibblesan's FLB R7a. Both are equally fast and almost flawless. But no hardware accelleration or overclocking capability. Also no TPT or support of the repartitioned devices, at least yet.

Guest IronDoc
Hi,

I just enabled hardware acceleration -- not with the zip in Clockwork, but by editing build.prop and pushing it back to the phone.

I have not noticed any improvement whatsoever. My test is Angry Birds Seasons, Christmas level 2. It still grinds down exactly the same as before, which is also exactly the same amount that it lagged on stock Orange 2.1. So basically neither the change to Froyo nor hardware acceleration has shown any speed improvements to the phone.

What's up with that? So many of you guys are saying that Angry Birds was made totally smooth by Froyo alone, and certainly by enabling hardware acceleration.

That's quite strange. As you say, most people have reported better performance. I find that its completely smooth as long as I wait for it to smoothen out before throwing a bird.

You could try Sebastian404's de-crossed or Flibblesan's FLB R7a. Both are equally fast and almost flawless. But no hardware accelleration or overclocking capability. Also no TPT or support of the repartitioned devices, at least yet.

There's no need to 'support' a repartitioned device. Using clockwork with a repartition device will not change its partition sizes. You are able to use TPT to repartition your device then flash any other ROM (as long as it fits on your /system).

Guest 90180360
That's quite strange. As you say, most people have reported better performance.

Not strange at all. With Angry Birds, the CPU is the bottleneck (physics), with many 3D games it's the GPU.

Edited by 90180360

Guest Pelemane
No there won't be. KK it still working on an afaik AOSP and now that Tom G has fixed RIL, I imagine it just got a lot easier for him.

Tom G didnt actually fix RIL, he is just using saunalahti RIL.

I use Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_image.zip, everything is ok, but after flashing I do no have ClockWork Recovery anymore but I see RA-Blade-v2.2.1 JesusFreke Tribute Edition. I would like use other theme, but using Flash Zip form Sdcard it is not working, verification failed.

E:No signatures (10 files)

E: Verification failed

I turn off the verification using "Toggle signature verification", but it nothing change, using Flash Zip form Sdcard, verification is ok, it looks like new theme is installing successful, but after reboot the new theme do not appear in the ZTE, there is still old one.

Can I install ClockWork Recovery to the ROM Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_image.zip which change partition size? I other threat I see that to install new theme I should use ClockWork v3.x.x but everywhere I see just version recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-blade.img.

Why I installing new theme is not working?

Why during changing ROM recovery was changed from ClockWork to RA-Blade-v2.2.1 JesusFreke Tribute Edition (what it is?)?

Where I can find ClockWork v3.x.x and can I use it with ROM Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_image.zip

List of known problems in RLS9 (as of 2011-02-05)

Serious or not user fixable or not well understood issues:

- wifi reconnection after sleep still unreliable for some users. depends on access point? blade wifi fix app (not included, search market) could still be used if affected?

- no wifi/3g data sync/notification whilst asleep e.g. no background email checks - some say this is hardware problem of Blade, but i think notification LED worked in 2.1 or other ROMs?? please discuss...

- camera exposure control not working

- *dialler causing cpu wakes, reducing battery runtime, can be fixed by flashing alternative framework-res.apk, see this post http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1580787

- language problems e.g. for Portuguese user?

- "connection could not be made" errors when waking and when enabling mobile data e.g. when booting or power control 4th button. may be caused by incorrect APN, select correct APN, or remove APNdroid. some users say they cannot solve.

- *GPS problems slow or unable to get fix for some users ? regression: RLS7 ok for these users.

minor or issues with simple workarounds

- virtual provider name not shown e.g. GiffGaff not 02 (only cosmetic i think)

- *no included way to copy paste from text files. if you have a long network key put a text editor (and your key) on your sd card before you flash https://github.com/paulmach/Text-Edit-for-Android/downloads

- *2 radio apps included, only one needed or works?

NOT JJ ROM issues (or general Froyo or Blade issues)

- not sleeping properly - check your apps and settings. only power button should wake asleep Blade

- no headphone icon? caused by 0x90 mod apparently

- sd card mounting when connecting to computer

- sd card compatibility

- battery calibration problems

- proxo sensor calibration

anyone has others please reply or edit if you can.

to be fair, after some initial problems i personally don't have any problems with this ROM now (All the above either never happened on my phone, don't affect me, or can be worked around). It's fast, stable and better than stock or Finnish Filly in every way for me ;) So I probably won't be changing until something dramatically better comes along (not sure how!?) just making this list as a courtesy to others.

Thanks to KK, the author. I am just a user, not affiliated in any way.

Edited by Smiff2

Guest dnaumov

I have a weird problem with RLS9: the Blizzard battle.net authenticator app seems to randomly not work and instead locks up upon launch forcing a close. Sometimes this happens immideately after the phone has booted up, but sometimes it takes some time for this problem to appear. What seems to solve it is killing all running apps with Advanced Task Manager, this solves the issue most of the times and even after I continue using the exact same apps and widgets, the battle.net app continues to work. However if I reboot my phone, most of the time the problem will reappear. This problem does not occur with the stock 2.1 finnish ROM from Saunalahti.

Guest SqueakyG
List of known problems in RLS9 (as of 2011-02-05)

- dialler causing cpu wakes, reducing battery runtime, can be fixed by flashing alternative framework-res.apk, see page 169 of this thread.

Thank you for maintaining this list. I have one piece of advice however: please you could you refer to the post number for things like this, rather than the page number? This forum allows users to change the post count per page, for example this thread is now 92 pages long for me.

alright added direct link to the post with fix attached, good idea.

imho it would be worth a release10 with the issues i've put * in front of fixed. but it's not up to me, as i said i'm fine with R9.

Edited by Smiff2

hello,

i have just installed the rom and i am having problems connecting my exchange 2010 email account, aeach time i add it it appear to add ok but then i get a message saying Update "meail name" security settings" and does not sync the email. i also get a black screen saying DM Test at the top, it has 3 buttons on it, they say. “Unic om” “Unit est” and “ok”, an that’s it, wont go any further.

can anyone help. i have full access to the exchange server, not settings have been changed on the server and no security policies are enforced on the exchange server, i have currently got 2x htc desire droids and 4x WM 6.5 phones syncing perfectly with the server.

Im on RLS7 and was thinking of upgrading to RLS9 - Is there an update coming soon to RLS9 so I can hold off for a bit longer?

Edited by Ash.UK

Guest lordofangels
Im on RLS7 and was thinking of upgrading to RLS9 - Is there an update coming soon to RLS9 so I can hold off for a bit longer?

Might as well go for it, works stopped on this ROM,

KK's working on something else now... :P

Is there any way to upgrade the Contacts and ContactsProvider apks to the newly compiled ones from RLS9? I'm currently running RLS5 but I much prefer the new contacts app.

Guest kaju666

HI

Can you do something with video playing like FLB rom. Becouse the apps like act 1 video player and m video player say that they don't see any video.