[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest jurrasstoil

damnit, with every update it becomes more and more tempting to switch to 2.2...

i'll stay strong and wait for the new kernel, your fillyjonk 2.1 is still working great anyways :(

RLS3 in first post! Have fun and a Happy New Year!

Great work KK!

Lets hope ZTE stick to their dates for releasing the kernel source now (and that it works and that it's complete!).

Guest jurrasstoil
Quick question.

For the updates do I need to re-wipe or can I install over?

Try it. usually you don't have to if you update from rls2 to rls3 for example.

if your phone gives you a bootloop or other weirdness after updating -> wipe.

Edited by jurrasstoil

Guest bebop68

QUOTE(Buchtis @ Dec 31 2010, 03:06)

Quick question, how do I install the overclocking thing as well? I'm installing the Lite version of this as we speak, is it the same process (update.zip)?

Thanks.

Read the SteveHarper how to guide, all your answers are there, its a sticky on the zte blade main page Buchtis

Uhm, no it isn't. I've searched "add on" and "add-on" and "addon" in that thread and read the main post, and the clockworkmod guide it lists, and this isn't covered. What is the correct procedure? I just installed it over the top with clockworkmod but I can't tell if that worked.

Also - is anyone else getting corrupted sd cards? It won't even mount the device on my mac, I have to take the card out, put it into a usb reader, format it from that, put it back...

Also - where can I read a guide on making roms? I tried uncompressing and removing a couple of apps and rezipping and clockworkmod refused to install it (signed toggled off).

Currently running Kaltes 2.5.1.3 clockworkmod, rls2 and rls2 ahb addon (I think?)

Thanks for reading.

Guest abbas_sheikh
also, i dont have to wipe date before updating from RLS2 to RLS3 right?

I can confirm I didnt wipe data from RLS1 -> RLS3 and it retained all user data. :-) no problems so far.

Guest rxexdxbxaxnxd

Once you go to FroYo, it all gets easier. I accepted the "Back up your Data" and Automatic Restore option when I first tried a Froyo build and now every time I reflash it automatically remembers my wallpaper, wifi settings and general preferences. I was quite suprised the first time this happened, started questioning whether I'd actually remembered to wipe properly...

I wonder if we could also start making use of the Storage Card Updates feature in the About Menu to update themes etc...

Guest mmoalem

hi and thanks for the great work on the roms.

just wondered if this relies on the froyo apps2sd or has the original a2sd used on the 2.1 roms (or even better will be to use the a2sd+ which moves the Dalvik cache to the card as well)

for the differences: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=743489

as far as i understand a2sd+ is the way to go...

Guest Andyroid
QUOTE(Buchtis @ Dec 31 2010, 03:06)

Quick question, how do I install the overclocking thing as well? I'm installing the Lite version of this as we speak, is it the same process (update.zip)?

Thanks.

Read the SteveHarper how to guide, all your answers are there, its a sticky on the zte blade main page Buchtis

Uhm, no it isn't. I've searched "add on" and "add-on" and "addon" in that thread and read the main post, and the clockworkmod guide it lists, and this isn't covered. What is the correct procedure? I just installed it over the top with clockworkmod but I can't tell if that worked.

Neither it is, I was reading it as clockwork instead of overclocking, in my defense my peepers were shot to buggery.

Aye, you just install it over the top again like you did with clockworkmod.

Running Quadrant benchmark and the resulting increased score indicated to me it had worked.

Guest nvidiax

Here are just a few benchmarks :(

JJ RLS3:

Quadrant: 939 Neocore: 39.7

JJ RLS3 (overclocked):

Quadrant: 1003 Neocore: 40.8

Pauls A5:

Quadrant: 947 Neocore: 36.4

BTW all were running apps in the background. (same apps running)

Edited by nvidiax

Guest bebop68

Thanks for your replies. Interestingly I was only getting around 935 on quadrant with rls2 ahb overclock. I'll let you know if that improves with rls3. Also going to try Sebs cwm 2.5.1.8..

Thanks

Guest liamdunn
BEST ROM ROM EVER. THANKS :(

JUST wondering is it possible to change theme of this rom to this gingerbread ones. looks fantastic .....gingerbread theme

not yet not till frankish updates the themes to work with kaffes RLS3 or it will disable tethering and might have some nasty side effects, better safe than bricked

Guest bebop68

Urm- what does this mean in the top post?

IMPORTANT! The themes likely needs to be updated to support RLS3 or they will disable Wifi hotspot and usb tethering through wifi. Usb tethering over through mobile data should still work though.Frankish! The file that is chaned in framework-res.apk is res/values/arrays.xml. You can propably just get the whole resources.rsc from my framework-res.apk and put it into your framework-res.apk files. Just remeber to NOT use compression on the resources.rsc. Use WinRAR and choose "Store" when you add it.

Who's framework-res.apk is it referring to as being correct? Can I just install that apk over the top of mine? I take it this hasn't been done to the rls3 zip already?

Also - I'm on a mac mostly, I'm not overly familiar with winrar.

Urm- what does this mean in the top post?

IMPORTANT! The themes likely needs to be updated to support RLS3 or they will disable Wifi hotspot and usb tethering through wifi. Usb tethering over through mobile data should still work though.Frankish! The file that is chaned in framework-res.apk is res/values/arrays.xml. You can propably just get the whole resources.rsc from my framework-res.apk and put it into your framework-res.apk files. Just remeber to NOT use compression on the resources.rsc. Use WinRAR and choose "Store" when you add it.

Who's framework-res.apk is it referring to as being correct? Can I just install that apk over the top of mine? I take it this hasn't been done to the rls3 zip already?

Also - I'm on a mac mostly, I'm not overly familiar with winrar.

Themes replace the framework - he has hacked the framework in order to enable new features so until themes are updated to use the new hacked framework, applying a theme will undo his changes since it will replace the framework with an unhacked one.

Guest IronDoc
@kallt_kaffe,

It might be too much to ask, but anychance we could get an zip file with just the updates?

So, i dont have to flash the whole rom again and get the apps i dont need? [i know, i know, i can just remove them from the zip file before flashing, but doesnt hurt to ask ;)]

also, i dont have to wipe date before updating from RLS2 to RLS3 right?

P.S: Thanks a lot for the rom and wish you a happy new year :(

I don't really see the problem in removing the apps then flashing? It should work as described if you just remove /system/app and /data/app.

Guest liamdunn
Here are just a few benchmarks :(

JJ RLS3:

Quadrant: 939 Neocore: 39.7

JJ RLS3 (overclocked):

Quadrant: 1003 Neocore: 40.8

Pauls A5:

Quadrant: 947 Neocore: 36.4

BTW all were running apps in the background. (same apps running)

you sure you didnt get lucky with that Neocore of 40.8 lol cos i can only seem to achive between 37-38, and thats with the clock

Guest Hpman48
RLS3

[*]Included both working Radio apps (thanks to MDCFan and Andorko

Is there a different in memory using or speed when the applications are already included in custom ROM comparing to install it afterwards ? What's the advantage ?

Hpman48

PS: Thanks for the rom and happy new year to all

Edited by Hpman48

Guest cmberry20

I'm confused about the overclock. It states that it enables the CPU to run at 600mhz - but isnt the SF CPU a Qualcomm MSM7227 which is clocked @ 600MHz anyway??