[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Buchtis
Hey love these, I have reflashed my phone 3 times today trying different roms....

I too like the idea of a "barebones" rom... I would realy appreciate it :unsure:

Kallt please read this!

Could you do a really stripped down version of this ROM with only the bare essentials installed to make the phone/ROM work? That way users can install whatever they want from the APp marketplace. It'll be a smaller zip to upload too without any of the blot.

If not, could you write a list of all the crap we can delete from the 'Lite' version?

Thanks. <3

Guest Afrodude
So it's like 926 points or from RLS3b as I shown I should divide it by two?

And what about system crashes? Do u have same?

Its approximately half (i used to get ~980 with SF enabled and now its ~470).

I've not had any crashes or force closes. Maybe you should try a clean install? (i.e. wiping your data/ cache before installing the ROM). Be sure to backup anything you might want before you try this.

Guest Afrodude
Could you do a really stripped down version of this ROM with only the bare essentials installed to make the phone/ROM work? That way users can install whatever they want from the APp marketplace. It'll be a smaller zip to upload too without any of the blot.

If not, could you write a list of all the crap we can delete from the 'Lite' version?

The lists of apps you can safely delete has already posted in this topic, have a look a few pages back.

Is Flash 10.1 working with this ROM?

Have a search on the forums, you will see lots of information about "Flash and ARMv6"

Edited by Afrodude

Guest bebop68
Took me a while, but this one will do it: BetterZip (30 day trial available)

You need to open the zip, delete what you want within the zip file, then save it again. Otherwise you get all the mac gubbins when you extract the zip file and re-compress from the file system.

Andy

Hey, thanks muchly!

Guest fox2000
Kallt please read this!

Thanks. <3

Just go through the first post: there's a link to the super slim version, specifically made to fit the repartitioned devices, and not even providing Maps or Gmail... isn't it enough? :unsure:

ps. I'm currently using it since this morning, and I still have to reinstall almost anything haha

Edited by fox2000

Guest Buchtis
The lists of apps you can safely delete has already posted in this topic, have a look a few pages back.

Have a search on the forums, you will see lots of information about "Flash and ARMv6"

Can't find it, could you link me to it please?

Updated my phone with RLS4, tried without sim card.

Works, however noticed a bug, the return button will glow red and will not shut off. Tried with sim card still getting same bug, it sucks battery up !

What can I do to fix this and prevent instant k.o ?

Still have this problem also, I have no idea battery dies too fast this time, been using it for 5 min web-browsing from 74 to 41 in less than 5 min...

HOW, I mean it's new now 1 week old and I don't understand what might suck such force out of it?

Guest Andyroid
Both of these issues are caused by the same bug. Pretty easy to fix though.

You need to delete two lib files from /system/lib which are libOmxAacDec.so and libOmxMp3Dec.so. This will force Android to use alternative libs for decoding mp3 and aac audio which work much better.

Only just back online and reading this fibblesan, I popped into system/lib folder and found both those files were present, tried to delete both but I just got an error message, the file permissions appear to show just 'r' I assume thats the problem, 'read only', how do you alter the film permissions to allow deletion?

I'm glad the sound appears an easy sort, thanks for the heads up on the bug :unsure:

Guest Simon O
Turned off Stagefright. Stagefright are a new set of media decoders in 2.2 but they are broken in our release which is why it doubles the Quadrant Scores. It doesn't make the phone faster, just the benchmarks and it's just a illusion

The Quadrant score is higher with Stagefright enabled because Quadrant skips the multimedia tests. You can see this in Quadrant Advanced by the CPU score being higher.

Guest Simon O
Only just back online and reading this fibblesan, I popped into system/lib folder and found both those files were present, tried to delete both but I just got an error message, the file permissions appear to show just 'r' I assume thats the problem, 'read only', how do you alter the film permissions to allow deletion?

I'm glad the sound appears an easy sort, thanks for the heads up on the bug :unsure:

These files are already deleted in Jellyfish RLS4 as I can see. But if you need to delete them from an older version then use Root Explorer.

