[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Skillganon

I loved the fact that you made a slimmer version of the rom. It saves me lot of time getting rid of apps that you don't want.

Anybody know what the Qualcomm apk files are and emode apk. I got rid of them in all previous version and have not seen any problem so far except for those aforementioned on this thread.

Edited by Skillganon

Guest Arr Too
Anybody know what the Qualcomm apk files are and emode apk.

emode.apk is the Engineering Mode accessible from the standard dialler. Delete this and you lose the secret dialler codes.

Guest Buchtis

Excellent work with this ROM Kallt.

Don't want to sound rude but could you upload a barebones version of this ROM, i.e things that just make it work as a phone and no add ons like Google Car and that which is still present in the previous version. I can download all the apps I need off the app marketplace so you could make the ROM even smaller in size by putting in the files that are essential and that's it.

thanks.

Guest Ashenfall
emode.apk is the Engineering Mode accessible from the standard dialler. Delete this and you lose the secret dialler codes.
I'm trying to put these codes back, put emode.apk on, but with no success (I need the calibration setting to try to fix the proximity sensor).

Anyone know what I need to do to get them working? Thanks :unsure:

Guest AlphaVision
Can anyone tell me if this has the stock dailer and Lockscreen or the zte versions? Thanks

Dialer - ZTE "smart" dialer B)

Lockscreen - stock :unsure:

Guest TheHareBear
Finally - is anyone familiar with a mac zip application that doesn't bugger up the zips when you add or remove apks?

Took me a while, but this one will do it: BetterZip (30 day trial available)

You need to open the zip, delete what you want within the zip file, then save it again. Otherwise you get all the mac gubbins when you extract the zip file and re-compress from the file system.

Andy

Guest ace9094
Excellent work with this ROM Kallt.

Don't want to sound rude but could you upload a barebones version of this ROM, i.e things that just make it work as a phone and no add ons like Google Car and that which is still present in the previous version. I can download all the apps I need off the app marketplace so you could make the ROM even smaller in size by putting in the files that are essential and that's it.

thanks.

Hey love these, I have reflashed my phone 3 times today trying different roms....

I too like the idea of a "barebones" rom... I would realy appreciate it :unsure:

Guest Arr Too
I'm trying to put these codes back, put emode.apk on, but with no success (I need the calibration setting to try to fix the proximity sensor).

On the Japanese dialler you first need to enable Eng Mode by dialling *ZTE*OPENEM# (obviously using the numbers corresponding to the mnemonic's letters). I'll update the codes thread, since this might be something ZTE decide to keep.

Edited by Arr Too

Just a quick post to say using this ROM now, installed perfectly, runs perfectly, fast as hell, amazing work, and thank you very much for making it :unsure:

I installed a modified Lite version on both my and my girlfriends SFs amd she was blown away at how much quicker it is than the horrible stock ROM haha. Thanks again.

Guest Ashenfall
On the Japanese dialler you first need to enable Eng Mode by dialling *ZTE*OPENEM# (obviously using the numbers corresponding to the mnemonic's letters). I'll update the codes thread, since this might be something ZTE decide to keep.
Many thanks, worked perfectly - hopefully the proximity sensor stays fixed now :unsure:

Im tried Rls3 and now that Rls4 and both have same problem. Like every third time when my screen goes sleep and i try open it, it aint work at all. All buttons work but not screen, i hope some one could give me advise or something becoas i really would like use 2.2 version.

I have Finnish ZTE Blade from operator called Saunalahti.

And sorry my bad english. :unsure:

Guest xenopod
Im tried Rls3 and now that Rls4 and both have same problem. Like every third time when my screen goes sleep and i try open it, it aint work at all. All buttons work but not screen, i hope some one could give me advise or something becoas i really would like use 2.2 version.

I have Finnish ZTE Blade from operator called Saunalahti.

And sorry my bad english. :unsure:

to be fair i too have had this problem, i think its a glitch but not just this rom, i can normally press the power button 2-3 secs after it happens and all is fine

Guest MroziQ

On RLS4 phone is turning on faster than on RLS3b but... on 3b Quadrant score was over 950-1150 and now over 400-450.. games still are working smooth (sometimes crashes and phone is rebooting if I play a few minutes on Raging Thunder 2 or Asphalt5). I see more fps on Quadrant but phone score is a half of RLS3b's. What's wrong? Do you have these crashes too?

Quadrant on RLS3d

devicecg.png

Now I turned on Quadrant on RLS4 and.. crash. But on RLS4 Quadrant shows 400-450 points.

Of course I did a wipe.

Ok now it doesn't crash.

Score from RLS4 (Advanced version but on standard is the seme as I tested 1 hour ago):

rls4.png

IMPORTANT - on tested release 3d and 4 I installed correct AHB overclocked.

Edited by MroziQ

Guest Afrodude
On RLS4 phone is turning on faster than on RLS3b but... on 3b Quadrant score was over 950-1150 and now over 400-450.. games still are working smooth (sometimes crashes and phone is rebooting if I play a few minutes on Raging Thunder 2 or Asphalt5). I see mor fps on Quadrant but phone score is a half of RLS3b's. What't wrong? Do you have these crashes too?

Now I turned on Quadrant on RLS4 and.. crash. But on RLS4 Quadrant shows 400-500 points.

The problem is you haven't read the first post/ others in this topic. Here is the important information:

Turned off Stagefright. Stagefright are a new set of media decoders in 2.2 but they are broken in our release which is why it doubles the Quadrant Scores. It doesn't make the phone faster, just the benchmarks and it's just a illusion.
Edited by Afrodude

Guest MroziQ
The problem is you haven't read the first post/ others in this topic. Here is the important information:

So it's like 926 points or from RLS3b as I shown I should divide it by two?

And what about system crashes? Do u have same?

Edited by MroziQ

Updated my phone with RLS4, tried without sim card.

Works, however noticed a bug, the return button will glow red and will not shut off. Tried with sim card still getting same bug, it sucks battery up !

What can I do to fix this and prevent instant k.o ?

Guest aristarhos
So it's like 926 points or from RLS3b as I shown I should divide it by two?

And what about system crashes? Do u have same?

Austin Powers memorable quotes

Vanessa Kensington: Mr. Powers, I would never have sex with you, ever! If you were the last man on earth and I was the last woman on earth, and the future of the human race depended on our having sex, simply for procreation, I still would not have sex with you.

Austin Powers: What's your point, Vanessa?