[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest cmberry20

ok cheers Steve,

Gonna give this ROM a go as the main feedback here seems to indicate that this is the best 2.2 ROM out.

(unless someone tells me different!! :( )

Guest liamdunn
My touchscreen has just stopped working at the lock screen :(

Thought this rom had bypassed that bug DOH!

all the Froyo roms have the same problem their pretty much built off of one thing just customized to the devs liking

Guest blackanchorage

I tried installing jellyfish and jellyfish-lite again (each time clearing the cache, and factory reset), but Hullomail works with neither - "plays" for a second then stops.

With jellyfish-lite (didn't try jellyfish), an mp3 played via the browser is fine. I then copied the same mp3 via a PC to the sdcard - when I clicked the file in Astro manager, it also only plays for a second.

Both the music and Hullomail mp3s are audio/mpeg3.

Are there any logs for the music player?

Thanks

EDIT: PowerAMP plays the mp3 fine, but I can't get Hullomail to use PowerAMP instead of Music.

Edited by blackanchorage

Guest Frankish
all the Froyo roms have the same problem their pretty much built off of one thing just customized to the devs liking

Not really Pauls rom is based on a pre-release leak of (i think) Chinese Froyo. Japanese Jellyfish and Sebastians are based on a Japanese Softbank release rom. They do however share the same kernel.

Guest Bob@Desire

I backuped my Modaco r4 (Android 2.1) with Nandroid and Titanium.

It is possible to try this ROM without any problems and restore the Nandroid backup again?

Thanks

Guest Lost_Animal
I backuped my Modaco r4 (Android 2.1) with Nandroid and Titanium.

It is possible to try this ROM without any problems and restore the Nandroid backup again?

Thanks

You can do it without any problem.

I've done the same procedure many many times and no problem with restore.

Guest jurrasstoil
Not really Pauls rom is based on a pre-release leak of (i think) Chinese Froyo. Japanese Jellyfish and Sebastians are based on a Japanese Softbank release rom. They do however share the same kernel.

thats the only reason i haven't switched to 2.2 yet :(

Guest liamdunn

thats pretty much what i was tryin to say, but i wasnt too sure if it was down to the kernel or not as im still learning

Guest Andyroid

Read the informative guide by StevenHarperUK and thought stuff it I'm going for it, 3 hrs later phoneless and stuck on a jellyfish 'powering up' screen. Keeps coming back to that and no further, gagging for a cup of tea so thought I'd post on the chance a helpfull member can shed some light.

So what did i do...briefly

Was running Pauls r3 mcr 2.1 on my OLED SF

I installed recovery_clockwork_2.5.1.8_blade, It worked fine, brought up the clockwork menu when vol depressed at boot.

Downloaded Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS2_ahb_overclocked .zip format.

I backed up my current config using clockwork then backed up the content of the sdcard onto my pc

I transferred the Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS2_ahb_overclocked to the sdcard.

Rebooted into clockwork, did a reset, data, cache etc then asked it to find the Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS2_ahb_overclocked.zip on the sdcard and it installed, went back up the clockwork menu and asked it to system reebot........which brings us to the stuck powering up screen. I redid the data and cache reset again and gave it several attempts at booting bast this screen but no joy.

Any pointers feel free, apols for the scrawl, eyes shot to buggery as is my one brain cell, off for that cuppa

Cheers

Guest Watashi_PT
Read the informative guide by StevenHarperUK and thought stuff it I'm going for it, 3 hrs later phoneless and stuck on a jellyfish 'powering up' screen. Keeps coming back to that and no further, gagging for a cup of tea so thought I'd post on the chance a helpfull member can shed some light.

So what did i do...briefly

Was running Pauls r3 mcr 2.1 on my OLED SF

I installed recovery_clockwork_2.5.1.8_blade, It worked fine, brought up the clockwork menu when vol depressed at boot.

Downloaded Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS2_ahb_overclocked .zip format.

I backed up my current config using clockwork then backed up the content of the sdcard onto my pc

I transferred the Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS2_ahb_overclocked to the sdcard.

Rebooted into clockwork, did a reset, data, cache etc then asked it to find the Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS2_ahb_overclocked.zip on the sdcard and it installed, went back up the clockwork menu and asked it to system reebot........which brings us to the stuck powering up screen. I redid the data and cache reset again and gave it several attempts at booting bast this screen but no joy.

Any pointers feel free, apols for the scrawl, eyes shot to buggery as is my one brain cell, off for that cuppa

Cheers

you have installed the overclock not the software you know? (just in case xD)

Guest dadashi
You can do it without any problem.

I've done the same procedure many many times and no problem with restore.

I've got a few paid apps on the SF and running 2.1 R4, great eclair :(

If I do a titanium backup of all the apps can I install them again after the froyo flash including the paid apps without too many problems?

Guest Andyroid
you have installed the overclock not the software you know? (just in case xD)

"Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS2_ahb_overclocked .zip" is just an ADD-ON

You need to flash the full ROM first: "Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS2.zip"

FFS, That'll explain it then, just finished trying all the clockwork versions and the upside down screens really helped clear my confusion lmao

Thanks for the nfo, going back to page 1 for a proper read

To be continued...

Guest StevenHarperUK
FFS, That'll explain it then, just finished trying all the clockwork versions and the upside down screens really helped clear my confusion lmao

Thanks for the nfo, going back to page 1 for a proper read

To be continued...

I wiil be watching how it goes

Let it boot before you install the overclock