[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

I'm bit noob about this, but can some one tell how I can install jellyfish with new kernel? So now I have downlaoded the normal jellyfis zip file and then this froyo kernel zip(both from first post of this thread).

Do I need to unzip them and replace all the files in jellyfish zip with files in kernel zip and then make new zip file of that? Or what?

Guest Gibdos
I'm bit noob about this, but can some one tell how I can install jellyfish with new kernel? So now I have downlaoded the normal jellyfis zip file and then this froyo kernel zip(both from first post of this thread).

Do I need to unzip them and replace all the files in jellyfish zip with files in kernel zip and then make new zip file of that? Or what?

As far as I understand it you would need to go to your clockword recovery menu and apply the Jellyfish ROM first and then the custom kernel you would like to use. You should also probaly clear your cache etc. before rebooting or else it might end up in an infinite boot.

At least that's how it worked for me.

So I just wanted to thank the Creator of this great rom! It's Froyo without any lock screen freezes so far.

Thank you very much!

Guest voradorpt
Wait, so it isn't possible to have an overclocked AHB and an overclocked CPU at the same time?

It is. The AHB .zip is also CPU overclockable.

Guest 90180360
As far as I understand it you would need to go to your clockword recovery menu and apply the Jellyfish ROM first and then the custom kernel you would like to use. You should also probaly clear your cache etc. before rebooting or else it might end up in an infinite boot.

At least that's how it worked for me.

I think just for the kernel you don't need to clear anything.

Is it correct to assume that this kernel should work with every other 2.2 ROM?

Guest css771

Installed the new overclocked kernel on RLS3b and within 10 minutes I had my first screen freeze. I had never had one before either on Paul's froyo roms or on RLS3b with the old kernel. It be because I have the OSF and this kernel is meant for the 003z. Though one of the devs needs to comment on that.

Guest IronDoc
So you can't install both of the new kernel zip files?

Does the cpu overclock one have the ahb as well as it should do?

Other way round. he one labelled with AHB is OCed for both CPU and AHB. The other is only OCed for CPU.

Guest nvidiax
Other way round. he one labelled with AHB is OCed for both CPU and AHB. The other is only OCed for CPU.

OK thanks it was a bit confusing :unsure:

Guest nvidiax

I did some testing and setcpu says it can go up to 806MHZ

But if you try it at that speed it reboots! So try it at the one at 768MHZ :unsure:

Edited by nvidiax

Guest harmohn

Can someone mirror "Overclockable kernel + Overclockable kernel with AHB overclocking" rar for me; mediafire download is fried B)

edit:.....scratch that.....finally getting a trickle of a download :unsure:

Edited by harmohn

Guest Afrodude

Not necessarily. It should work with Seb's de-softened ROM though.

Guest yeawhatever

No, Flibblesan has commented that this kernal doesnt work with his rom. He based his of the chineese leak though, so there must be come conflicts.

To be safe, only use roms based of Japaneese dump

Guest agpoli

@kallt_kaffe:

I'm using your ROM's from the beginning. First the Hungarian Hegdgehog, then the Finnish Fillyjonk and now the Japanese Jellyfish. I'm new to Android and Blade is my first smartphone, but I'm reading a lot about how things work. I've tried ROMs made by Paul, Sebastian and Flibblesan, but I always reverted to yours. They are great ROM's also, each of them is a piece of art, but they don't fitted my needs. So where was I? Oh, I got it! I would like to thank you for all your hard work that you've done, especially the overclocking addon! B)

One of the best things that happened to the MoDaCo community is YOU my friend! :unsure:

Guest jurrasstoil
Installed the new overclocked kernel on RLS3b and within 10 minutes I had my first screen freeze. I had never had one before either on Paul's froyo roms or on RLS3b with the old kernel. It be because I have the OSF and this kernel is meant for the 003z. Though one of the devs needs to comment on that.

Did your screen freeze just randomly while using the phone or did it freeze after waking up up and showing the lock screen?

Edited by jurrasstoil

Guest ale_syrj

Gotta love this community! The guys do an amazing job and super fast every time, too! Thanks!

5mp camera works with the new kernel and the screen hasn't frozen yet. With the old kernel it happened constantly so I'm hoping this means the problem is gone.

Guest Blues003
I did some testing and setcpu says it can go up to 806MHZ

But if you try it at that speed it reboots! So try it at the one at 787MHZ :unsure:

787 MHz froze my phone as well. I will lower the clock and see at which speed it is stable.

All fine with new kernel so far. Leds are okay, wifi seems to be fixed. Just wish the notification leds would keep flashing instead of only flashing for a few secs.

Regarding to this, how can I prevent the screen from flashing when there's unanswered phone call or SMS? That is to make it so that only the led flashes.

Edited by klx

Guest css771
Did your screen freeze just randomly while using the phone or did it freeze after waking up up and showing the lock screen?

It was while using the phone. But I now think it was not a freeze. Only due to my launcher (Go Launcher) not responding. After a reboot via adb, it's working fine.