Guest Andyroid
These files are already deleted in Jellyfish RLS4 as I can see. But if you need to delete them from an older version then use Root Explorer.

Just finished reading all the new posts since last on, just a few pages, my eyes are burnt out, thought I was never getting to the end lol

Ok Fib I'll use Root Explorer then as I'm quite contented with the RLS2.

Thanks again mate

Cheers

edit

Files deleted and the sound is now fine on tvcatchup :unsure:

Edited by Andyroid

Guest alltheway3

FFS I flashed this ROM only yesterday and theres an update today :unsure: it took my ages for titanium backup to restore all my apps manually... Ah well, the latest update doesn't have too many big changes.

Guest mobitech

Thanks for the great work you are doing. Would it be possible to have the Eclair 2.1 default wallpaper (the sea with rocks) or the Froyo 2.2 default wallpaper (the blue planet). Or how could they be installed over or wth JJ RSL4?

Thank you for any instructions on doing this.

Edited by mobitech

Guest dmxpowa

actually "adb push" the new build.prop sums up all the important changes from the new release, rite?

in case there were some apk changes pls lemme know cause i dont wanna re-flash my device for 1 plain-text file.

Edited by dmxpowa

Guest sumdumguy

Anyone help please.

My phone doesn't seem to go to sleep, i can always press the menu button to turn the screen on.

Also VM heap tool hangs

are these known issues ?

Guest StevenHarperUK
Anyone help please.

My phone doesn't seem to go to sleep, i can always press the menu button to turn the screen on.

Also VM heap tool hangs

are these known issues ?

The main post suggests a reboot if you get this (hang)

Are you on the latest RLS4?

Guest sumdumguy

Yes on the latest R4 release. I got vm heap tool going by uninstalling/reinstalling.

But no the 'no sleep' mode has got me stumped, I moved from volcano0.1 to this release but it still won't sleep. shrugs

Guest StevenHarperUK
Yes on the latest R4 release. I got vm heap tool going by uninstalling/reinstalling.

But no the 'no sleep' mode has got me stumped, I moved from volcano0.1 to this release but it still won't sleep. shrugs

You can look in spare parts > Battery History > Other Usage > Partial Wake Usage

to see whats keeping it awake

Guest sumdumguy
You can look in spare parts > Battery History > Other Usage > Partial Wake Usage

to see whats keeping it awake

I tried that when on volcano 0.1 and top of the list was 'Dialer'. 'I'll have to check now with this jellyfish rom.

Guest StevenHarperUK
I tried that when on volcano 0.1 and top of the list was 'Dialer'. 'I'll have to check now with this jellyfish rom.

Aha : Is the turn to MUTE enabled

Look in MENU > SETTINGS > SOUNDS > TURN TO FORBID PHONE RING

Wow thats a bad translation - make sure its unticked

Guest sumdumguy
Aha : Is the turn to MUTE enabled

Look in MENU > SETTINGS > SOUNDS > TURN TO FORBID PHONE RING

Wow thats a bad translation - make sure its unticked

It was turned off, so ticked and unticked to make sure.

Just checked spare parts and it's 'Dialer' again that seems to be the culprit.

I'm going to wait 15 minutes to if it will sleep again/

Guest Hopelessness

Dialer is also my top user.

Quick request to Kallt_kaffe, when making incremental upgrades such as RLS3-RLS3b, and RLS3b-RLS4 which don't require a wipe, could you release an update which only contains the changes, to save download time etc?

I believe it's easy enough to do and it was standard procedure on most of the HTC Hero ROMs I used to play with. Thanks!

Guest StevenHarperUK
Dialer is also my top user.

Quick request to Kallt_kaffe, when making incremental upgrades such as RLS3-RLS3b, and RLS3b-RLS4 which don't require a wipe, could you release an update which only contains the changes, to save download time etc?

I believe it's easy enough to do and it was standard procedure on most of the HTC Hero ROMs I used to play with. Thanks!

Dialer is quite normal to be hight : but how hight is it?