[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest paddymcn
I had problems with sound on this rom as well. I couldn't get Hullomail to play messages. Hullomail uses mp3. I then tried other mp3s and it wouldn't play them either. A real pity because the rom was working very well otherwise. I've had to revert to 2.1.

Thanks

Have you installed andorko's fm radio app? I installed it earlier but it interfered with mp3s so removed it and all is well again, well apart from not having a fmradio app...

Guest kallt_kaffe
kallt_kaffe , did you get my mail with a suggestion for investigating why the Softbank kernel doesn't work for us?

Using 2.1

Compile the kernel using the softbank base addesss then apply the hexedit you did to the binary and see if it boots.

If it boots then there must be something else different with the softbank kernel, maybe try some of the few other differences like config_uid_stat.

If it doesn't boot then hex compare this hacked binary with a 2.1 kernel compiled with the normal base address and see if there is another entry that needs hacking. I'm assuming 2 compiled binaries will be pretty much the same, though I guess the different base address could result in different data alignment?

I'm still considering this but it's a lot of work and takes time. Also there are A LOT of adresses that can be different (see devices.c) so it involves a lot of code reading. Considering we've been promised the kernel source by the 7th of january it might just not be worth the trouble. We'll see, if I get bored enough maybe but I have other things I'd like to try too, like hacking the ar6000.ko driver from the Japanese release into working with the Eclair kernel. Propably not doable but I suppose it might be worth a try.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Kallt! There is a little problem :S

This ROM does not work without a SIM card, but one of my friends would like to use his phone without one. So now he can't :S Any solution?

I suppose this could also be fixed by hacking Phone.apk like MDCFan did to get rid of the USIM error. If someone, other than me, have the time and the skills to do it I'd be happy to include the new Phone.apk into the next release.

Guest dmxpowa
OMG this ROM makes my Phone Flying....

dsc3188.jpg

Thank you VERY MUCH..... :(

how did you do it? the max i could achieve was ~960, same as with Paul's r4. (yes i flashed the OC mod.)

Guest fluxcapacitor
how did you do it? the max i could achieve was ~960, same as with Paul's r4. (yes i flashed the OC mod.)

I can't get past 960 either. Would the launcher I'm using make a difference? Launcherpro

Also does it include testing the memory card? Mine has the one that comes with it but I'm guessing larger/faster ones might score more?

Guest NightSt@lk3r
I can't get past 960 either. Would the launcher I'm using make a difference? Launcherpro

Also does it include testing the memory card? Mine has the one that comes with it but I'm guessing larger/faster ones might score more?

im using launcher pro on mine with the stock 2gb sdcard.

Guest blackanchorage
Have you installed andorko's fm radio app? I installed it earlier but it interfered with mp3s so removed it and all is well again, well apart from not having a fmradio app...

Thanks, but no I didn't. I might try again (it's easy enough with clockwork recovery), and install nothing until I've tried playing an mp3.

Regards

Guest deanhiggins2

hello i am on the 3uk network on the notification bar i am getting a H i am using Japanese Jellyfish rom but on all the other rom i use i get 3g from where i am plaese help

Guest kallt_kaffe
hello i am on the 3uk network on the notification bar i am getting a H i am using Japanese Jellyfish rom but on all the other rom i use i get 3g from where i am plaese help

That's OK. I've just altered a flag that shows a different icon when you run at 3G+(HDSPA). It's just a cosmetic change.

Guest kallt_kaffe

FYI, I'm writing this on my laptop USB-tethering trought the Wifi on my Blade. And all done through the standard setting menus... :( Going to test tethering over 3G now and after that I'll try to enable wifi hotspot. But I suspect wifi hotspot may need a bit more work to get working.

EDIT: Just un-checked "Wi-Fi" on my phone and I'm still online. ;) So expect USB tethering in the next release.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest deanhiggins2
That's OK. I've just altered a flag that shows a different icon when you run at 3G+(HDSPA). It's just a cosmetic change.

ok thanx so i am still getting 3g

Guest Watashi_PT

Still getting 960 and now i have the quadrant advanced.

(i think have installed the overclock right ---> flash the JJRLS2 and install zip with ovc, then reboot right?)

Guest NightSt@lk3r
How does the AHB oc affect to battery usage time?

As far as i can see it makes little to no difference to battery usage as the OC is not active when the phone is in sleep mode.

Sorry I know it's probably painfully obvious, but what does this ROM have over (for example) Pauls Alpha5 Froyo? I have that at the moment, and I've only had 1 lockscreen crash. Does this fix that lockscreen thing everyone is always on about in Pauls? And does it do anything else that makes it worth the faff of updating?

I dont wanna sound horrible, Im just wording things reeeeaaallly badly today >.< Sorry.

Edited by jtc42

Guest kallt_kaffe
FYI, I'm writing this on my laptop USB-tethering trought the Wifi on my Blade. And all done through the standard setting menus... :( Going to test tethering over 3G now and after that I'll try to enable wifi hotspot. But I suspect wifi hotspot may need a bit more work to get working.

EDIT: Just un-checked "Wi-Fi" on my phone and I'm still online. ;) So expect USB tethering in the next release.

Writing this using native froyo Wifi hotspot. Yay! ;)

Guest liamdunn
Writing this using native froyo Wifi hotspot. Yay! :(

so you've managed to get hotspot working? cos this wifi tether thing has been giving me all sorts of trouble!!

Guest Blues003
Sorry I know it's probably painfully obvious, but what does this ROM have over (for example) Pauls Alpha5 Froyo? I have that at the moment, and I've only had 1 lockscreen crash. Does this fix that lockscreen thing everyone is always on about in Pauls? And does it do anything else that makes it worth the faff of updating?

I dont wanna sound horrible, Im just wording things reeeeaaallly badly today >.< Sorry.

Why not make a Nandroid backup of your Paul Alpha5 and install this one as well?

I only tried alpha 3, but hell, is this one faster. MUCH faster.

When in the messaging menu I get the sim contact names displayed instead of the phone ones. Am I being a noob and is there a way to change this? I find it very annoying :x

I've just flashed my phone and it works great, but one strange thing:

I can only play MPEG-1 MP3 files, no longer MPEG-2 MP3 files.

This worked previously with original ROM and Finnish Fillyjonk RLS4.

I'm getting a force close on Messaging. Had battery out and restarted but nothing. going to do another wipe and install, just wondering if anyone having similar problem?

Guest cmberry20

sorry if this has be asked before but does the overclocked ROM significantly drain the battery or cause any side effects?

And does it really improve the performance of the phone in games like Angry Birds?

Cheers

Edited by cmberry20

Guest StevenHarperUK
sorry if this has be asked before but does the overclocked ROM significantly drain the battery or cause any side effects?

And does it really improve the performance of the phone in games like Angry Birds?

Cheers

I only gave my Jellyfish about 1 minute unclocked...

But overclocked the battery is fine - better than the Alpha 3